ADVERTISEMENT

UL Donor withdraws $6 million pledge in protest of Jurich's firing

For someone with $6 million to spare, this guy isn't too smart.
You announce your going to pull the donation BEFORE he's fired if you want to bring pressure to bear. Now it just looks vindictive and small, hurting the track team and the girl's field hockey squad.
What's he expect the trustees to do, say never mind?

Not all but some boosters are very detrimental to a schools sports program because they are win at all costs. Louisville is better off not having that booster around. Just because somebody has money to give doesn’t mean they should have any influence in the daily operations or decision making.

They should get benefits of better seating and access that average fans don’t but who to hire and fire shouldn’t be their call or even have major influence in those matters.

Well, now we know what Happy from Blue Chips looks like 30 years later.
th

so, he wasnt actually donating to UofL Athletics, but actually to the University of Tom Athletics.

What happened to L1C4

Now would be the best time to show your support

This.

I know you're looking U6 fan, so remember this. It's why you'll always be "Little Brother". In 1989, our support was never better.

And look at your fan base in 2017.

You can tell by the picture he is old but you cannot tell he is stupid until he opens his mouth and does something like this..And the old saying still applies " you can't help the ignorant".

He did it for an awful reason, but the result is much much better - that money is now going to the UL school of music and the Norton Children's Hospital.
Shows you how Jurich warped the priorities of that entire line-bearded community.

"I'm so mad at UofL for firing Baron Jurich that I'm taking that money earmarked for my favorite scandal ridden athletic department, and will instead throw it in disgust at band geeks and the place that takes care of sick kids!! THAT WILL TEACH YOU!!!!!"

Now hold up just a tick and look at it from his point of view. He's in the autumn of life and he yearns to live out his days watching UL achieve glory on the field and the court. Even if it means buying recruits and running a few whores through Minardi.

Not all but some boosters are very detrimental to a schools sports program because they are win at all costs. Louisville is better off not having that booster around. Just because somebody has money to give doesn’t mean they should have any influence in the daily operations or decision making.

They should get benefits of better seating and access that average fans don’t but who to hire and fire shouldn’t be their call or even have major influence in those matters.
Bingo. And Uof L is better off without donors like that and their money.

Reactions: Xception
Sounds like someone is draining the swamp. Congrats to UL, Matt Bevin, Dr Postel and all those who are doing what they were hired to do. It's great to see the Kentucky governor doing what our president claimed he would do. I'd love to see Bevin president one day.

On Louisville radio yesterday they were saying that a lot of Louisville alumni were getting calls asking for donations to the school. The calls were going out the day they fired Jurich.

I know fan is short for fanatic - I'm just glad we haven't been put in a position where we are forced to disregard all sorts of scandals, controversies and embarrassments in the name of wining.

Larger point is the entire university of Louisville is a complete dumpster fire - which is both joyful and triumphant! Heh

Reactions: mdlUK.1
$5,950,000 for Pitino, and the balance divided equally between all athletic teams...

That 6 mill was dedicated for Rick and Jurich. Funneled via foundation?

In all seriousness.. has there ever been an overall bigger train wreck than current UofL athletics? The train has been flipping for years now.

Just 98% of it.

Reactions: Mike-D

Exactly. It's guys like him that got U of L in this mess in the first place. He just helped with the cleansing process without even realizing it. And I can't hep but be redundant, but choosing Jurich over sick children?
That's absurd.

Reactions: Xception
Good for him. Instead of donating to their overbloated, over leveraged, most profitable athletic dept ever, he's given more to the music school and children's hospital.

Well done!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT