ADVERTISEMENT

UL decommit interested in UK

Let's get this young man!

It's strange went to U6 site not a single word about his change of commitment.

That place is a ghost town.

Reactions: mattrudd
Let's get this young man!

It's strange went to U6 site not a single word about his change of commitment.

That place is a ghost town.
Yep. And just a slightly more populated ghost town over here. It's always slow after spring practice but the maximum security prison nature of this year's spring works at both schools has minimized conversations.

He is 2019 WR prospect currently "unranked" by Rivals. For what little it is worth, Card fans do not worry too much about recruiting the WR position.

Peace

I don’t care what he’s ranked and i know highlight tapes are all only the good plays, but this kid looks like he has great hands. He goes up and gets the ball over defenders and can catch it in difficult situations, high passes, low passes and even when the pass went through the defenders hands. Hope he comes to UK!

Yep. And just a slightly more populated ghost town over here. It's always slow after spring practice but the maximum security prison nature of this year's spring works at both schools has minimized conversations.

He is 2019 WR prospect currently "unranked" by Rivals. For what little it is worth, Card fans do not worry too much about recruiting the WR position.

Peace

LMAO was waiting for your explanation, we will gladly take the unranked WR off your hands.

LMAO was waiting for your explanation, we will gladly take the unranked WR off your hands.
Hey, maybe he is a future 1st round pick. IDK. I'm just saying, year in and year out, UofL does a pretty good job of recruiting the WR position. As a "minimum" if UofL offered him they must have seen something they liked. Maybe that is what has you excited about the possibility he actually chooses UK? Right now UofL has 31 WR offers out to the class of 2019. Recent history suggests they will be OK at WR with or without Crumes.

Peace

Last edited:
Hey, maybe he is a future 1st round pick. IDK. I'm just saying, year in and year out, UofL does a pretty good job of recruiting the WR position. As a "minimum" if UofL offered him they must have seen something they liked. Maybe that is what has you excited abutted the possibility he actually chooses UK? Right now UofL has 31 WR offers out to the class of 2019. Recent history suggests they will be OK at WR with or without Crumes.

Peace

Well than the young man made a wise decision to de-commit. With 31 WR offers you plainly explained you don't need Tae Tae Crumes at U6

As far as me being excited ( LMAO) I do want TTC at UK and can only hope we can get him signed....TTC please come to UK WE WANT YOU young man!

@North Carolina Blue Wildcat - do you think UL MUST land the best players in Louisville to be successful?
No, I don't. I would certainly like UofL to land the best Louisville talent but I know that seldom happens. Just look at the last few years. And even if UofL owned the Metro there are just not enough P5 caliber players each year on which to "build your recruiting".

Just about everything positive about "Louisville Football" dates back to Howard Schnellenberger. He made no bones about "having" to go to FL to get guys that could play. Some of my uneasiest moments as a fan have been when new coaches have come in and "failed" to recognize FL as recruiting priority.

Back in the day, I recall Roy Kidd would recruit FL "after the bigs were finished" and put together some great EKU teams with mostly FL "leftovers". Things are different now; just about every program recruits FL. They usually have about 300 or so kids get FBS schoolies each year.

A new "local problem" is Brohm recruiting Metro area hard for PU.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: billoliver40
No, I don't. I would certainly like UofL to land the best Louisville talent but I know that seldom happens. Just look at the last few years. And even if UofL owned the Metro there are just not enough P5 caliber players each year on which to "build your recruiting".

Just about everything positive about "Louisville Football" dates back to Howard Schnellenberger. He made no bones about "having" to go to FL to get guys that could play. Some of my uneasiest moments as a fan have been when new coaches have come in and "failed" to recognize FL as recruiting priority.

Back in the day, I recall Roy Kidd would recruit FL "after the bigs were finished" and put together some great EKU teams with mostly FL "leftovers". Things are different now; just about every program recruits FL. They usually have about 300 or so kids get FBS schoolies each year.

A new "local problem" is Brohm recruiting Metro area hard for PU.

Peace
Brohm seems to be laying claim to the whole state of Kentucky. Part of that imo, is that he can promote building the team and playing time. Just as you stated, Louisville can't offer that, and after six seasons neither can Kentucky.
JMO, I get concerned (continually) with the defensive line at UK. I hope against hope this season proves me wrong and the 3-4 multiple set is THE way to go and we have the coaches to bring that to pass. Some of the SEC o-lines are enormous (someone wrote Missouri's line averaged larger than Kansas City Chiefs line), and a thin front 3 or even front 7 loses steam as the game and season goes.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Oh come on, you know better. They are on a decline but have recruited the state much better than we have. Purdue has as well, even before Brohm.

So, who hasn't? The incredible support for the money cow (incredibly bad) let a lot of programs ahead of us in recruiting, we were having trouble getting some MAC talent to come here.

For what little it is worth, Card fans do not worry too much about recruiting the WR position.

Since you can have hooker parties in the athletic dorms and not one single person within the entire athletics department other than the participants knows anything about it, why would you worry about recruiting?

Since you can have hooker parties in the athletic dorms and not one single person within the entire athletics department other than the participants knows anything about it, why would you worry about recruiting?
I'll take a stab at this... Wildcard can add his red ray of sunshine...
Louisville is in the shape it's in/ and fans were left ignorant because of the sycophant media that has filled the vacuum created when the Binghams sold the CJ so many years ago... Little by little, it is my belief, that journalists were replaced by writers... Writers sell a story, journalists report the news... All the crazy stuff going on down Belknap way, was told, written about, and reported with a purpose... MONEY!!! Louisville isn't alone by a long shot... In an environment where people have been conditioned to believe what they read, non-reporting can achieve similar effects... It is said, people don't want to read printed media (newspapers) anymore?... I personally don't believe this.. I just think people tired of reading the $hiz they were putting out and paying for unreported news...
Many a good UofL fan has tire marks all over them where the Goodnews Card Bus driven by Ramsey, Jurich, Pitino and Media ran all over them....

Yep. And just a slightly more populated ghost town over here.

Just caught this nugget, WildCard, and did three minutes of research.

The public forum . . . . The Crunch Zone has three posts since Tuesday night, and you have participated in 6 threads, here, during that same time period . . . . and you have not participated in all threads, here. [And you have not posted there, during that time period.]

Seems our little "ghost town," still has a livery, a saloon, or two, and I think I hear Miss Kitty calling . . . . .

[And doing another 3 minutes of research, you only posted 27 times between July '17, and last posted on the public Card forum in September of '17?? Sounds like our Miss Kitty has a hold on you. Or maybe you just like conversing football with actual football fans? Or did you get banned? :)]

Last edited:

The public forum . . . . The Crunch Zone has three posts since Tuesday night, and you have participated in 6 threads, here, during that same time period . . . . and you have not participated in all threads, here. [And you have not posted there, during that time period.]

Seems our little "ghost town," still has a livery, a saloon, or two, and I think I hear Miss Kitty calling . . . . .

[And doing another 3 minutes of research, you only posted 27 times between July '17, and last posted on the public Card forum in September of '17?? Sounds like our Miss Kitty has a hold on you. Or maybe you just like conversing football with actual football fans? Or did you get banned? :)]

You do have to give him some credit, it is a tough time to be a Transfer U fan. Hell, with jurich gone they might even lose their main claim to fame, "Transfer U".

Reactions: The-Hack

That's some good research. I respect that and it will put more credibility in your posts. [laughing]

But I do almost all of my Cardinal Sports posting on the premium board (The Collision Course) not the free board. My experience has been that any critical commentary is "better received" on premium boards than on free boards. Probably the same over here. [winking]

Peace

Well....Petrino does have a good eye for WRs. And we sure as hell need some who can consistently catch the ball.

I appreciate Wildcards posts. Respectful but still loyal to his team, as he should be. Nothing wrong with opposing fans disagreeing and giving their slant.
Has Louisville taken players that were over the edge? Sure. So has Kentucky. Miami and Florida State have built powerhouse teams flying with some of those kids. Most our SEC brethren have too. Just for me, the only issue I have with Card football is a jerk head coach. I have to admit though if he were at UK putting up 8, 9 wins a year we would find sunny parts of his disposition.

Reactions: mattrudd
But I do almost all of my Cardinal Sports posting on the premium board (The Collision Course) not the free board.

Hmmm. I've done another 3 minutes of research, and you've posted 21 times since April 8th on the premy Card forum, and 24 times, here.

Jesus, Man, just admit you've got a "man crush" on the Cat Fans.

[Bet you didn't think one could do a name search on the premy forum, over there.] :)

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Hmmm. I've done another 3 minutes of research, and you've posted 21 times since April 8th on the premy Card forum, and 24 times, here.

Jesus, Man, just admit you've got a "man crush" on the Cat Fans.

[Bet you didn't think one could do a name search on the premy forum, over there.] :)
Many, many years ago when I got into this message board thing I deliberated pretty hard about signing into this board OR the UofL board. I went with UofL but claimed the moniker "WildCard" to appropriately post on either forum. Eventually (due to a hacker) a lot or regular posters over there went to premium and so did I.

There are more posters (and thus more traffic) on this board than over on Cardinal Sports. That means more thoughts to share or things to discuss over here. I suspect the majority (60% ???) of my 20,000+ post have been over here. I have no idea how to "research it" but I suspect you can. [winking]

Peace

PS: Thanks Bill!

Last edited:
I appreciate Wildcards posts. Respectful but still loyal to his team, as he should be. Nothing wrong with opposing fans disagreeing and giving their slant.
Has Louisville taken players that were over the edge? Sure. So has Kentucky. Miami and Florida State have built powerhouse teams flying with some of those kids. Most our SEC brethren have too. Just for me, the only issue I have with Card football is a jerk head coach. I have to admit though if he were at UK putting up 8, 9 wins a year we would find sunny parts of his disposition.

What an idiotic response, putting UK in the same group as some of those proven cheaters. And you left out Thug U.

Hartline in the bowl game, Tubman and the kangaroo court, the four star DE also from Louisville that threw away a lot of potential because he didn't separate himself from his Transfer U buddy that never got in trouble, Caffey that the coaches said was our best player on defense after they switched him to DB.

Sorry, agree that W/C brings a lot of knowledge with his posts, but putting UK in the same class as some of those win at all costs losers is despicable, IMO, UK leans over backwards way too far considering what the incompetent NCAA has become, IMO, a bunch of fraidy cats. And I want a clean program a lot more than almost anyone on here, IMO.

Not trying to be despicable or picable Jauk.
Nature of fandom is we embrace our coach...until he screws up. Plenty argued against the disciplinary actions various coaches have taken. Some of those you mentioned are still thrown up there.
Switching sports, what's the difference twixt John Calipari at Kentucky vs the guy who was at Memphis? Besides he's ours and got Barnhart over him rather than who he did have?
I think Stoops wants a clean program. I'm certain Mitch Barnhart does. It will be interesting going forward how Mr Tyra at UofL gets involved with his programs.

But, we can disagree and disagree heavily.
There were many internet voices wanting Bobby Petrino to get his shot in Lexington.
Others were calling for Art Briles until the full scope of his actions/inactions came out.
All Fans want to win. Period. I would like to think otherwise, but so far I've not seen proof that would make me think so.

Nature of fandom is we embrace our coach...until he screws up. Plenty argued against the disciplinary actions various coaches have taken. Some of those you mentioned are still thrown up there.
Switching sports, what's the difference twixt John Calipari at Kentucky vs the guy who was at Memphis? Besides he's ours and got Barnhart over him rather than who he did have?
I think Stoops wants a clean program. I'm certain Mitch Barnhart does. It will be interesting going forward how Mr Tyra at UofL gets involved with his programs.

There were many internet voices wanting Bobby Petrino to get his shot in Lexington.
Others were calling for Art Briles until the full scope of his actions/inactions came out.
All Fans want to win. Period. I would like to think otherwise, but so far I've not seen proof that would make me think so.

The main difference is fans believing what they want to believe with Cal, the FACTS are he had two bad marks against his name and in BOTH cases the NCAA made an extraoridnary statement absolving him of any blame in BOTH cases. What has he done borderline at UK (except possibly no significant punishment for his drunk player, unlike Hartline, but that just shows the difference in football support and bb support at UK) and why in hell would he even think of cheating here when he is already turning down five star players?

I campaigned heavily on here.AGAINST BP to UK, I can live with losing easier than I can sinking to a win at all costs philosophy.

Reactions: The-Hack

Mebbe so but I can speak for myself and you can rest assured had Petrino become UK's head ball coach, one of us wouldn't be wearing or rooting for the blue.

Mebbe so but I can speak for myself and you can rest assured had Petrino become UK's head ball coach, one of us wouldn't be wearing or rooting for the blue.
I likely wouldn't have either. At the time UK had come open, there was zero chance an SEC team would hire Bobby P because of the Arkansas debacle. If I remember correctly, such luminary teams as Auburn and Tennessee had decided to pass.

Reactions: Cazwheel1072
ADVERTISEMENT