ADVERTISEMENT

UL Championship

Ok I've been wanting to ask this. What is your true allegiance. Are you a UL fan? A UK fan?
I pull for UK every game but one and you know what that is. [winking] For the record, I was a "UK first" fan even while I was at UofL (mid-late 60s). After moving back to Louisville ('71) I bought UofL season tickets but still attended many UK games in the 70s, early 80s ("partial" season ticket holder). There were several years when I would watch UK in the afternoon, UofL in the evening and then go up to Concy on Sunday (shared Bengals tickets for their first 4 or 5 years). I've seen a lot of bad football.

Began to shift over to "UofL first" mentality when Schnellenberger took the UofL job. I remember the first game he coached at Louisville and pretty much just sat there thinking "thats Howard Schnellenberger down there". FWIW, the big thing Schnellenberger did was convince the UofL administration, the UofL fans and the community that UofL could be much more than what the program had been. And, yes, I believe he could have done the same for UK.

I like to think of myself as pretty objective about both schools and will not let "fandom" define me as a person. I love football and enjoy civil dialog with either fanbase. As you can see by some of the posts in this thread that is sometimes difficult on this board. [laughing]

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
Dude, OP knows that UofL has no championship caliber team. He's making fun of their fans and their delusions of grandeur.

As evident in this thread, there are UK fans who have some insight into the UofL roster. There are plenty of fans who keep up with programs other than their own, especially when it has to do with your rivals.
Thanks for clarification!

Looked on that ghost town of a site steelers ruined.

They're trying to figure out who their in Conf rival is....that place has tumble weeds and cobwebs.

Correct about Steelers. Only thread about Freeze I found was started last Thursday by Knucklehank. No replies. Until I just posted an Emoji response. I assume I'm now banned, like I give a rats behind.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Ok I am going to bite and respond to you guys.
1. I don't see a UL Champioship but I do 9 or 10 wins including a win in Lexington.
2. You guys have played the Strongs defensive players too long. Most of Strongs players were gone before last season. Petrino has actually had higher ranked classes than most of Strongs.
3. Just wanted to point out that UL had been in the ACC for 3 seasons. During those 3 seasons UL has had about the same ACC record as Clemson and FSU and is near
the top of the standings. The ACC has actually done well against the SEC during these 3 years in head to head play.

4. Yes UL lost their last 3 games but you forget the details. Houston and LSU wee both
preseason top 6 teams and the UL secondary was playing 3rd team guys most of the second half in the UK game. UL should have won anyhow but fumbled it away.
Sometimes things happen but we're still a good team. UL beat The Orange Bowl champ FSU and took national champ Clemson down to the last minute on the road. I see this as a wash but you guys choose to see the loses but not the wins.

5. Saying dumb things like Jackson would not win the Heisman playing in the SEC and he played agibst nobody. Truth is Jackson had 2 of his best games and probably won the Heisman against FSU and Clemson two really good teams. As for winning the Heisman playing in the SEC it would depend upon which team he played for. Remember most SEC teams have better Olines than UL.

6. This will be a big year for the rival game. UL has won 5 of the last 6 against the Cats but UK pulled the upset last year Recruiting glasses have been close to each other depending on the site. UL has actually played better in Lex in the rival games. If UK can win this year they have maybe swung the series back in their direction. If UL wins it means last year was a fluke and UL is still the better program.

7 on schedule. UL plays two top teams in FSU and Clemson as well as uK on the road. you guys are talking g about 8 wins. Seems pretty strong to me. Good enough for sure. At the same time you are overlooking that UK plays the 2 worst teams in the SEC west this year and Mizzou the worst sec team in years plus rebuilding Vandy and SC. FL and Georgia are not as good as FSU and Clemson.

Just saying... Guess we are all full of hopes and dreams in July.
Uavel is the bung hole of college sports..

I pull for UK every game but one and you know what that is. [winking] For the record, I was a "UK first" fan even while I was at UofL (mid-late 60s). After moving back to Louisville ('71) I bought UofL season tickets but still attended many UK games in the 70s, early 80s ("partial" season ticket holder). There were several years when I would watch UK in the afternoon, UofL in the evening and then go up to Concy on Sunday (shared Bengals tickets for their first 4 or 5 years). I've seen a lot of bad football.

Began to shift over to "UofL first" mentality when Schnellenberger took the UofL job. I remember the first game he coached at Louisville and pretty much just sat there thinking "thats Howard Schnellenberger down there". FWIW, the big thing Schnellenberger did was convince the UofL administration, the UofL fans and the community that UofL could be much more than what the program had been. And, yes, I believe he could have done the same for UK.

I like to think of myself as pretty objective about both schools and will not let "fandom" define me as a person. I love football and enjoy civil dialog with either fanbase. As you can see by some of the posts in this thread that is sometimes difficult on this board. [laughing]

Peace

:joy:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT