ADVERTISEMENT

UL BOT Closed Meeting Tomorrow

So what seems to be the consensus around the Jurich situation? He staying or getting the boot??

He's getting the boot. Not just from the Pitino scandals, but how can the athletic department can bring in so much revenue but not turning a profit. How's that possible? I think they show him the door.

They should fire him for being stupid enough to commit to paying Pitino $44-mil like they may have to do now. Jurich should be forced to pay that himself.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
giphy.gif

Reactions: treuxbleux
They should fire him for being stupid enough to commit to paying Pitino $44-mil like they may have to do now. Jurich should be forced to pay that himself.
They are not going to have to pay Pitino 44 million... A contract is a contract and there is really no reason to pay him anything. He did bad stuff and got fired for cause. Case closed. Jurich should be gone easily. Stealing from the school and the foundation and telling your boss no, when you are told to fire someone. Come on. This will be easier than Pitino.

He was fired for cause. Don't think UL owes him $44 mil.... UL might settle on a lesser amount to avoid legal battles but I don't think Rick would win in court. JMO though

If he doesn't have the votes now, he won't have them later. From what I'm reading, Grissom is THE power on the board right now. I am getting the impression he was put there specifically to get the financial situation rearranged, and has little qualms in cutting one more part of the Ramsey fiasco loose. The articles that state Ramsey gave Jurich a six million dollar bonus for the adidas deal when Jurich himself stated all that money is for athletics...not the athletics director mind you...should give everyone a chance to step back. The ULAA has all stated they knew nothing about that. Throw in nepotism, which everyone agrees was evident along the action of no action regarding Pitino and Minardi Hall.....

Seems like most rational people would be saying this house needs to be cleaned.

He was fired for cause. Don't think UL owes him $44 mil.... UL might settle on a lesser amount to avoid legal battles but I don't think Rick would win in court. JMO though

Ah yes...but now fired...we WANT LilBrothel to pay him $44-mil. This will further push the Athletic Dept into bankruptcy.

Reactions: JDHoss
Surely legal counsel for the BOT is smart enough to advise them that keeping TOM will almost assuredly cause problems when they are defending Pitino's inevitable lawsuit against them.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
All I can say is that it's a good thing the dim-witted fan-boys of Louisville aren't getting to make this decision, because they'd keep Jurich. The best course of action is clearly to move on from him, but I don't know what these people will do. If they're thinking with their brains, they'll continue down the road they're traveling. If the people Jurich has blackmailed and bribed in the room have the upper hand, he will stay. (and you can bet your bottom dollar he's done all he can to call in every favor)

My feeling is that he's gone.

The academic side of the University, to the degree it exists, certainly wants Jurich gone. Jurich has been their defacto boss. There is no doubt that the clear sign of whether "academics" at the UofL is important for the future, will be if Jurich is fired. That will mean that the UofL is in fact ready to embrace its actual mission. If Jurich win out and returns...then that is the sign that Athletics will again exert its primacy over the Academic side of the University. Under that scenario I could see many on the academic side...that no one ever hears or know about...the dept heads who you could stack together in a pile and still not pay as much as Jurich.....those will give up and move on. This is UofL's chance to reign in the Athletics Dept and to have a President who is the boss. With Jurich there that is not possible. Who will win the tug-o-war?

Has it been 30 days? I thought he had 30 days notice before he could be fired.

If correct, i dont see how any meeting tomorrow will result in him being fired.

Dr. H., funny that you mentioned that about the teachers. i know one that has been there a while and she told me recently that she hasnt had a raise in 5-6 yrs. Hates what is going on there and very pissed at the University that these clowns were not let go a long time ago. This is a prevalent feeling with many of the teachers she said. She is not sure how much longer she will stay. Much depends on this shit going on. It's a shame.

Heard on news last night that they offered a settlement and it was turned down.

I think they offered 1.5 million to his charity for his son, Daniel, if he resigned but he would not do it.

Has it been 30 days? I thought he had 30 days notice before he could be fired.

If correct, i dont see how any meeting tomorrow will result in him being fired.
I believe he had 10 days to prepare his argument. That argument will take place at the regularly scheduled BOT meeting tomorrow.

I believe he had 10 days to prepare his argument. That argument will take place at the regularly scheduled BOT meeting tomorrow.

But didnt his contract require 30 days written notice before termination?

Or do i just have that wrong

Dr. H., funny that you mentioned that about the teachers. i know one that has been there a while and she told me recently that she hasnt had a raise in 5-6 yrs. Hates what is going on there and very pissed at the University that these clowns were not let go a long time ago. This is a prevalent feeling with many of the teachers she said. She is not sure how much longer she will stay. Much depends on this shit going on. It's a shame.

I'd heard that too so that is why I think it will be an important signal to all of those teaching at the UofL as to whether things will change. I really think that Postel is totally willing to fire Jurich...just so he can truly be in charge. This is the academic sides moment to become important. Its so weird to think that this would even be a consideration at a legit University....but we've seen that LilBro is a different kind of place.

I'd heard that too so that is why I think it will be an important signal to all of those teaching at the UofL as to whether things will change. I really think that Postel is totally willing to fire Jurich...just so he can truly be in charge. This is the academic sides moment to become important. Its so weird to think that this would even be a consideration at a legit University....but we've seen that LilBro is a different kind of place.
It's a shame, when I was growing up in Louisville in the 50's Uvel was a highly respected institution of higher learning. Now they're not respected in academics or athletics. That's what happens when you sell your soul

ADVERTISEMENT