ADVERTISEMENT

UL Athletic Dept with massive fail on Twitter

SilentsAreGolden

All-American
Dec 12, 2007
KSR talked about this and it's on their website. The UL AD tweeted that Blackshear is the first player in NCAA history to make 4 straight Sweet Sixteens. Wow.

I'm not sure that he is even the first UofL player to do that. But even if he was, is that something to really brag about?

That sounds like something Indiana would publish...

edited because I can't type worth a dang!
This post was edited on 3/24 11:44 AM by *CatinIL*

Originally posted by *CatinIL*:
That sounds something Indiana who publish...
yep
laugh.r191677.gif

That sounds like something they would believe in their bubble of delusion.

When you're the best college sports city in Amurrica, you trumpet these accomplishments loudly and proudly. Even if they aren't true.

I saw it all over my facebook shared by UofL fans. They would post it with comments like. How many former or current kitty cats can say that? Then everyone started responding ( consecutive elite 8s) Cameron Mills, Allen Edwards, Wayne Turner, (seet 16s)Kenny Walker, Roger Harden....Then Scott Padgett and Prickett have all been to 4 elite 8s but not in a row.......Shortly there after the whole thing was taken down by UofL athletic department.

How does that even happen? Anyone with even a hint of basketball history knowledge could debunk that off the top of their head. Even if you can't, it would take less than 5 minutes to research.

If only they could get to four Sweet 16s.

Maybe it was because Twitter allows only a certain amount of characters and the last sentence was omitted.

...who attended UL and was not implicated in criminal charges or abortion.

Originally posted by MdWIldcat55:
I'm guessing between UCLA in the 1960s-1970s, Duke in the 1980s-1990s and Kentucky between 95-99 dozens if not hundreds of people have done it. UNCheats had a streak of Sweet 16 appearances that must have included players who played four years. I'm sure there are many other examples.
Cal's last four seasons at Memphis went Elite 8, Elite 8, Final Four, Sweet 16. I'm sure there were a few seniors on that last team that played in all four tournaments.

Reminds me of the times they told us Chris Jones was suspended for flopping and that the 3 stacks was for insurance.... UofLOL is the gift that keeps on giving.

While I was reading I started thinking of Pinky and the Brain. I don't know why.

Louisville Athletics just tweeted this "50 Iranian terrorist have taken over all the Sizzlers steakhouses"

That's hilarious. I went over to their board to see if anyone had posted it and ran with it before fact checking and I am assuming it was already taken down lol.

UK's Wayne Turner;

1996: National Champions
1997: National title game
1998: National Champions
1999: Elite Eight

GBB!!!

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
That sounds like something they would believe in their bubble of delusion.
"Bubble of delusion" is the perfect description of everyone associated with UofL athletics, especially their fans. Exhibit A is their idiocy involving their impending "ACC Takeover".

Originally posted by The_Godfather:

"Bubble of delusion"[/B] is the perfect description of everyone associated with UofL athletics, especially their fans. Exhibit A is their idiocy involving their impending "ACC Takeover".
Louisville. Now known as the B.O.D. --- LOL!

Originally posted by TankedCat:
Maybe they meant first U of L player?
Maybe so, but it's pretty far stretch to go from "First UofL player...." to "First NCAA division 1 player...".

Originally posted by The_Godfather:
Originally posted by TankedCat:
Maybe they meant first U of L player?
Maybe so, but it's pretty far stretch to go from "First UofL player...." to "First NCAA division 1 player...".
the price you pay when you have interns doing this sort of thing?

Originally posted by UKErik:
UK's Wayne Turner;

1996: National Champions
1997: National title game
1998: National Champions
1999: Elite Eight

GBB!!!
To make matters worse, Wayne Turner is an assistant coach at UL (or at least he sits on their bench during games).

It's that darn fuzzy math getting in the way of the Tards again...since they started counting only x numbers of years to achieve their desired y numbered results, they be all confused.

uofl-fan.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: University of Louisville athletics department says Barack Obama is the first president to ever be re-elected!

Congrats to UL, though, on finally having a streak of 4 straight sweet 16s. Kentucky has only done that 4 separate times, with two of them being streaks of 5 and one of 6.

Add Allen Edwards and Cameron Mills to that Era. Padgett and Prickett had 4 Elite 8s but not in a row, redshirt/injury

Should print up some special edition KFC buckets to commemorate the achievement. Fans could wear them with pride.

Maybe they meant only player to progrss to the sweet 16 4 years in a row, but not get any further. Still not sure thats true either though...or maybe in typicsl ul fashion, they started counting in 2010 since they were irrelevant before that.

Re: UL Athletic Dept with massive fail on Twitter[/URL]
Smashcat posted on 3/24/2015...

If only they could get to four Sweet 16s.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!![/B]
roll.r191677.gif

Guys, you are forgetting that all UofL touts have a very specific time frame. I have no doubt the full tweet said "First player in NCAA history to go to a 4th straight sweet sixteen at 11:47 p.m. on March 22, 2015." Some of it no doubt was left off by accident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT