ADVERTISEMENT

UK with three open scrimmages 9/15 weekend

My wife gave me 2 hours so we had to leave at the end of the fifth. I had no roster to go by so am not going to be able to give much pf a breakdown. Someone needs to tell the athletic dept to just let a student try their hand at announcing and to pass out rosters. I'd bet some college student that has listened to Neil Price would love to take their shot at it.

I can say that Squires might be able to sing soprano in church tomorrow. TJ Collett still makes contact that doesn't sound like anyone else's contact. You just think it is going to be gone. Combs was getting a lot a opportunities to play first base. Zeke Lewis looks like he'll be a pinch runner again to me. He was swinging at just about anything.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
They had a big right hander #38 who looked pretty good in when I left. Looked like someone who may give up some home runs but could also overpower some batters. I'm thinking that might have been Marozas. I didn't realize how bad my cataracts are until I was trying to make out numbers so I don't have much more that I am sure i saw.

I went to Saturday's scrimmage. They played 5 1/2 innings. #38 was Freshman Jimmy Ramsey. Thompson pitched 3 innings and Haake pitched 3. Ramsey pitched 3 and Aaron McGeorge pitched 2.

Cam Hill and Ben Aklinski both hit HRs. They played CF for opposite teams. Ryan Johnson had a couple of hard hit balls. Collett played a little at 1B along with Cottam and Combs. It appeared to me that Becker and Collett have transformed their bodies. Both looked slimmer.

Reactions: parrott
Man this is really going to be an interesting year. There are so many new faces that I am excited about. Johnson is a beast. Aklinski was a JUCO beast. He hit .361 two years in a row and was D2 JUCO defensive player of the year. Cam Hill, the hometown kid, seems to be competing well with him and that is exciting to see. Hill will be the future in center and that competition will only pay off. A new guy at first, but everyone is fighting for it. Pitching will probably be the deepest that it has ever been.

It's only September and I am freaking pumped. This is the first year in a long time, maybe ever, that the baseball fever just hasn't kind of faded. Usually the season ends and baseball talk drifts away and it kind of becomes out of sight out of mind. This year... we're still here and talking about it and I am already itching for February.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT