ADVERTISEMENT

UK will NOT play Bellarmine this week

Don’t see how any of this is UK’s fault. Everyone would prefer a better opponent but with 48 hours notice not sure who were actual realistic options other than a Bellarmine/Morehead type school.

Reactions: westerncat
Don’t see how any of this is UK’s fault. Everyone would prefer a better opponent but with 48 hours notice not sure who were actual realistic options other than a Bellarmine/Morehead type school.
They don't have to play the game on Wednesday. It can be played on Thursday.

when you make a joke about the state of the program and it wasn't really a joke

s1MxT0x.png

Last edited:
They don't have to play the game on Wednesday. It can be played on Thursday.

Well I guess that’s true. Still not sure how that extra 24 hrs would change availability. But possible I guess.

I’m working on the assumption all the brass at UK looked into these things and this was best available. If you are working on another assumption that’s your prerogative.

Reactions: Graham51
Other than shitty 6 pm time, this game will probably draw pretty good crowd from Bellarmine alums

I had a feeling it was going to be Bellarmine. I don't get the crying. Yes, would be nice to play someone like Gonzaga or Baylor, but today is Monday, this game was supposed to be Wednesday, and other teams also already have their own games scheduled in advance. It is nice to see the irrational folks outing themselves. You are driven by hate of Calipari, not reason. People usually tell on themselves. Just let them talk while you listen.
Its frustrating. I get it. But people are expecting Cal and Mitch to stand up and perform a magic trick to get a Top 25 team in here on 36 hours notice. On a holiday week. Yeeeeaaaahhhh.

Again, if I had season tickets I’d be grumpy too. But I’d also understand it’s not UK Athletics fault. Part of being an adult is eating crap sandwiches. And after a year like 2020 you’d think we’d take a lot more stuff in stride. Guess not.

Honestly, UofL vs Bellarmine?

I'd rather play Bellarmine, they are new in Div I and their coach is good. Why not?

Its frustrating. I get it. But people are expecting Cal and Mitch to stand up and perform a magic trick to get a Top 25 team in here on 36 hours notice. On a holiday week. Yeeeeaaaahhhh.

Again, if I had season tickets I’d be grumpy too. But I’d also understand it’s not UK Athletics fault. Part of being an adult is eating crap sandwiches. And after a year like 2020 you’d think we’d take a lot more stuff in stride. Guess not.
Like others have said a few more good home games earlier would have made things better now.

Baylor plays tonight. They aren’t going to want to hop on a plane and come out here. Especially if they’re sending their kids home tomorrow.

My point exactly. Same with all these teams.

Nobody is saying the cancellation is UK, or Cal's fault, please stop saying that. We get it, UofL had to cancel, we got it, figured that out right off the bat.

What will be UK's fault though, is the quick decision to just throw Bellarmine in there as a replacement and call it good.

What is also UK's fault, is the ridiculously frail non-conference home schedule they put together for this year. If it wasn't a complete kick in the junk to paying patrons, this wouldn't be such a slap in the face.

Can't wait to hear Cal talk down to the fans for not coming to Rupp again. That’s awesome.

Like others have said a few more good home games earlier would have made things better now.
And thats a valid but separate point. But this thats in the past and UK Athletic Dept is scrambling to find a team. We have Ds team ready if need be. Which we should thank them. They could’ve said “hell no”too. At least one program in Louisville has integrity.

Gotcha.

I have a feeling SOS isn't going to be relied on too heavily given cancellations and whatnot. It's not UK's fault they lost Ohio State and Louisville off their schedule.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Nobody is saying the replacement opponent had to be a top 10 team. Hell, was Louisville even top 50?
I think we were just hoping for a power 5 opponent.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Take whom we can get.Wish it been a better opponent but it is what it is.At least we are playing.Kudos to Bellarmine if this is true.

I'm not blaming UK for this - and the two aren't connected but this is yet another example of having a schedule full of nobodies. Had UK had a some decent games at Rupp, noticeably fewer would be barking about Bellarmine coming in last minute.

Personally I'd like to know they exhausted all options before Bellarmine, then if its Bellarmine so be it, we should thank them for taking us on last minute in what would almost certainly be a loss for them.

But if we hear later on that a better program would have traveled and happily played, then that is a bit of a slap in the face.

And thats a valid but separate point. But this thats in the past and UK Athletic Dept is scrambling to find a team. We have Ds team ready if need be. Which we should thank them. They could’ve said “hell no”too. At least one program in Louisville has integrity.
I don't disagree with that at all.Mack is a coward and I wish UK would now quit playing them for this pitiful tactic.

Good Lord some of y'all are just miserable. It's the week of Christmas and you expect UK to pull a great opponent out of there ass in 48 hrs?? Do you grasp how far ahead of time schedules are made?? That's for a reasons a college or pro team traveling isn't like your highschool team hopping on a bus to drive an hour away lol

I'm sure UK will do the best they can, but to bitch about this and place blame anywhere on UK is ignorant at best

I'm not blaming UK for this - and the two aren't connected but this is yet another example of having a schedule full of nobodies. Had UK had a some decent games at Rupp, noticeably fewer would be barking about Bellarmine coming in last minute.

Personally I'd like to know they exhausted all options before Bellarmine, then if its Bellarmine so be it, we should thank them for taking us on last minute in what would almost certainly be a loss for them.

But if we hear later on that a better program would have traveled and happily played, then that is a bit of a slap in the face.
Felling a little but hurt I see.

ADVERTISEMENT