ADVERTISEMENT

UK will NOT play Bellarmine this week

We'll get to see Bellarmine's rather unique offense. That will be interesting (at least to me anyway).

Reactions: Aike
I'm all for playing at game this week, even if it's Bellarmine. However, if UK thinks that it's going to use that game as a substitute for the UL game and not give the season ticket holders any discount or refund, that's going to be a MASSIVE problem.

Depends. Are fans going to bitch and moan endlessly like children for something completely out of our control.

I’m just happy we got a game to play!
Uh, ticket holders have every right to bitch about this and you need to be understanding about that. There was one damn pre con game that was worth a damn and it has just been replaced with another stiff.
It's not even noon yet, I highly doubt all options were exhausted.

Fine but respect others may have different opinions.
True. But the opinion needs to be based in reality at least.

This is out of our control and we found a team to play. Is what it is. I comepltely understand if someone wants their money back or is concerned about tickets, but to refuse to watch because we’re having to play a different team due to something we can’t control seems a little childish to me.

I would guess at this point scheduling any game will be a chore and especially for team who would have to travel via plane on such short notice.

Reactions: bbncal02
I'm all for playing at game this week, even if it's Bellarmine. However, if UK thinks that it's going to use that game as a substitute for the UL game and not give the season ticket holders any discount or refund, that's going to be a MASSIVE problem.
Yep. And that’s a fair statement. I’m sure the front office wouldn’t be that stupid.

Uh, ticket holders have every right to bitch about this and you need to be understanding about that. There was one damn pre con game that was worth a damn and it has just been replaced with another stiff.
It's not even noon yet, I highly doubt all options were exhausted.
Dude ranting over this situation just makes you look like a fool.

Pump the brakes, whiners. Bellermine is a backup IF , big IF, we can’t find a name school.

Reactions: Ed323232
Doesn't "postponed" mean the game will still be played? Why is everyone saying season ticket holders will be mad?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Teams can play 31 games I think. Most if not all schedule all 31 games. So only a team that has already lost a game could play UK. And that’s if they are not playing this week. That can’t be many teams. Then they would have to agree to come here. And probably demand a return game next season.

This could end up as a good deal for both UK and Bellarmine fans. If Bellarmine can wrangle a 2 year home and home that would mean a trip to Freedom Hall next year for UK as thats Bellarmines home arena. It would still be a virtual home game for UK as it would give UK fans who aren't season ticket holder at Rupp a chance to catch a game close by. It wouldnt be a game at Memorial as I've seen a lot of fans asking for but maybe its the next best option.

Reactions: bbncal02
Nate Oats first 6 years of coaching are better than Cal's. Look it up in between your looking up "other" stuff on your computer.
Maybe Cal will notice you outside his house one of these days.
Neither one should be hired to be head coach of Kentucky after those 6 years.

Cals already noticed me I stand out here every night warding off fools riding around on top of hay bales shouting about Dontae Allen. Usually I show them the flashlight at which point they become astounded at the wonders of technology and I once again have to explain to them how the world works

Reactions: Graham51
Teams can play 31 games I think. Most if not all schedule all 31 games. So only a team that has already lost a game could play UK. And that’s if they are not playing this week. That can’t be many teams. Then they would have to agree to come here. And probably demand a return game next season.
Why are you posting?

I had a feeling it was going to be Bellarmine. I don't get the crying. Yes, would be nice to play someone like Gonzaga or Baylor, but today is Monday, this game was supposed to be Wednesday, and other teams also already have their own games scheduled in advance. It is nice to see the irrational folks outing themselves. You are driven by hate of Calipari, not reason. People usually tell on themselves. Just let them talk while you listen.

I had a feeling it was going to be Bellarmine. I don't get the crying. Yes, would be nice to play someone like Gonzaga or Baylor, but today is Monday, this game was supposed to be Wednesday, and other teams also already have their own games scheduled in advance. It is nice to see the irrational folks outing themselves. You are driven by hate of Calipari, not reason. People usually tell on themselves. Just let them talk and listen.
Has nothing to do with Calipari

Or Allen

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
I had a feeling it was going to be Bellarmine. I don't get the crying. Yes, would be nice to play someone like Gonzaga or Baylor, but today is Monday, this game was supposed to be Wednesday, and other teams also already have their own games scheduled in advance. It is nice to see the irrational folks outing themselves. You are driven by hate of Calipari, not reason. People usually tell on themselves. Just let them talk and listen.
IMO it wouldn't be such a big deal if our home schedule wasn't already trash.

I’ve got an empty barn….would love about 12-15 posters on here to come battle each other to the death. All I ask is that you tell your families that I’m not being held responsible for injuries and or death. Really think thinning out the herd of this board would provide some mental relief for many

ADVERTISEMENT