ADVERTISEMENT

UK Vs. LSU 2/15/1990

Mar 5, 2006
I just rewatched this classic UK victory.

A few takeaways:

* Shaquille O'neil went for 14 pts & 21 rebs. Fouled out with 6 fouls. I remember listening to that game on the radio as a youngster but didn't seem to remember that college players were allowed 6 fouls once upon a time. What do you think about that rule? Do you like it at 5 or 6?

* Chris Jackson was REALLY GOOD! I'm surprised he didn't have more success at the NBA level. Perhaps, Tourette's had something to do with that.

* Rupp was electric! It's awesome to see how loyal our fans were even when they had no shot at post season success.

* The unforgettables had so much heart!

* Pitino could have been loved & went down in UK lore as an all-time great. What a scum he has become or revealed himself to be.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I was at the game and remember Shaq slamming the ball to the floor. Not sure if he fouled out then or not. I thought the six foul deal was experimental in the SEC that year.

Would defintely like to see the foul rule change to 6. It would benefit us.

Chris Jackson was an amazing college player, but his game went dowhill after converting to islam, refusing to stand for the national anthem, dramatic weight loss from fasting, etc...he was Kaepernick before it was "cool."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT