ADVERTISEMENT

***********UK vs KU********** game thread

I just don't understand why we didn't look to Murray more on the offensive end in second half and OT. He was basically a non-factor.

Officiating was horrible last 5 min of game and OT. That being said we were one missed free throw (Ellis) or one score (Ulis TO) away from victory in regulation. OT was going to be tough with out team exhausted, cramping, and fouled out.

On another note, the guys game what they could. Cal didn't bring it, and the officials sucked ass as usual in that barn house.

7-22 3>8.

See you in March kinsaw chicken shits.

I agree with this 100%. But, when Cal sat Murray in OT, and left Briscoe on the floor to drive the ball over and over, we were doomed.

Hack a Shaq all over again.

Briscoe had the right idea tho. He was the only one consistently driving and getting to the line. Problem is he was the wrong guy to get to the line lol.

Tough loss, but we played with heart. I hate to lose, but if you go down, go down fighting. Kansas is a good team and we took them to OT at their place. On a neutral court, I think we beat them.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Anytime a team shoots that many free throws the game ought to be reviewed & referees pay cut for every bogus foul.

The reach in by Frank on ULLIS late that was not called that led to a score hurt bad. As did the rebound by Ullis & then he got raped, KU steals hit's a 3

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
offensive rebounds are what beat us. if they hit their free throws they would have won by 5-8 imo. poythress can't hang with three bigs by himself. he needs more help. this is one game where the shortened shot clock actually hurt us. ulis really did control the game. he had two awfully timed and uncharacteristic turnovers, but the cats were for real tonight and had to fight a quick whistle, a technical, multiple traveling calls never questioned, and a crazy loud environment they won't see the rest of the year. i'd take ulis and our guards in an ncaa situation in a rematch. i think we can play better defensively as far as smarts. but the effort was there tonight. i for one am proud of the boys and i predicted a 79-66 victory.

Briscoe had the right idea tho. He was the only one consistently driving and getting to the line. Problem is he was the wrong guy to get to the line lol.
I agree. Murray should drive more. Briscoe will live at the line if anybody scouts us.

Our bigs have to learn how to play D without fouling.

We are a very good team when our starters are in the game. Guys NEED to stay on the court.

I agree. Murray should drive more. Briscoe will live at the line if anybody scouts us.

Murray just seems like the guy that would rather take jumpers than drive the ball.

So either Murray needs to learn how to drive or Briscoe needs to make free throws.

Kansas is the biggest joke in college sports. Their record, in realistic terms is 15-6, but with the corrupt officiating against OU & UK today. They will be seeded much higher than they should. I have seen BS like this happen for 15 years. It really sucks but proves to intelligent fans why Kansas gets upset so often early in the tournament. They r a paper champion & will always be.

The changing of the defense but also KU turned the ball over 29% of the time in the first half.

We all knew that wasn't gonna happen 2nd half

Second half only turned it over 9%. Obviously made their offense way more efficient. They were already shooting the ball well, rebounding and getting to the line.

I played football in college. I coach high school ball.

I know well enough to understand Cals rep as a floor coach is well deserved.

Go pump on a poker.

That little poker thing has to be first on the list of remarks made by stupid people trying to be clever. Should have worn the helmet.

The Tech free point the 3 travels when the players went to put the ball on the floor and the double dribble all early in the 1st half ended up taking 4 possessions away and giving up a free point came back to haunt us in the end. Stuff like that hurts when you making unforced errors.

Nope I was upset when Self made adjustments and took that approach completely away and yet Cal still tried pounding a square peg in a round hole.

If you haven't noticed yet, he's stubborn to a fault and does not walk on water.

See Wisconsin last year for an even worse and infamous example.

Self's primary "adjustment" was watching the refs hose us in the 2nd half. On a neutral court with an even whistle, there is no doubt we win this game. This loss ain't on Cal, IMHO.

So, at the last minute had to miss the game due to a work conflict ... was able due it some tap dancing, airplane mode and subterfuge to avoid finding out the score until watching just now.

So observations:

1. That's was an amazing college basketball game.
2. I like our team so exponentially more than I did a few weeks ago.
3. Tyler Ulis is a great college basketball player.
4. Wayne Selden is a great college basketball player, but not as good as Tyler Ulis.
5. Derek Willis, while so encouraging, is a foul machine.
6. We have Tyler Ulis.
7. Really proud about the effort tonight. Who knows with this team but they're improving ... and kudos to Cal for that.

ADVERTISEMENT