ADVERTISEMENT

***********UK vs KU********** game thread

I've said it for the last few years but, Cal tries to salt away games by going too conservative at or near the end. He almost lost the Championship in '12 with this same shit. It's what he does fans.

Refs didn't cost us the game guys, we had our chances.

Think back after the Auburn loss, did most of us think we'd be IN a position to win period?

Proud of Cats.

Reactions: Bkocats
Kentucky was not ever going to win this. Officiating took care of it. Total screw job... And I last complained about officiating at Miss St when Sheray and Bobby were getting raped

I can't be too upset. I suspected this would be a loss as soon as I saw the schedule. We fought like hell and had a chance to win. I like our grit. We can beat this team if we see them again in March.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I honestly think I'd rather watch the NBA. To be honest, officiating and corruption make NCAA basketball flat out suck half of the time. This isn't the sport I grew up watching. Hoping Emmert eventually gets his for ruining the sport.

Cal's offense when he gets a lead in a big game. FACT

d86444-1656324696_1_640.jpg
We've been grinding it out on offense from the very start of the game. Were you upset when we were running the shot clock down and winning in the first half?

Blame the TO in-bounding the ball for not winning in regulation. Julius Randle used to do that. Too cool for school. Now, that's the 2nd-3rd time this season. What the flud is it with in-bounding the ball? I've never seen another team in college have that TO. And UK has done in 4-5 times in the last 3 years.

Reactions: Brando Mac
They are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook.

Had to win this on a defensive stand up 1 and couldn't do it or had to hit the final shot tied and didn't get it off.

I am bitterly disappointed right now but once a few days go by I would realize that Kentucky played way better than I thought they would and if not for the million fouls and travel calls Kentucky would have won this game.

I'll bet anyone on this board (uk/ku fans) any amount of money that Kentucky goes deeper in the tournament than Kansas. At home, 4 players foul out and 20 free throws in over time and you squeak out at 6 point win. Haha.

Reactions: Skutt
The #4 team beat the #20 team at home. We had a chance but didn't take advantage of it.

I don't think Cal slowed the offense down guys, I just think KU made the right adjustments and took Ulis out. If Ulis doesn't have room to operate UK is nowhere near as efficient.
Proud of this team though, if this game was played anywhere else UK wins easily.
I can't believe the free throw discrepancy. We really weren't allowed to play defense, once we got into foul trouble we were screwed. KU never got to that point. I'll leave it at that.

I've watched Kansas for years rook other teams with officials. It's worse than Duke. You get totally screwed when you to play there. I knew it was going to happen going into tonight and I even said it on here.

UK was up 8, KU did not score a basket for 9 minutes and somehow took the lead during that time.

That is mind blowing lot crazy.

When you have a guy who shoots 30% from the stripe driving the ball in OT you're screwed.

I'm surprised they didn't just foul him when he crossed half court.

Reactions: new era cat
Refs didn't cost us the game guys, we had our chances.

Think back after the Auburn loss, did most of us think we'd be IN a position to win period?

Proud of Cats.

If we get the chance, we will beat both of those teams on a neutral site in March. Say what you want, but I think that the road and the way the game is called very much has an impact on the outcome.

23-9 fouls three uk bigs fouled out and 45 free throws for Kansas -think that sums it up-
we never got into the bonus, even in OT

That being said - it was NOT officiating' we had our chances to win in regulation
Willis had some open threes that did not drop - several other players missed some should've been gimmes

ADVERTISEMENT