ADVERTISEMENT

UK up to #29 in Kenpom

For what it’s worth, the current Kenpom numbers are almost identical to where the 2020 team was before Covid canceled the tournament. Interesting comparison because many were pretty high on that team come March.

This is true.
Tho that team went on to win it's next 8 games and 9 of the last 10 to finish 15-3 in the SEC.

Are we going to have that kind of run? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Whats nice about a potential win at Kansas.. the next three games for UK are very winable.. Ole Miss is a bottom feeder, home for Florida and home for Arkansas which has struggled.

I wouldn't guarantee a win in any of these yet.. but they should be wins.. and it could mean an 8 game winning streak and likely sitting around 15th in ranking.

yeah looking at the schedule it's kinda favorable in that the tough games are at home. And later on we get teams like UT and Auburn at home as well.

Really the only two games I'd say that are tough away games would be @ UF and @ Arkansas. But Arkansas seems a lot more winnable now than it did a few weeks ago.

Kenpom is predicted 10-8 and a tie for 3rd with a boatload of teams. I still think we probably finish 3rd in the SEC but maybe at 11-7 or 12-6.

This is true.
Tho that team went on to win it's next 8 games and 9 of the last 10 to finish 15-3 in the SEC.

Are we going to have that kind of run? I guess we will have to wait and see.
The current Kenpom numbers are the same as that 2020 team after that run. Definitely seems like this team has the pieces to put together a strong finish to the season.

The current Kenpom numbers are the same as that 2020 team after that run. Definitely seems like this team has the pieces to put together a strong finish to the season.
Committee will look at whole body of work. No one will care when we have a 244th ranked, Q4 loss at home hanging around our neck like an albatross

Certainly.
Tho FWIW, the end result of that season was 29th in Kenpom and a projected 4 seed.

So although people were high on that team, I'm not completely sure that team was competing for a title or even an Elite 8.

I think people were higher on that team based on how we finished the season but even with the big win streak, we didn't move up a whole bunch at the end.

Currently UK has/had 9 games v the KP top 30.

Thats pretty much ridiculous.

Doubt anyone else plays more.

yeah looking at the schedule it's kinda favorable in that the tough games are at home. And later on we get teams like UT and Auburn at home as well.

Really the only two games I'd say that are tough away games would be @ UF and @ Arkansas. But Arkansas seems a lot more winnable now than it did a few weeks ago.

Kenpom is predicted 10-8 and a tie for 3rd with a boatload of teams. I still think we probably finish 3rd in the SEC but maybe at 11-7 or 12-6.
Arkansas could be better by then to, if Smith returns for them.

Currently UK has/had 9 games v the KP top 30. Thats pretty much ridiculous. Doubt anyone else plays more.
Lol - in the KP Top 15 alone, more than half of the teams have more than we do. What are you even talking about?

Bama has 10
Purdue has 10
UConn has 10
Texas has 16
Kansas gas 16
Iowa State has 14
TCU has 12
Baylor has 17
Creighton has 8

Last edited:

We play like we did last night and I don’t see anyone in the sec hanging. Except Bama.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Of the 28 teams ranked higher than #29 UK in KP only 8 have a better 0E/DE/SOS than UKs 22/57/80:

#3 Bama 13/5/4
#4 UCLA 21/4/25
#5 Purdue 4/16/41
#6 UCONN 10/13/24
#9 Texas 12/27/48
#11 UVA 17/25/34
#16 Zona 11/45/29
#20 Indiana 19/43/47

Thats it.

Thus an argument can be made that UK is the 9th best team in America right now.

Lol - in the KP Top 15 alone, more than half of the teams have more than we do. What are you even talking about?

Bama has 10
Purdue has 10
UConn has 10
Texas has 16
Kansas gas 16
Iowa State has 14
TCU has 12
Baylor has 17
Creighton has 8
Why stick Creighton in with 8 or did you mean 18?

Texas AM wins at AP#15 Auburn big yet UK drops a few spots in KP despite the fact we beat the Aggies.
Yet, our Offensive Efficiency jumped to #19.
Weird.

ADVERTISEMENT