ADVERTISEMENT

UK up #13 in RPI

Good sign, unfortunately I think the committee has put a lot less emphasis on RPI.

13 (8 in Pomeroy) should put us in line for a 3 seed. However, I still think that's a longshot.

To the surprise of nobody, Parish has us at #20 in his dopey little poll.

Oddly, since I posted this, it changed to have us at 19. And when I posted earlier the date on that poll was today. Weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike
Our record vs. RPI Top 50 is really the only thing holding us back.

Our record vs. RPI Top 50 is really the only thing holding us back.

We need Florida, South Carolina, and Vandy to all do well in the SEC tournament and get back into or stay in the top 50.

Just think if we hadn't gotten the shaft at ATM. Or let that 21-point lead evaporate at UT. Or fail to show up at Auburn. Or lay an egg at UCLA.......

Reactions: Jazzycat
We need Florida, South Carolina, and Vandy to all do well in the SEC tournament and get back into or stay in the top 50.

It's so goofy, I checked a couple days ago and we had 5 top 50 wins according to Kenpom, 6 according to BPI and Sagarin.

RPI, 3. So the worst measure is holding us back.

Reactions: ganner918
We dont want South Carolina to do too good considering we could possibly play them in the Semis.

Just think if we hadn't gotten the shaft at ATM. Or let that 21-point lead evaporate at UT. Or fail to show up at Auburn. Or lay an egg at UCLA.......

UCLA doesn't bother me. Young team, not really ready for that.

OSU bothers me a bit more, but some of the same.

We are somewhat unlucky that we didn't at least split @KU and @aTm.

I could handle losing either @UT or @Auburn. Losing both hurt.

Way I figure it, we've been a bit unlucky and shot ourselves in the foot some. Reasonably, we should be 25-6 or so and staring down a 2 seed.

The only good luck we've had all year was UL not throwing in a three at the buzzer. Most of our wins have been runaways, while most of our losses were in doubt up until the last couple minutes or less.

We dont want South Carolina to do too good considering we could possibly play them in the Semis.

Aren't you the one who always comes up with crap like we are invincible and didn't you say we wouldn't lose again after like the Kansas gamr...yet you're worried about playing south Carolina. ..wow.. if we can't beat them, then we got problems in the big tourny

I think you missed his point. If USCJr does too well, it would require them to beat UK........They will not.

3 seed resume period.

Looking at it objectively, Utah, West Virginia, and Miami all currently have better resumes than we do, and we, Duke, and Maryland are very very close in contention for the final 3 seed. You can make a case for any of the three right now.

Looking at it objectively, Utah, West Virginia, and Miami all currently have better resumes than we do, and we, Duke, and Maryland are very very close in contention for the final 3 seed. You can make a case for any of the three right now.

Utah's resume is propped up by RPI. Use different metrics, and I'm not sure they look better than us.

Utah's resume is propped up by RPI. Use different metrics, and I'm not sure they look better than us.

Bracket Matrix has updated since my last post. We've moved ahead of Maryland in the average bracket, but Indiana has jumped all the way ahead to a 3, still leaving us behind Duke (I'd disagree, I think we should be ahead of Duke) as the 2nd 4-seed.

Duke a #3? GMAB.

Main reason I say Utah has a better resume is a lack of bad losses. Looking at good wins, we both beat Duke. We beat Louisville, South Carolina, Vandy... they beat Arizona, Cal, Texas Tech. Probably a wash there.

Duke a #3? GMAB.

Well, they're currently still at a 4. We beat them head to head and have a slightly better record (1 game better). They have better wins than we do and fewer bad losses with a higher SOS. If they're a "give me a break" as a 3, so are we. Our resumes are very, very close.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT