ADVERTISEMENT

UK to Visit Jalen Suggs Tomorrow

ralphdaltonfan

All-American
Apr 3, 2002
Ryan James‏@RyanJamesMN 57m57 minutes ago
Kentucky will be in town tomorrow to see 5-star Jalen Suggs of Minnehaha Academy Jalen has led the @RedhawkBBBall to a 23-2 year so far averaging 24.2 points per game

Like the aggressive move with '20 PG's and Suggs has had a monster season. He's capable of reclassifying too--seeing he'll be 18 in Summer but either way-he's very close with a lot of the guys who UK is targeting in recruiting for '20 class. Grew 2 inches over past year and is almost 6'5.

UK will also see his FR teammate 6'6 Prince Aligbe who is a future 5 star player and 7'0 Soph Chet Holmgren who makes is rail thin but extremely skilled/talented. Aligbe would be the kid I'd expect UK to like out of the teammates, but Suggs is very interested in UK and know a lot of kids in MN are looking to break the "He's going to Duke" mold. Tre Hollomon 6'2 FR PG prospect of Cretin Derham Hall openly will tell you he wants to go to Kentucky and know Jalen really likes the Cats as well.

You’ve been touting him for a long time. Looking forward to UK getting serious about him.

Suggs is an elite QB prospect as well. There was some talk he'd make a decision on which sport (If I were to guess, I say he's going to play Basketball) and play one next year. He's old enough he could reclassify he chose, but he's very close with teammates at Minnehaha and they play for a co-op FB team that just won the State Championship. He's visited Alabama and ND for football and been offered by Ohio State when Urban Meyer was in charge, but he's been really waiting for the big bluebloods in basketball to offer. My speculation is if UK beat Duke/UNC to the punch in offering it would carry a lot of weight. Those 3 have held off but actively recruited him. Could be his uncertainty with which sport or want to do both, but know Kansas offered, UCLA offered and all the Big 10 has been involved.

Reactions: Smashcat
I know we've been on Suggs for a long time, but it feels like recently Cal and the staff have turned up the heat on Sharife Cooper.

If we want Suggs and he's staying in '20, it'd be smart to beat Duke to the punch, because they're in heavy for RJ Hampton looking to move up a class and will turn to Suggs once he moves.

Reactions: JC43 and Smashcat
I know we've been on Suggs for a long time, but it feels like recently Cal and the staff have turned up the heat on Sharife Cooper.

If we want Suggs and he's staying in '20, it'd be smart to beat Duke to the punch, because they're in heavy for RJ Hampton looking to move up a class and will turn to Suggs once he moves.

RJ is visiting Kansas for Saturday's game.

Okay, selfish moment. Play second semester next year basketball, but can you redshirt one sport and play second without.

Kansas won't get hammered. You can quote this and save it for a rainy day.
Well Well Cornerbaby good to see you , so is this like the prediction you made about Desousa not be ruled ineligible too ? Maybe you should have let the NCAA in on that, for some strange reason they felt otherwise.

Reactions: JC CATS
Well Well Cornerbaby good to see you , so is this like the prediction you made about Desousa not be ruled ineligible too ? Maybe you should have let the NCAA in on that, for some strange reason they felt otherwise.

I think the longest sentence handed out today was 9 months? Yet, De Sousa gets 24? Do you think that won't get overturned?

Cal slow plays a lot of guys and doesn’t bother telling this board why. Just needs to at least offer the kid.

Cooper is probably the best pure point in the 2020 class, don't think Suggs is feeling Duke too well.. Could see him seriously ending up at Memphis if Kentucky does not offer..

Reactions: GonzoCat90
He’s gonna be a Zag
Ha! He was on an official visit when we destroyed St. Mary’s by like 50 a couple weeks ago with another five-star recruit, Julian Strawther. The kennel club was nuts and was chanting both of their names in unison. We are far and away the front runner for both although Marquette is trying hard to get Strawther.

RJ is visiting Kansas for Saturday's game.
1597.jpg

Ha! He was on an official visit when we destroyed St. Mary’s by like 50 a couple weeks ago with another five-star recruit, Julian Strawther. The kennel club was nuts and was chanting both of their names in unison. We are far and away the front runner for both although Marquette is trying hard to get Strawther.
Awful sure about yourself aren't you ? To be honest you don't know one bit more where Suggs is going than Spy or myself, or anyone else.

Ryan James‏@RyanJamesMN 57m57 minutes ago
Kentucky will be in town tomorrow to see 5-star Jalen Suggs of Minnehaha Academy Jalen has led the @RedhawkBBBall to a 23-2 year so far averaging 24.2 points per game

Like the aggressive move with '20 PG's and Suggs has had a monster season. He's capable of reclassifying too--seeing he'll be 18 in Summer but either way-he's very close with a lot of the guys who UK is targeting in recruiting for '20 class. Grew 2 inches over past year and is almost 6'5.

UK will also see his FR teammate 6'6 Prince Aligbe who is a future 5 star player and 7'0 Soph Chet Holmgren who makes is rail thin but extremely skilled/talented. Aligbe would be the kid I'd expect UK to like out of the teammates, but Suggs is very interested in UK and know a lot of kids in MN are looking to break the "He's going to Duke" mold. Tre Hollomon 6'2 FR PG prospect of Cretin Derham Hall openly will tell you he wants to go to Kentucky and know Jalen really likes the Cats as well.
Just curious where you heard that he is capable of reclassifying? The “insiders” on our board say that that is not even under consideration and that he is a 2020. They also said he’s pretty much a lock to be a zag, but you never know.

You might get Strawther, Duke has been eyeing him pretty hardcore for the 2020 class.. Far as Suggs goes, Kentucky is looking at 3 or 4 gaurds in this class besides him, plus on top who they will being back.. Not really sure who Gonzaga is recruiting or losing, but they are gonna need some things to happen if they hope pull in those players..

Just curious where you heard that he is capable of reclassifying? The “insiders” on our board say that that is not even under consideration and that he is a 2020. They also said he’s pretty much a lock to be a zag, but you never know.

You guys must be new to these 5 star recruitments. A brief UK history lesson on 5 stars that were considered UK locks:

2013 - Shabazz Muhammed

2014 - Andrew Wiggins

2017 - Mo Bamba and Trae Young

2018 - Zion Williamson

2019 - James Wiseman

Shoot I would go to Gonzaga as well, easiest way to the tourney...play some high comp early in the season , focus on OAD schools like pUKe , UK etc..get them before they gelled and win out.
Seriously, what Few has guilt and accomplished is nothing short of amazing...going from a Cinderella to a basketball royalty in less than 20 yrs. Props to him. Everyone says they will flame out...I still think they are final 4 bound . Too Much length, talent, and depth...

You guys must be new to these 5 star recruitments. A brief UK history lesson on 5 stars that were considered UK locks:

2013 - Shabazz Muhammed

2014 - Andrew Wiggins

2018 - Zion Williamson

2019 - James Wiseman
Oh, I agree that’s why I ended my post with “but you never know”. But from everything we’re hearing it looks really good for us.

I am a coach in the Twin Cities, have cordial relationship with family while one of my good friends is very close with family and he's going to be 18 this Spring/Summer. He's dabbled with idea, but he's also very close with HS teammates. He's really wanting to get offers from UK, Duke, and UNC. Those are ones he's been waiting on. He's got a can't lose situation with everyone coveting him in both sports, and has a decision to make, but I'd place heavy bet he's going to end up a basketball player. If he gets offered/recruited hard by the schools above, things will change in a hurry with his recruitment--where he's leaning.

2013 - Shabazz Muhammed

2014 - Andrew Wiggins

2018 - Zion Williamson

2019 - James Wiseman
Well, we all know why we didn't make Zion's final cut. We didn't meet the financial requirements!

ADVERTISEMENT