ADVERTISEMENT

UK to host Youngstown State in 2022.

Can't he afraid of lousiville in any sport. If you can't.beat Louisville forget about doing much in sec.
I am close to that same philosophy. Being just 80 miles apart, UK and UL couldn’t be more different than they are. UK is a land grant university and a charter member of the best conference in the country. UL is an urban commuter school that has been pushed into something bigger by ambitious donors and boosters. UL has used every trick and connivance to work its way from the Missouri Valley Conference to the ACC, but their AD just got booted in disgrace and their athletics department is in a whole lot of trouble. The scandal at UL is still unfolding. Both schools operate under our state university system, but it’s fair to say they are currently moving in opposite directions in terms of stability and national reputations. While acknowledging that UL remains ambitious and dangerous (in more ways than 1), I think the “cheaters never prosper” principle applies here. UK basketball dominance over UL is already at an all time high. With UL’s athletics department under the fecal microscope and Lamar Jackson gone, I think the football side of it will soon go the same direction. The scope of cheating and corruption at UL is astounding. Nobody who understands what has happened there could possibly believe cheating hasn’t extended to football. The so-called “rivalry” isn’t relevant until both schools are playing by the same rules. UK’s destiny is clearly related to the SEC, not to UL.

Reactions: JDHoss
Let me preface this by saying I hate ul as much as the next person but people need to stop with the UL is a commuter school. That was true probably 20 years ago. They have a huge on campus presence now. I live here and I've seen it first-hand over the years. This isn't the 80s anymore.

Reactions: football follies
Let me preface this by saying I hate ul as much as the next person but people need to stop with the UL is a commuter school. That was true probably 20 years ago. They have a huge on campus presence now. I live here and I've seen it first-hand over the years. This isn't the 80s anymore.
UL is an urban commuter school that has grown into something bigger. UK is a land grant university. Those are indisputable facts.

UL is an urban commuter school that has grown into something bigger. UK is a land grant university. Those are indisputable facts.

In 20 + years of the modern series, through several different conferences and a number of coaches, they have consistently kicked our ass in football. Those are indisputable facts as well. And that REALLY hacks me off

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
To be fair, UK hasn't exactly handled FCS opponents easily the last few years (besides the win over the worst FCS program at the time (Austin Peay)). Even this past season we struggled with EKU so I for one am not going to just assume a win over these schools until our team proves otherwise.

What did you expect, did you sleep through the 12 years of abysmal support for the football program, while football's money upgraded everything else?

Fortunately that appears to be over.

Can't he afraid of lousiville in any sport. If you can't.beat Louisville forget about doing much in sec.
Not playing them constantly/incessantly isn't fear, it's wanting something other than drab sameness. Playing LV & 3 non-P5 schools means nothing new & exciting happens. Gets old.

In 20 + years of the modern series, through several different conferences and a number of coaches, they have consistently kicked our ass in football. Those are indisputable facts as well. And that REALLY hacks me off
Me too. It never should have happened

ADVERTISEMENT