ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting UK strength coaches surprised by stir over poster

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
I was able to have a wide-ranging exclusive interview with UK strength coaches Corey Edmond (who rarely does interviews; I think this might make four in about 20 years) and Mark Hill, who arrived from Indiana. Touched on a lot of topics and will have plenty coming out of this.

First up: The poster

I think it's a welcome change to how UK coaches approached recruiting, training, and playing in the past. It's night and day from when you talk to our current staff vs Joker's or even Brooks staff.

The talent is there to win a lot of games. But it's those little things that mean the difference between 7-5 and 9-3. Cats had a legit shot at 9 wins last year. Same this year. Need to do those little things and believe that you can beat any given team.

Poster is a great reminder that we are playing to reach heights UK hasn't seen in decades. That's why they came here, to change things.

As to the cynics, my little grandmaw Mirtle had a saying, "Joke 'em if they can't take a F#@$!"

Reactions: CB3UK
The really, really sad part of the "stir" were the smartass cynical remarks by alleged UK "fans" (which were the majority of the derogatory remarks that I saw on Twitter).

Reactions: KentuckyBlue16
ADVERTISEMENT