ADVERTISEMENT

UK Scrimmage Time Info for 9/22 Weekend

I didn't go. Too much happening this weekend. Besides, I was waiting for the world to end. ;-)

I went Friday and Sunday.
1B continues to be a revolving door, with Combs, Cottam, Collett and Squires.
Becker played 2B for one team and Polcovich for the other.
Trey Dawson and Zeke Lewis played SS for opposite teams along with Thomas Bennett.
Troy Black, Joey Bellini and Luke Heyer played 3B. Luke also played some in LF.
Catcher was shared by Squires, Cottam, Gei, Colton Kessler and Tanner Johnson.
Pompey played mostly in LF but got a few innings in CF. Tanner Johnson and Spencer Harbert also played LF.
CF was mostly Aklinski and Cam Hill. (I think we're going to love Aklinski. Lots of hustle with a high baseball IQ) Ryan Shinn played alot of RF along with JP Bitzenhoffer and Alex Bibb.
Hjelle and Lewis threw 3 innnings each Friday. Daniel Harper and Jimmy Ramsey started the game on Sunday. Austin Keen, Jared Freilich and Carson Coleman threw an inning on each day.

If they started the season today my best guess would be:
LF Pompey
CF Aklinski
RF Shinn
1B Cottam
2B Becker
SS Dawson
3B Black
C Squires

Thanks for the details. You must have a roster with numbers. Are you one of the parents? I couldn't find an up-to-date roster online and was told that the parent's pack had one.

There is so much outfield talent (and overall talent) on this upcoming roster that it is really hard to keep up. I don't know how most of these guys will perform, but their resumes coming in are amazing.

Alinski is going to be hard to unseat in center. Pompey is already established as an outfielder. Then you have one spot to fill with Shinn, Ryan Johnson (who I don't think has been mentioned... anyone got an update on him?), Tanner Johnson, Cam Hill, and apparently Spencer Harbert, who many thought would be a corner outfielder. That doesn't include possible outfielders of freshman Garrett Hastings, freshman Luke Benoit, and JUCO transfer Grant Macciocchi. The great thing about all these guys is that they also all run pretty well, and we have seen that our coaches like to run when they can.

I am pretty happy that it is not my job to decide who gets to play and who sits, but I'm also really happy that we have this problem.

Reactions: Old_Red
There is so much outfield talent (and overall talent) on this upcoming roster that it is really hard to keep up. I don't know how most of these guys will perform, but their resumes coming in are amazing.

Alinski is going to be hard to unseat in center. Pompey is already established as an outfielder. Then you have one spot to fill with Shinn, Ryan Johnson (who I don't think has been mentioned... anyone got an update on him?), Tanner Johnson, Cam Hill, and apparently Spencer Harbert, who many thought would be a corner outfielder. That doesn't include possible outfielders of freshman Garrett Hastings, freshman Luke Benoit, and JUCO transfer Grant Macciocchi. The great thing about all these guys is that they also all run pretty well, and we have seen that our coaches like to run when they can.

I am pretty happy that it is not my job to decide who gets to play and who sits, but I'm also really happy that we have this problem.
I wonder why Pompey is playing LF, when he has been in RF both seasons ?

ADVERTISEMENT