ADVERTISEMENT

UK reached out to Bryan Penn-Johnson

This kid looks very good. A little raw yet but there seems like a lot to work with there. I like that he plays with a little attitude also like when the kid totally wrapped his arms around him while he was in mid air. Made me laugh when he was still joking around with one of his teammates and then just looked up and sank the FT even as he was laughing and joking just as he was getting ready to shoot. Looks like a lot to like in this kid so I hope Cal gives him a good look. I could see him maybe being at UK for two years, "maybe". Thanks for the highlight video Angus!!!!

Reactions: railroadkat_1
per Chris Fisher.

2018 #3 ranked center, #40 overall per 247. 7'0" with a 7'8" wing span.

Never heard of him but he blocks shots, dunks, and keeps the ball high. Lots to like and work with.

Plus the hyphenated last name already makes UK a contender to land him.

If there's a hyphen there's a ticket available to UK.

Reactions: Jazzycat
ORCAT I agree I see a lot of potential. I would say as of now a minimum 2 year player but his upside is untapped!

Exactly what I saw but you said it better. I see raw ability but, with Cal and Payne, we could see a very special player developed. He needs to add a little more weight and muscle which he would do with at least a couple of years at UK. I think it would be fun to see this guy in UK blue and watch him become a huge favorite of BBN.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Reminds me of Cauley-Stein in some ways.

Great wingspan and athleticism. Great energy. A little raw.

WCS ranked about the same as BPJ (around 40).

This kid has a little more offense, though, at the same age.

I hope Cal gets on him. He is probably a multiyear guy. I see him as a backup for his first season, then a starter as a Soph. But who knows? If he keeps progressing, he might be OAD. Definitely has the measurements for it.

I hear this guy can be a difference maker with some of Cal's magic being spread over him. I say take him now and let Cal do the rest. You all know Cal knows best.

Love that 7'8 wing span, would more than likely be a multi year player. He seems to be better than moses brown..

ADVERTISEMENT