ADVERTISEMENT

UK pushing badly for 6’10” 4 star Frank Anselem

Never fear . Never question. Just nod and agree... for bonus points pretend we havent swing and missed at a dozen targeted big men. Ok 6-8 misses. I'm not even sure I care too much . Another guy , another year , next.
Yeah we missed on some bigs life moves on for bonus points don’t cry over something that’s already passed.

Reactions: YaySports
Some here just love to be smartasses.

Yes many have wanted more 4* star multi year guys. But we’re in a spot where we need an instant impact player. If Nick had came back then this kid would be a fine addition.

Of course, y’all know that but just wanna stir the pot anyway.

1. Adding a big body as insurance, a sturdy practice player, and just maybe someone with a lot of upside for next year and beyond? Check.

2. Adding someone who won't scare off a super-stud if one becomes available if/when the one-time transfer rule passes, or if Maker or the kid from Wake Forest or someone else becomes available? Check.

This would be a typically brilliant move by Calipari. I hope it happens.

Some of these posters; SMH. They bitch if we get 5*'s that leave after 1 year, and they bitch if we get a 4* that can be developed over time 'cause he's only a 4 *.

Miserable is right.

tenor.gif

You hear, man UK needs to get more 3-4 players and build the roster. Cal adds Toppin and is looking to add a 4 star that most is at the very least a 3 year player.
Then you hear, "no thanks" , "desperation" , "meh". Just insanity.
It's why folks disregard anything posters like that say, because no matter what Cal does, they're not happy.
Just miserable "fans".

Some here just love to be smartasses.

Yes many have wanted more 4* star multi year guys. But we’re in a spot where we need an instant impact player. If Nick had came back then this kid would be a fine addition.

Of course, y’all know that but just wanna stir the pot anyway.
Cal’s not finished recruiting. There are more bigs available and more to become available via transfer but feel free to continue with your knee jerk reactions.

Some of these posters; SMH. They bitch if we get 5*'s that leave after 1 year, and they bitch if we get a 4* that can be developed over time 'cause he's only a 4 *.

Miserable is right.

Some people like to be negative.

I am generally a positive poster, but sometimes I am skeptical. I think a lot of us are that way.

I am good with this guy, IF he is a 4 year guy, but I wonder if this kid sees himself as a 4 year guy?

Now, if he comes in, plays one year and averages 2-3 points per game and then declares for the draft, then I will be a bit upset.

I just don’t want to be lumped in with the “doom and gloom sky is falling” crowd just because I don’t always pump sunshine.

I truly believe Cal KNOWS this young man won't be our "answer" for the upcoming season, and is recruiting him to bring him along.

We will get a good big man.

Reactions: westerncat
I truly believe Cal KNOWS this young man won't be our "answer" for the upcoming season, and is recruiting him to bring him along.

We will get a good big man.

I agree that we'll get a good one for next year. I just feel bad for Cal as he has to be exhausted. Some sit here all day and bash him while he's out working his butt off. Shameless.

Man this is pitiful its come to this hes not even better than the 2 big men we already have coming in

And that is perfectly fine. He is not looking, nor is Cal wanting him to come be a savior. Everyone knows (except negative uninformed fans) that he is at the very minimum a 2/3 year project and maybe even 4. His own coach said he is a kid that has a lot of talent, very good on defense and very raw on offense, good athlete. But he will take a couple / few years of college to get there.

Why does everyone have to either be a sunshine pumper or a Debbie downer?

I am generally pleased with Cal as a coach, but I don’t think he is without fault.

This COULD be a good move, but right now it looks like a desperate move.

But as I said before, I trust Cal.

I recall hearing the same thing about Herro and Shai
Herro and Shai were near 5 stars. This guy is rated #85, which is about 10 spots lower than Jemarl Baker was. This guy may be good in time, which we'll probably never see, but we need somebody to be good next year. This has become a major problem with our revolving door rosters.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
And that is perfectly fine. He is not looking, nor is Cal wanting him to come be a savior. Everyone knows (except negative uninformed fans) that he is at the very minimum a 2/3 year project and maybe even 4. His own coach said he is a kid that has a lot of talent, very good on defense and very raw on offense, good athlete. But he will take a couple / few years of college to get there.

Agreed.

But only if the player buys into this idea.

It’s hard to trust kids in this day and age in our system to do that when most kids want instant gratification.

I look forward to seeing him as a Junior and Senior, but I wonder if that will happen.

If that makes me negative, so be it.

Reactions: KFuqua
Cal also brought in the number 1 class in 2011 and 2014 great season wasn’t it?
2014 we had a great run in the tournament. But was it worth the shitshow we saw all regular season? I mean if Vanvleet hit that last second three, we lose. That team was extremely frustrating to watch until the very end of the season. 2011 didn't have a great record either and could've easily lost in the first round if not for Knight's last second shot. It seems like we have an extrememly small margin of error with these young teams. Is this the best way to build a team?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'm fine as frogs hair with Cal .. I'm also not got my head so far up his ass to state we didnt get the big we desperately needed . Good grief you cry babies cant take the truth so often . We will be good , just worried the obvious hole that evidently we cant discuss cost us a shot at the FF and or # 9 .

2014 we had a great run in the tournament. But was it worth the shitshow we saw all regular season? I mean if Vanvleet hit that last second three, we lose. That team was extremely frustrating to watch until the very end of the season. 2011 didn't have a great record either and could've easily lost in the first round if not for Knight's last second shot. It seems like we have an extrememly small margin of error with these young teams. Is this the best way to build a team?
Wrong years try going up one more
38-0

ADVERTISEMENT