ADVERTISEMENT

UK Players in the NFL

Rob Gidel

Sophomore
Jan 1, 2010
For info, see CBS alumni tracker link below in this thread.
This post was edited on 9/10 12:47 PM by Rob Gidel

Add their grad year from UK to name, that's my fav. part. UK is kicking it.
smile.gif

Thanks for the list, Rob. Good idea to pin it to the top so it can be updated.

Also interesting that all the players are from the 07 team and later, looks like we are just starting football. That is almost literally true.

Originally posted by 2bunnies:
Add their grad year from UK to name, that's my fav. part. UK is kicking it.
smile.gif

Let me know how I did on the years. I hurried through it, so if it needs corrections, let me know. The redshirt years come together sometimes.

Reactions: aissabekov-monthly
Excellent work Rob.

Prospective recruits should view this as strong evidence that playing in the SEC gives you the best chance to develop as a player and make it to the next level. There is no substitute for playing against the best players in the nation week in and week out and the coaches at Kentucky are among the best at player development.

Reactions: BARRYBLUE1
Originally posted by jauk11:

Also interesting that all the players are from the 07 team and later, looks like we are just starting football. That is almost literally true.

Uhhhh, Glenn Pakulak? '98 baby!
smilie1.gif

Originally posted by jauk11:

Our 7-5 team from 2002 had a lot of NFL players. Hopefully the younger boys will stay longer in the NFL than those guys. Man, without probation that 2002 team was really special.

I read on another board that John Conner has signed a 4 year contract with the Jets for $1.9 Million. Congratulations, and best of luck, John. You deserve it.

I read on another forum that Sam Maxwell signed a free agent contract with the Saints!! What great news about another Wildcat favorite !!

Add former UK walk-on (72-75) as a former Wildcat in the NFL as a Head Linesman # 5 who also officiated Super Bowl XLIV in Miami ( Colts-Saints )

Originally posted by nfl120:
Add former UK walk-on (72-75) as a former Wildcat in the NFL as a Head Linesman # 5 who also officiated Super Bowl XLIV in Miami ( Colts-Saints )

Got a name for me??

Justin Jeffries and Micah Johnson have been released, sadly enough.

Originally posted by UKGrad87:
I read on another board that John Conner has signed a 4 year contract with the Jets for $1.9 Million. Congratulations, and best of luck, John. You deserve it.
I look forward to watching Hardknocks this year because of "the terminator"... Best of luck to him!

Reactions: Littlefeller
Originally posted by LAUK:
Justin Jeffries and Micah Johnson have been released, sadly enough.

It is reported that Micah is trying to get on with the Dolphins now.

My apologies for not being on top of things sportswise lately - but I looked at the 'Skins depth chart, then their roster, and did not see J Jarmon. Did he get cut or traded? Last I heard he had been making a name for himself with them.

Originally posted by doithead:
My apologies for not being on top of things sportswise lately - but I looked at the 'Skins depth chart, then their roster, and did not see J Jarmon. Did he get cut or traded? Last I heard he had been making a name for himself with them.
He's on the roster #90. He's also listed as 3rd team DE on the depth chart. He got a lot of PT last season before his season got cut short by a knee injury (according to the redskins player profile) Sustained a knee injury at Philadelphia (11/29) and was placed on Injured Reserve on November 30, 2009.

This post was edited on 8/15 11:00 PM by LouievileKat

Johnny Williams was picked up by the Broncos, and in last nights game had 5 tackles. Wesley Woodyard had 4. I hope the Broncos will keep Johnny, and think there is an excellent chance for him. I believe they lost their top linebacker with an injury that will put him out for most, if not all, the year.
Micah Johnson is, indeed, with the Dolphins and made several tackles in their last pre season game.
Best of luck to these guys, and all the other 13 former Wildcats now in the NFL.

same difference but masthay is a Punter for the Packers rather than kicker. He figures to make the team but we'll see come 6 est

Originally posted by maysvilleky:
I don't see Pakulak on the Redskins roster. Has he been cut?

He was picked up by San Diego, but they cut him yesterday.

Read on the Eagles forum that Lindley had a really good camp. Fans seemed pleasantly surprised.

Be really cool if someone would post the weekly stats for the lazy like me. Just saying. You would get crazy board cred if you post it on the reg.

Johnson was cut from the dolphins but then resigned to the practice squad after playing in their first game

ADVERTISEMENT