ADVERTISEMENT

UK MMB is holding a televised pro day

Fuck No GIF by Law & Order

Reactions: NociHTTP
Their goals should be banners. You get kids in here thinking about NBA, then it's just me, me, me. Chucking it up from 3.
That never going to happen. Unrealistic to think it ever will. The nba isn’t what it was 30-40 years ago, these kids grow up from 5-8 and dream of the NBA or a career in basketball. What you are asking would be like asking a college student in an internship not to worry about their future career and only worry about the internship.

Now they should definitely have the desire to hang banners while they are here, but absolutely nothing wrong with preparing them for the next level and helping them achieve their dreams. That’s what college is for……

We have a team FULL of veterans who mostly only have 1 year of eligibility left, it’s a GREAT idea to let them work out in front of NBA scouts.

We hated the Pro Day under Cal because we had a team full of freshmen with one foot out the door before they stepped on campus.

Our current team mostly HAVE TO leave after the season, let them get some feedback from scouts prior to the season.

Welp, not a fan of this. Players auditioning for the NBA before the season even tips off. How do you square the conflict of midsets, coach? You're projecting two different things before the season even starts. Do this crap AFTER the season. Being worried about an in-season injury and not being able to have a pro day looks like you're prioritizing the NBA.

...and we were off to such a great marriage. Guess the honeymoon is already over.

That never going to happen. Unrealistic to think it ever will. The nba isn’t what it was 30-40 years ago, these kids grow up from 5-8 and dream of the NBA or a career in basketball. What you are asking would be like asking a college student in an internship not to worry about their future career and only worry about the internship.

Now they should definitely have the desire to hang banners while they are here, but absolutely nothing wrong with preparing them for the next level and helping them achieve their dreams. That’s what college is for……
No, it's not what "college is for". College is for getting an education, with the hopes that the obtained education will lead one to greater opportunities, for most it would be to prosper doing something they trained for. The key is EDUCATION. College is not there to prepare them for the NBA, or to help students with their NBA dreams. That thinking needs to go away, yesterday!

• Angry
Reactions: Blueblood4life2024
We have a team FULL of veterans who mostly only have 1 year of eligibility left, it’s a GREAT idea to let them work out in front of NBA scouts.

We hated the Pro Day under Cal because we had a team full of freshmen with one foot out the door before they stepped on campus.

Our current team mostly HAVE TO leave after the season, let them get some feedback from scouts prior to the season.
As long as that's the only reason this "pro day" is happening, but for many here that's NOT what it's hopefully for. I hope CMP stands by his word to make this all about UK and championships.

Last edited:
Reactions: SemperFiCat
No, it's not what "college is for". College is for getting an education, with the hopes that the obtained education will lead one to greater opportunities, for most it would be to prosper doing something they trained for. The key is EDUCATION. College is not there to prepare them for the NBA, or to help students with their NBA dreams. That thinking needs to go away, yesterday!

What did you go to college for sir?

Reactions: Zissou87

So, you didn't go to college to go pro in your chosen career? Bizarre take. Last i checked you didn't get paid 100k a year to stay in college forever.

I'm fine with the pro date thing. I didn't watch under Cal and won't watch under Pope. No harm for the players though.

Mine is Keion Brooks being ruled out, with a leg injury. And then throwing down windmills at pro day.
My favorite was Shady Sharpe saying he was coming early to learn and maybe play second half of the season.. only to have a giant splinter in his arse all year and then bolting. Acting like he didn’t know he would do that.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT