ADVERTISEMENT

UK listed as a 4-point favorite over Arkansas

It's gone from an open of -3.0 to now -5.5. I don't gamble (just hold 'em with the fellas), but I do look at lines up until the game. I predict this one will hold at -5.5 and then drop back to -4.5 or -5.0 due to some last minute bet to Arkansas to beat the spread or win.

It's gone from an open of -3.0 to now -5.5. I don't gamble (just hold 'em with the fellas), but I do look at lines up until the game. I predict this one will hold at -5.5 and then drop back to -4.5 or -5.0 due to some last minute bet to Arkansas to beat the spread or win.
I’m almost positive that the early line from yesterday is not the official line. I don’t think the actual Vegas line is set until the day of the game.

Arkansas plays just 5 guys big minutes in Black, Davis, Council, Walsh, and Mitchell. They only bring Graham and the other Mitchell kid in for bench minutes mostly. Their three bigs will be all over Oscar. If they go with the main 4, then I suspect Walsh will have to guard Toppin. Hopefully he can take advantage.

Arkansas still has three players who are potential first round picks, even with the injuries, they are a super dangerous team. The positive is the Mitchell brothers are not the kind of players that give Oscar a lot of trouble and they get in really bad foul trouble.

Arkansas still has three players who are potential first round picks, even with the injuries, they are a super dangerous team. The positive is the Mitchell brothers are not the kind of players that give Oscar a lot of trouble and they get in really bad foul trouble.

Two of the three are injured.

I never saw Brazille projected 1st, but all the others yes at point or another lol. They prob had the most talented team in country pre injuries!
Nah. Texas absolutely destroyed them at full strength in a pre-season exhibition game.

If I weren't biased I might take Arkansas getting 5.5 points. That said, I hope UK treats them the same way Miami treated Dook last night. 😉

Reactions: TheDude73
If Oscar can be at least somewhat serviceable as a defender against the pick and roll we should be okay, although based on how he's looked recently that's still a lot to ask of him. I admittedly haven't watched Arkansas too much but looking at their stats they don't seem to be a great shooting team which means they're probably gonna go 10-for-16 from three tonight since they're playing us. I'm positive about how we'll play tonight but this will definitely be a challenge.

Arkansas plays just 5 guys big minutes in Black, Davis, Council, Walsh, and Mitchell. They only bring Graham and the other Mitchell kid in for bench minutes mostly. Their three bigs will be all over Oscar. If they go with the main 4, then I suspect Walsh will have to guard Toppin. Hopefully he can take advantage.
What I read was that AR biggest weakness is their depth. It said that three of their starters played 40 minutes last game against SC. Their guards Davis and Council crash the boards hard. Their chance to beat us lies in the fact that they play harder and more physical than us. They are either motivated better before game time or they just want to win more than their opponent. Their losses are not from lack of intensity and effort. So if we can at least match that intensity and effort and shoot the ball at least decent our depth could win out. It looks like we should drive it hard and into the defenders to get them in foul trouble early and often since they have little depth.

ADVERTISEMENT