ADVERTISEMENT

UK leader for Brooks

I will say this. Hearing that UK “leads” for someone has been misleading in very recent history (Lewis, Stewart, Tchiebwe). Doesn’t seem to mean much at the moment. I’ll get excited when guys actually commit.

And not to start a MJ/TJ hate debate, but TJ Walker will lose some credibility with me if Carey doesn’t come here. He acted like once we offered Tchiebwe we’d get him which was wrong. Now saying he thinks we’ll end up with Carey unless he’s convinced otherwise on another visit........okay lol. I will start to question why MJ is paying him to be another Matt Scott from the Shiver (hey I think we’re getting so and so, and then don’t).

Last edited:
I'm a little tired of the Carey/Wiseman drama. Lets look elsewhere. There are guys, if not as well known, will be just as good and maybe better after they get here.
Not trying to pile on, but this is a really unfounded criticism. I'd love to know where they are going too, but neither have even completed their official visits. The drama only exists to get website hits and because we seek it out. At least they are both likely to decide early at this point.

What recruiting guys? Evan Daniels has UK picked for Wiseman and Evans says UK is in it for Carey as well.
You're talking about one guy but majority of them do not have us in it. Well let me rephrase that, they have us leading while they're on their official and by the time they get home we're not in the game anymore. It's no big deal just funny that people make money doing that for a living when all you have to do is the research yourself and kinda get a feel what for where they stand.

You're talking about one guy but majority of them do not have us in it. Well let me rephrase that, they have us leading while they're on their official and by the time they get home we're not in the game anymore. It's no big deal just funny that people make money doing that for a living when all you have to do is the research yourself and kinda get a feel what for where they stand.
Ok who are we getting?

Reactions: DTDcatfan and awf
Why in the world would a wing player go to UK when they’ve already got 2 wings committed for next year? I’ll take this bet any day.

Duke has three elite wing players on their team right now. I'm not sure we get Brooks but that's not why we wouldn't.

I stated two guys. Daniels and Evans. They're two of the best in the business btw.

I love these internet tough guys. They gonna be tough to a lady. (On the internet) I can see it now. Sitting at a key board and probably has a mask on. Yeah the internet antifa. They be some seriously tough mugs... (I better watch it, I may get mugged...) Chickenschmidt...

Sucks for IU, who sucks.
Meh....Losing Brooks would sting. But TJD isn't a bad consolation prize. With that being said, this comment by Brooks gives "hope":

Brooks had this to say when asked about where the idea of staying in-state ranks in his thought process:

It’s at the front of my mind. Why go somewhere when I can do it at home? You know I’ve always been intrigued by Indiana just because it’s where I grew up and where I’ve always been, so, just the thought that I could wear Indiana across my chest and be a star for them is something special”.

Plus it doesn't hurt that his father played for Ed Schilling either.

Time will tell.

Reactions: gracetoyou
I will say this. Hearing that UK “leads” for someone has been misleading in very recent history (Lewis, Stewart, Tchiebwe). Doesn’t seem to mean much at the moment. I’ll get excited when guys actually commit.

And not to start a MJ/TJ hate debate, but TJ Walker will lose some credibility with me if Carey doesn’t come here. He acted like once we offered Tchiebwe we’d get him which was wrong. Now saying he thinks we’ll end up with Carey unless he’s convinced otherwise on another visit........okay lol. I will start to question why MJ is paying him to be another Matt Scott from the Shiver (hey I think we’re getting so and so, and then don’t).

When did TJ Walker ever have recruiting credibility? The guy has nothing. Good comparison to Matt at the shiver because he's turned into the exact same thing. Say we're getting so and so, claim it for 7 guys, hope to land 1 right.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Brooks at UK.

If you're going to double up at a position, the best way to do it in the modern game is with versatile wing forwards. If you sign multiple big guys, it's highly likely that you're going to struggle to play them at the same time. If you sign multiple PG's, unless all of them are proficient shooters, you're going to struggle to make it work.

But if you sign a bunch of guys in the 6'6"-6'9" range with versatile offensive and defensive skills, it's pretty easy to make it work. Players like that can defend multiple positions, and aren't really relegated to only doing certain things on offense.

And this is NOT and endorsement of Duke, BTW (because you still need a lot around your wing players to be a viable contender). I just think it's better to sign 3 small forwards and try and make it work than it is to sign two 7 footers and try and make one of them play forward. Or sign 2 PG's and have to play 1 of them off the ball despite the fact that he's not a good shooter.

Last edited:
This fanbase will have an epic meltdown if/when UK doesn't land Oscar T., K. Brooks, J. Wiseman, McDaniels, or V. Carey. At one point, fans were convinced Cal was landing Scottie Lewis, and I. Stewart, as well.

Oh no- can you imagine if we never get another recruit and all of our players blow out their knees and Coach Cal goes to coach UCLA???

Piss off, Ramel.

When did TJ Walker ever have recruiting credibility? The guy has nothing. Good comparison to Matt at the shiver because he's turned into the exact same thing. Say we're getting so and so, claim it for 7 guys, hope to land 1 right.
TJ maybe a nice guy and all but how the hell did he land the recruiting gig for ksr is beyond me. It's like he sometimes goes out of his way to avoid talking about it and the info he gives out is stuff you can find yourself from days earlier

Tired of hearing “UK LEADS FOR ...” it never works out. Just stop. I’m not listening to how we lead for Wiseman, Carey, Brooks, etc. it’s all bogus. Let the kids decide and commit to wherever they want then we will see who led.

Meh....Losing Brooks would sting. But TJD isn't a bad consolation prize. With that being said, this comment by Brooks gives "hope":

Brooks had this to say when asked about where the idea of staying in-state ranks in his thought process:

It’s at the front of my mind. Why go somewhere when I can do it at home? You know I’ve always been intrigued by Indiana just because it’s where I grew up and where I’ve always been, so, just the thought that I could wear Indiana across my chest and be a star for them is something special”.

Plus it doesn't hurt that his father played for Ed Schilling either.

Time will tell.

Ed schilling is actually a good name to come to UK as a assistant sometime since he has ties to cal

TJ maybe a nice guy and all but how the hell did he land the recruiting gig for ksr is beyond me. It's like he sometimes goes out of his way to avoid talking about it and the info he gives out is stuff you can find yourself from days earlier

That just shows you KSR doesn't have anything national and took whatever they could find.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT