ADVERTISEMENT

UK leader for Brooks

ukhoops1

Junior
Oct 18, 2012
ESPN recruiting expert predicts UK.

Borzello did have some good news for Kentucky fans, however. He predicted that forward Keion Brooks will be a Wildcat. Brooks is the No. 33 player in the 2019 class, and Kentucky has been recruiting him for quite some time.

Brooks is in Lexington this weekend, and Borzello believes they are the leader based on what he is hearing.

“They have quietly been picking up momentum over the last few weeks, and might have edged ahead of Indiana heading into Brooks’ official visit,” Borzello wrote.

Some doubted that Brooks would still consider Kentucky after they received commitments from Kahlil Whitney and Dontaie Allen. But with a pitch of constant competition and positionless basketball, Coach Cal seems to be making an impression on the Indiana native.

Told ya Indiana was going to have a fight on there hands with Brooks, why they are so nervous about this visit.. He would play the four in a PJ Washington type of role, completely different than Allen and Whitney..

Reactions: DTDcatfan
Keion Brooks prediction: Kentucky
Confidence level: 35 percent
Others in the mix: Indiana, Michigan State, UCLA, North Carolina

All of his other predictions are basically a toss up. WIseman is the only one with 52% confidence level that he will pick Memphis. I don't think he really knows where Brooks is going.

Reactions: Cindog28
UK isn't in the top three for Carey just like they was not in the top three for Zion Williamson or Bamba. We know why now but some folks keep saying that UK is right in there. Lol

Huh? I don't think we land Carey but we are for sure in the top 3 . Hell I would bet top 2 .

I'm a little tired of the Carey/Wiseman drama. Lets look elsewhere. There are guys, if not as well known, will be just as good and maybe better after they get here.

I like how someone quickly runs in here to change the narrative to Carey, brings up something they pulled out of their ass and then disappears because apparently this topic was way too positive for them.

Although the salt from IU fans would be at peak levels if Brooks comes here.

I'm a little tired of the Carey/Wiseman drama. Lets look elsewhere. There are guys, if not as well known, will be just as good and maybe better after they get here.

Not me. They're worth the wait and worth the drama.

Back in '95, I would have waited for Cindy Crawford over the cute gal in school, even if it meant I had to wait four extra months and deal with a thousand instances of drama. Heck, I'd have waited 20 years if it meant procuring those sweet childbearing hips.

MJhvdy.gif
kYEOLh.gif

Reactions: TysonD44
Being fair to Jace ... all of you would also of swore we were in the top 2-3 for Barrett, Reddish, and Zion also........... and then it comes out we werent after the kid made his announcement.

Barrett had UK in his final 3, with Oregon and Duke.

Reddish liked UK and kept them in his final list all along.

Zion's a different story.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The only drama associated with them is the drama that you've made in your head. Your other comment is laughably ridiculous as well. There are no better options than those two, and UK is sitting well with them both.

I'm just saying after some of these guys make their choice and do interviews they let it known that UK was nowhere to be found. Not that I care because Cal most times than not gets who he needs to make the team atleast a contender. In the end that's all we can hope for. I've followed recruiting enough to know that it's a dirty rumor filled game but it's fun to follow as long as you do not take everything you hear serious.

I would think Cal is scouring the fields both domestic and foreign for several more guys that we haven’t heard of. I wouldn’t give up on Carey or Wiseman but he needs at least two if not three bigs this season. Looks like we are going to try to make up for bigs with a lot of small forward types. No question the top tiered guys are getting massive favors that Cal refuses to give. Kys name is always used by these recruits to garner more attention but money speaks louder than a schools tradition. At Duke and KU it is becoming clearer that they offer both. Cal has his work cut out for him but if any one can overcome the cheating and bias, he can.

I would think Cal is scouring the fields both domestic and foreign for several more guys that we haven’t heard of. I wouldn’t give up on Carey or Wiseman but he needs at least two if not three bigs this season. Looks like we are going to try to make up for bigs with a lot of small forward types. No question the top tiered guys are getting massive favors that Cal refuses to give. Kys name is always used by these recruits to garner more attention but money speaks louder than a schools tradition. At Duke and KU it is becoming clearer that they offer both. Cal has his work cut out for him but if any one can overcome the cheating and bias, he can.
Even if he does miss out on Wiseman and Carey, there’s a possibility that one of Richards/Montgomery comes back, then you could add a solid grad transfer like Travis and have two very good players in the post next year. I’m not worried, cause it always works out in the end.

Reactions: awf
I'm just saying after some of these guys make their choice and do interviews they let it known that UK was nowhere to be found. Not that I care because Cal most times than not gets who he needs to make the team atleast a contender. In the end that's all we can hope for. I've followed recruiting enough to know that it's a dirty rumor filled game but it's fun to follow as long as you do not take everything you hear serious.

Remember the whole Oscar T is ours if we want him and offer? Exactly why you cant just believe all the good news that comes out. If you follow recruiting closely enough... You'll know who we are actually in a good spot for or not.......... with the one exception being Knox.

Not saying Nike doesn't throw UK a bone but when you are going against the big money Adidas is throwing around and I'm sure nasty rumors they are spewing to get future clients, I would hate to be Cal going against that. That's why he gets the big money. Btw I don't feel sorry for Cal just hate to have to go against that.

You're right, I'm just a dumbass poster who follows UK. But the recruiting guys that do this for a living are saying we are not in the top three so there you go.I hope I'm wrong but we will see.

Just come back at z71 for the 300 trillion times he's been wrong and left the board for a period of time then comes back hoping we forgot how much of a fraud he is

i am not sure what drama you are talking about
i have not seen where the kids are creating any drama
fans on the other hand.....................:rolleyes:

Every time a player visits UK the recruiting guys all start saying UK leads, if they are making predictions based on that then thay are doing a crappy job. Jmo

Every time a player visits UK the recruiting guys all start saying UK leads, if they are making predictions based on that then thay are doing a crappy job. Jmo

They create more buzz than is actually out there. All these kids are coached what to say by their handlers. The bottom line has become not about playing time or positionless basketball but rather what can you give me in addition to starting and putting up shots? Study their parents/ handlers and you'll, have a pretty good chance figuring out where the kids end up.

Reactions: jace2012
I'm good with Brooks as our stretch 4.

If we get him and Carey at the 5, then we are in business. Maxey, Whitney, and Brooks around Carey would be one tough offense to handle. Shooters around a dominant big man. Yes, please!

ESPN recruiting expert predicts UK.

Borzello did have some good news for Kentucky fans, however. He predicted that forward Keion Brooks will be a Wildcat. Brooks is the No. 33 player in the 2019 class, and Kentucky has been recruiting him for quite some time.

Brooks is in Lexington this weekend, and Borzello believes they are the leader based on what he is hearing.

“They have quietly been picking up momentum over the last few weeks, and might have edged ahead of Indiana heading into Brooks’ official visit,” Borzello wrote.

Some doubted that Brooks would still consider Kentucky after they received commitments from Kahlil Whitney and Dontaie Allen. But with a pitch of constant competition and positionless basketball, Coach Cal seems to be making an impression on the Indiana native.

Why in the world would a wing player go to UK when they’ve already got 2 wings committed for next year? I’ll take this bet any day.

Reactions: jace2012
You're right, I'm just a dumbass poster who follows UK. But the recruiting guys that do this for a living are saying we are not in the top three so there you go.I hope I'm wrong but we will see.

What recruiting expert has claimed that UK is not in the top three for Wiseman and Carey?

ADVERTISEMENT