ADVERTISEMENT

UK has the look of an 8-9 seed

I mean like 50 bucks. Just have a feeling we will find a way to go 4-2 in those games.
giphy.gif

Reactions: crpoore
I've never understood why it's acceptable with how much we pay Cal to be an 8 seed or hope to be a 6 seed or higher going into the tournament. Regardless if we made a run last time we were an 8 or not, we should not be putting our hopes on making a miraculous run in the tournament every year. We have been hoping for a run with Cal more times than we have been one of the teams favored to win it all. We should be the 1-2 seed team more than we are "no one would want to see us in their bracket" low seed team that's hoping to get through the tournament on upsets. If no one cares about the regular season, then why have it? It wasn't acceptable when Tubby had us being an 8 seed in the tournament and it shouldn't be with Cal. An 8 seed for a blue blood program like ours is embarrassing. If I saw other teams like Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc constantly getting lower seeds I would think they were having major problems.

The whole thing with freshmen not fighting or under performing because their young is getting old too. Every year we say this and yet there are other top freshmen in the country performing great and not making anywhere near the mistakes or having lack of effort that our guys do. They are on scholarship to play basketball, they shouId be held to higher standards. If someone is on an academic scholarship and fail a couple classes freshman year, they dont get a pass for being young. They are held to higher standards and expected to keep a certain GPA. I have loved Kentucky basketball for all 32 yeae of my life and still do but I will not sugar coat and never will anything with any team of ours. I am not one of those people that think a loss is great or think it doesn't matter if our team is 3-27 (being sarcastic) but say if we win the SECT lookout for us in March. We have a guy getting payed more than anyone else in college basketball to basically scrap by and get in the tournament and basically gamble on whether they can go deep or not.

Titles only matter for some and seeding only matters to you?

Since when was a UK coach paid based upon tournament seeding?

I'd venture to guess that Cal is paid on the following:

5 Regular Season Conference Championships in 8 years.
5 Regular Conference Tournament Championships in 8 years.
5 Elite Eights in 8 years.
4 Final Fours in 8 years.
1 Title in 8 years.

And if you would have attempted just a little research I'd guess you wouldn't have made this post, as @Roe07 pointed out...

Cal's Seeding at UK
#1 Seed 3 times
#2 Seed 1 time
#4 Seed 2 times
#8 Seed 1 time.

6 out of 7 years we were a top 4 seed. Most fanbases would take those seeds in an 8 year span, and EVERY AD would.

Just a poor effort on your part with this post, I'm sure you will do better next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I agree
Hate to be pessimistic, but the fact is that this team is regressing.
I think coach/player relationship has suffered.
Such a bad take. They have been without their PG for the last 3 games. Of course it looks like they are regressing. Actually Knox and Richards had pretty good games last night. When Brad Calipari is your first backup guard off the bench things aren’t going to smoothly. Get Quade back and JV more time to get acclimated and then we can see how this team looks. I am impressed they won the games they did when Quade was out. This was bound to happen sooner or later on the road.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
We are not gonna lose every remaining road game. We won't win them all but no way we lose them all either. .500 or better most likely.

I project 6 seed if they were handing them out today.

Last year we were a 4 seed 4 weeks before Selection Sunday and moved to a 2.......though last year we had higher talent and never lost another game I don't see that happening this year.

Really need to win at West Virginia if we have any hopes of getting a protected seed (top 4)

"Tubby’s teams, we all knew there wasn’t a chance in hell they were going to make a tournament run. We had teams full of upperclassmen who were MAC level players at best"

As usual the dishonest bashing of the Tubster. As though it has any relation to the current UK team which if it makes the Sweet 16 may have overachieved.

Still hope tho with JV maybe making a difference.

Reactions: brianpoe
Very similar to 2014. This group doesn't have a Randle type...thought Knox might be that guy but he's not.

Not sure the Cats get another road win. I can see 21-12 or 22-10 heading into the NCAA. Just not seeing enough skill (let alone experience) to have a high ceiling.

Question is with everyone healthy can they make a run like the 2014 team?
We shall see. I like our chances healthy. But am less concerned about seeding than getting a bad ref.

10 losses and I’m not sure we’re any seed. We have zero signature wins. Our best is over an unranked UL team at home. Cal needs to get this fixed and I’m not exactly encouraged by his recent comments.

This team has no business being in the tournament. Zero. They don’t care about winning. Some are just doing their time.

This team has no business being in the tournament. Zero. They don’t care about winning. Some are just doing their time.

How much dumb we gonna get from you tonight kodak?

Answer these for me and I'll get off your back...

1. How do you know what each player cares about?

2. Name 65 teams more deserving than our bunch.

We're supposed to be the best fans in college basketball yet far too often we sure give up on them way too easily. The season is only about halfway done...a lot can happen.

Why do you cheer for Kentucky then? Take a break until Cal leaves. Genuinely. You seem absolutely miserable. There’s posters on this board who are pretty terrible but at least you can tell they’re fans and love Kentucky. 100% - literally - of your posts are negative. Not just like Debbie downer negative but miserable life negative or agenda/ another team fan negative.

You’re like the Rupp Rafters Eeyore.

Reactions: kev69
Very similar to 2014. This group doesn't have a Randle type...thought Knox might be that guy but he's not.

Not sure the Cats get another road win. I can see 21-12 or 22-10 heading into the NCAA. Just not seeing enough skill (let alone experience) to have a high ceiling.

If your prediction comes true, does that mean you will not come on here and complain and whine about the team? You expect and predict this will happen so you shouldn't be upset when it does correct?

With JV, and green back, tai doesnt really do much but with a healthy team, no way we lose double digits. I see 7 loses now and that means a good year. Last year we went 32-6. This year, 31-7.

Christ. I'm so tired of seeing the "this team isn't any good." How often was that said last year? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think teams that aren't any good make the Elite 8 and came up a bucket short of making the Final Four to the eventual National Champion.

I don't think this team is a Final Four contender but to dismiss them so easy is shortsighted. The lost to USCjr was frustrating but if I told UK fans you would go 2-1 without your starting PG and 2 games being on the road, you take that all day long. hell, But no, let's continue our hissie fits for the 2nd straight year.

tenor.gif

Some say seeding doesn't matter. Seeding matters you play tougher teams sure we went to the title game as an 8 seed once but more often then not you end up losing earlier because of a poor seed. 2016 had to play Indiana in the 2nd round and lost when we were a 5 seed. Most years we don't have to worry about it but we have had to a few times lately.

Also it is more enjoyable to win games during the year these losses not only make you a worse seed your worse in the SEC tournament seeding means tougher games to get to the final and the season just isn't as fun.

Such is life though not every year can be 2012 or 2015. 2014 had a great run but a sour ending but that team had loads of talent I don't see the high level talent on this year's club to make that kind of run to beat a #1 seed in the 2nd round like we did in 2014.

Really thought we would beat Florida at home though anyway but they just are not playing good ball. Turnovers are killing this team.

Next year don't look much better to win a championship when Duke has the top 3 ranked players coming in.

Titles only matter for some and seeding only matters to you?

Since when was a UK coach paid based upon tournament seeding?

I'd venture to guess that Cal is paid on the following:

5 Regular Season Conference Championships in 8 years.
5 Regular Conference Tournament Championships in 8 years.
5 Elite Eights in 8 years.
4 Final Fours in 8 years.
1 Title in 8 years.

And if you would have attempted just a little research I'd guess you wouldn't have made this post, as @Roe07 pointed out...

Cal's Seeding at UK
#1 Seed 3 times
#2 Seed 1 time
#4 Seed 2 times
#8 Seed 1 time.

6 out of 7 years we were a top 4 seed. Most fanbases would take those seeds in an 8 year span, and EVERY AD would.

Just a poor effort on your part with this post, I'm sure you will do better next time.

Actually I know what seed we've been every year. I don't consider a 4 seed all that great, I'm sorry. The 8 seed was bad and the NIT appearance was embarrassing. And you can cry out " In 2013 we lost Nerlens or we would have made it", but that team was still painful to watch when Nerlens was healthy. They were decent defensively but had no offense. Wiltjer was slow, Harrow was terrible and Goodwin was frustrating. I'm not saying seeding only matters but its a lot more enjoyable when the team is decent all year long as opposed to trying to make runs in March after the regular season has been subpar. Plus its also a lot easier of a path when you have a 2 or a 1 seed. I will never use 2011 or 2014 as a beacon of hope because those teams had some players that none of these current guys could hold a candle to and they were both miracle runs. I'm not a teacher or someone who likes to witness growth, so seeing these "kids" blossom is not enough of a satisfaction for me. I'm a realist and will never sugar coat anything. If I think my team sucks, I'll say it. Its better to prepare for the worst and just hope the best happens than to just put all my chips on this team making a run cause its happen before in the past. If we were down 31 points in the second half on a team, I wouldn't expect us to comeback just because its happened before.

Reactions: brianpoe
He doesn't know what they care about. He knows what they don't. It's called 40 minutes of caring. 65 teams more deserving? Just wait a few more weeks and you can answer that for yourself.

Pull a post from a month ago...?

There’s no way we should be an 8 or 9 seed. We’re not that good. I’m just hoping we get in.

No way. That team had heart. This team has none. This team isn’t nearly as talented as that team was. If we get in, and get past the 1st 2 games, it’ll be a mini miracle. If something doesn’t change soon, we won’t get it.

ADVERTISEMENT