ADVERTISEMENT

UK Going to Jordan Brand?

I am all for it.

Would be huge with recruits, like him or not, Jordan brand is like the Lexus to Nike's Toyota. Same thing but much more cool factor.

Also, could mean and end to checkerboards!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve always liked the styling on UNCs Jordan Brand unis. Nothing tacky like Adidas does, very classic.

Plus, Jordan Brand arguably has the best shoes.

I think this is just a one-off though. I bet these are the unis we wear in the Bahamas. Remember it was Jordan Brand that did he Calipari Pack special edition shoes too.

I will go gay before I wear anything with Jordan on it.

Will not even allow my son to wear Jordan's. My dad didn't let me wear Jordan's.

Yes they look way better than anything else.
Like just say you are gay or actually in practice?

I’ve always liked the styling on UNCs Jordan Brand unis. Nothing tacky like Adidas does, very classic.

Plus, Jordan Brand arguably has the best shoes.

I think this is just a one-off though. I bet these are the unis we wear in the Bahamas. Remember it was Jordan Brand that did he Calipari Pack special edition shoes too.
JB shoes are not the best performance wise. Great gear.

Have a feeling all these "Cavs fans" around here who have been giving me chit for the last couple years may be buying up those Laker jerseys.

It's the only thing I like about the GS era. I hate Curry, Green, Thompson, especially Durant, especially Kerr.....well I guess I hate them all.....

But watching the Lakers crash and burn with Magic funny Johnson is great. They go out and get LeBron at the end of his career only to lose to a team in state. I can deal with that

I think Magic Johnson is the biggest phony in the NBA. Anything to make him look like a jackass I'm all foe

Cal is getting heavy again. Putting weight on in the wrong spot. That pot belly is going to stress his body a lot.

I am all for it.

Would be huge with recruits, like him or not, Jordan brand is like the Lexus to Nike's Toyota. Same thing but much more cool factor.

I get what you’re saying but Nike Elite : dri fit or just Nike gear in general can be just as expensive as the Jordan brand stuff.

I am all for it.

Terrible comparison. Nike is much bigger than Jordan brand in terms of sales.

Nike is a Ferrari and Jordan Brand is a Corvette.

No your comparison is terrible.

Ferrari has nothing to do with Corvette. Lexus is the luxury division of its parent Toyota. Jordan is the luxury division of its parent Nike.

No your comparison is terrible.

Ferrari has nothing to do with Corvette. Lexus is the luxury division of its parent Toyota. Jordan is the luxury division of its parent Nike.

That’s the thing though.., Jordan brand really isn’t a “luxary “ brand to Nike....

A brand new pair of Nike / Elite/ Dri Fit shorts are comparable in price to a pair of Jordan Shorts.

Nike also outsells Jordan brand by a wide margin.

Both are comparable in price on 99% of their items

That’s the thing though.., Jordan brand really isn’t a “luxary “ brand to Nike....

A brand new pair of Nike / Elite/ Dri Fit shorts are comparable in price to a pair of Jordan Shorts.

True, but the Jordan shoes are exclusive and that is what peeks demand. Every year, the Jordan brand releases rare sneakers and only supplies a certain amount to each store. Nike could charge more for the shoes but if there’s a market out there of people paying $190 for a pair of Air Jordans and then turning around and selling them for a $500 profit, that makes the $190 retail price for the non-limited edition look much more reasonable.

This helps the mass market of shoes that Nike sells and boosts the bottom line. Air Jordan and Jordan Brands are luxury and helps the whole company in the process.

Let’s just stop. It’s Nike either way and if it means getting rid of those hideous checkers so be it.

I understand what you're saying but Jordan is still the more exclusive brand. Whereas Nike covers a broader spectrum. Yes they have the luxury side but you can also get a $50 pair of Nikes.

Nike isn't Kia by any means but Kia makes a $40k-50k vehicle that's considered luxury but nobody cares Bc it's still a Kia.

That said, I'd still prefer to keep Nike on the jersey especially for the other sports. But having the option to buy UK JB gear and an alternate jersey here or there would be cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
From TJ Beisner on KSR
  • Beisner said UK is NOT switching from Nike to Jordan Brand. The practice jerseys were a one time deal and they were immediately available. Those are temporary practice jerseys and it was a “technical” issue.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
From TJ Beisner on KSR
  • Beisner said UK is NOT switching from Nike to Jordan Brand. The practice jerseys were a one time deal and they were immediately available. Those are temporary practice jerseys and it was a “technical” issue.

Party-Pooper....thread-killer....vermin spawn....

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
ADVERTISEMENT