ADVERTISEMENT

UK football could be poised to climb in 247Sports team rankings

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky. — The Kentucky football program could be on the verge of climbing over 20 spots in the 247Sports.com team rankings by the end of the upcoming weekend. Three big decisions are set to take place on Friday and Saturday, and Kentucky could come out with all three.

If all three prospects pick Kentucky, it would climb from No. 33 in the national rankings to No. 12. There's still a long way until signing day but it would signal that the Wildcats are off to another strong start in recruiting. Head coach Mark Stoops said on Saturday that he expects the 2022 class to end up as one of the best in his tenure.

"Big picture recruiting, I think when all is said and done, it’ll be one of the best years we’ve had,” Stoops said. “I feel very good about where we’re going and some of the guy’s we have in place."

If we can hold on and ink these dudes and I'm sure a couple more will be added.

This class could be one that does amazing things and shocks the SEC on our side of the conference and in national rankings and a bump in higher quality bowl games.

Reactions: UKvisitor
But it is funny how some our recruits fall in the rankings when we look like the destination for them much like Tisdale who was one of the top players in the country and fell all the way to a 5.6. He comes in here and immediately performs as a freshman and looks like he should have been ranked higher than he was initially

But it is funny how some our recruits fall in the rankings when we look like the destination for them much like Tisdale who was one of the top players in the country and fell all the way to a 5.6. He comes in here and immediately performs as a freshman and looks like he should have been ranked higher than he was initially
My feelings about Rivals and their National guys mirror's @jauk11 's feelings on Mitch Barnhart before Stoops.

UK Rivals guys are the tits. Rest of them suck. There, I said it.

rivals typically ranks us higher than of what the other services do
Maybe so but what Rivals did to Sam Anaele a couple of years ago was downright criminal. Dropped the guy 101 places even tho the guy's season ended 6 weeks prior was outrageous. WTF did the guy do in that 6 week window of no play to warrant that kind drop? Answer is nothing. I think it was done to elevate schools who have more money paying subscribers than UK, can't have UK finishing ahead of the money schools.

My feelings about Rivals and their National guys mirror's @jauk11 's feelings on Mitch Barnhart before Stoops.

UK Rivals guys are the tits. Rest of them suck. There, I said it.

What?

How did that get out, who told you how i felt about the football support------until the TWO two win seasons and losing 20,000 season ticket holders. Guess I gotta be more careful. The real miracle was the flood of money from the OTHER SEC football programs.

Reactions: UKat1
Why don't you like Barnhart?
Come on, no one wants to hear about the FULL DECADE where NOTHING extra was done for the football program while it was emerging as the MONEY COW. There was NOTHING above the bare minimum done for football from 2002 until the TWO consecutive TWO win seasons AND the loss of 20,000 season ticket holders.

You do know that BB with the BEST of everything had recruiting budgets for a roster of less than one sixth footballs players much higher than footballs, with other budgets the same imbalance. While football with terrible support cleared over $18M in 2010 to BB clearing a little over $5M. You do know where the $40M PLUS a year the SEC is sending out now comes from don't you? Here is a clue, it isn't from basketball.

The TWO horrible football season AND losing 20,000 season ticket holders AND their donations was entirely unnecessary.

Come on, no one wants to hear about the FULL DECADE where NOTHING extra was done for the football program while it was emerging as the MONEY COW. There was NOTHING above the bare minimum done for football from 2002 until the TWO consecutive TWO win seasons AND the loss of 20,000 season ticket holders.

You do know that BB with the BEST of everything had recruiting budgets for a roster of less than one sixth footballs players much higher than footballs, with other budgets the same imbalance. While football with terrible support cleared over $18M in 2010 to BB clearing a little over $5M. You do know where the $40M PLUS a year the SEC is sending out now comes from don't you? Here is a clue, it isn't from basketball.

The TWO horrible football season AND losing 20,000 season ticket holders AND their donations was entirely unnecessary.

But 2002 was almost 20 years ago.

Why don't you like Barnhart?

I suppose you thought it was fine to have NO significant improvements for football from 2002 until the STRIKE? L
But 2002 was almost 20 years ago.

It wasn't twenty years ago that we lost 20,000 season ticket holders AND had consecutive TWO win seasons, BOTH wins OoC nobodies. If it wasn't for the OTHER SEC football programs causing TV to throw hundreds of millions at us we would be hurting for all our other sports programs.

Please, i don't have that much time to waste.

I suppose you thought it was fine to have NO significant improvements for football from 2002 until the STRIKE? L

It wasn't twenty years ago that we lost 20,000 season ticket holders AND had consecutive TWO win seasons, BOTH wins OoC nobodies. If it wasn't for the OTHER SEC football programs causing TV to throw hundreds of millions at us we would be hurting for all our other sports programs.

You spat the same shit constantly so apparently you do have time to waste.

You spat the same shit constantly so apparently you do have time to waste.
He asked ME a question, would be rude to not reply. Why don't you argue with ANY of my FACTS? Why not take the challenge to name ONE thing above the necessary done for UK football from the time that our AD took over UNTIL the STRIKE.

Reactions: jdgilbys5
He asked ME a question, would be rude to not reply. Why don't you argue with ANY of my FACTS? Why not take the challenge to name ONE thing above the necessary done for UK football from the time that our AD took over UNTIL the STRIKE.
I’m just sick of reading it. It’s all you post. We get it. Everyone gets it. Put a fork in that dead horse.

Reactions: law1127 and bratboy
I’m just sick of reading it. It’s all you post. We get it. Everyone gets it. Put a fork in that dead horse.
Pretty simple, if you don't like my posts don't read them.

Meanwhile how about TRYING to argue with the FACTS in them?

Well what's your issue then?

Well what's your issue then?
My issue is losing 20,000 season ticket holders, most never to return. Plus their donations, for the most part. Yeah, SOME of them have been replaced since Stoops VOLUNTEERED and the SEC MONEY COW started throwing money at us so that is not a problem now, but the hero worship of mitch is just insane. I am truly grateful for the OTHER SEC ADs that DID invest in the money cow.

We have TWO money makers, football AND basketball, he delayed Cal coming here while he hired the drunk without proper vetting with a contract on a scrap of paper, and don't try to tell me that Stoops didn't fall in his lap, he campaigned for the job with a PLAN and the RECRUITER to make it get off the ground. Because it WAS below ground when Stoops took over, TWO wins his first season also, even after adding the most four stars since our NINETY SECOND class in 2002, which had THREE recruits above a two star..

Tired of trying to educate those that don't want to be educated, bye.

Then why do you keep reading them, sounds dumb to me. BUT that is not all i post by a long shot, big supporter of Stoops from day one.
Cause I’m not a snowflake that “ignores” people. You are right, do what you do bro. I’m not the board police.

Got damn, another Bama player drafted? Jesus.

My issue is losing 20,000 season ticket holders, most never to return. Plus their donations, for the most part. Yeah, SOME of them have been replaced since Stoops VOLUNTEERED and the SEC MONEY COW started throwing money at us so that is not a problem now, but the hero worship of mitch is just insane. I am truly grateful for the OTHER SEC ADs that DID invest in the money cow.

We have TWO money makers, football AND basketball, he delayed Cal coming here while he hired the drunk without proper vetting with a contract on a scrap of paper, and don't try to tell me that Stoops didn't fall in his lap, he campaigned for the job with a PLAN and the RECRUITER to make it get off the ground. Because it WAS below ground when Stoops took over, TWO wins his first season also, even after adding the most four stars since our NINETY SECOND class in 2002, which had THREE recruits above a two star..

Tired of trying to educate those that don't want to be educated, bye.

I think you're wrong, he's a great man and great leader. I can't wait until he runs for governor. It sounded weird until I read his platform. I'll donate $20 to his campaign. He may not be perfect but he'll make a pretty good governor.

Last edited:
I think you're wrong, he's a great man and great leader. I can't wait until he runs for governor. It sounded weird until I read his platform. I'll donate $20 to his campaign. He may not be perfect but he'll make a pretty good governor.
He is already a hell of a politician.

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse

And went from averaging 69k fans a game being top 25 in attendance for 5 straight years, to downsizing the stadium by 8,000 seats (because we lost those 20k season tic fans) because the AD and Admin were happy with winning 6 games/season and taking FB money to fund their sacred cow of basketball.

Reactions: jauk11
And went from averaging 69k fans a game being top 25 in attendance for 5 straight years, to downsizing the stadium by 8,000 seats (because we lost those 20k season tic fans) because the AD and Admin were happy with winning 6 games/season and taking FB money to fund their sacred cow of basketball.
Pretty much how it happened.

late or not, Barnhart has done more for UK football ,than all the other AD’s in UK football history! And I go back to 1953,when Bryant was the coach.
LOL, definitely about ten years late, witness the TWO two win seasons AND losing all those season ticket holders. Sure, he is throwing all that money from the OTHER SEC football programs around like crazy, what would you have done with the football fan base in rebellion and losing ticket sales AND donations like crazy?

Football wasn't THE money cow like it is until recently, some ADs saw it coming.

Whether late or not, Barnhart has done more for UK football ,than all the other AD’s in UK football history! And I go back to 1953,when Bryant was the coach.
Good grief, any one of us on here could've done more for football than all other AD's combined.....that's not a very good comparison since none of them did anything for football.

Mitch did nothing for it until football donors and season tic holders and devout football fans had enough of the bull and microwave comments that they boycotted the program to voice their displeasure. Many of those good paying hardcore football fans may never be recovered.

ADVERTISEMENT