ADVERTISEMENT

UK fishing trip

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
You get to pick five UK basketball figures, dead or alive, to go on an all-day fishing trip with you. What five would you pick?

I'd go Mr. Wildcat, Cawood Ledford, John Calipari, Joe B. Hall and Tubby.

I thought this was going to be about a trip we're all going on... you let me down, OP.

Since I like to fish when I go fishing I'm picking people I think I don't have to babysit. Cal seems like he would be to high strung to sit in a boat with all day.

1) Joe B Hall
2) Derek Willis
3) Richie Farmer
4) Deron Feldhaus
5) As a guest I would invite Denny Crum

You get to pick five UK basketball figures, dead or alive, to go on an all-day fishing trip with you. What five would you pick?

That sounds like the most boring fishing trip ever. I like people who like to get wild as hell.

I'd pick all of the female cheerleaders for basketball. I would pick Cawood, Bear Bryant, Cal and Rupp. Man we would have a great time with those cheerleaders. I would be a little worried about Cawood hogging all the good looking girls.

Bill Keightley
Cawood Ledford
Adolph Rupp
Billy Clyde
Muff Miller

Last edited:
Darnell Dodson
Alex Legion
Rashaad Carruth
Lukasz Obrzut
Desmond Allison

.... could you imagine the stories. lol

Darnell Dodson
Alex Legion
Rashaad Carruth
Lukasz Obrzut
Desmond Allison

.... could you imagine the stories. lol

What story would Lukasz tell? I get the others. Maybe throw in Adam Chiles or Rekailin Sims.

The only reason any of you would leave Coach Rupp off your boat is because you're too young to remember him. He was both charming and ornery at the same time. Plus (imho) he was the best storyteller of all our coaches (and that's saying a lot).

Reactions: JDHoss and 78Gooses
The look on Coach Rupp's face when I show him Willie's slam vs the Gators on my iPhone would be priceless.

Reactions: uky8unc5
The look on Coach Rupp's face when I show him Willie's slam vs the Gators on my iPhone would be priceless.
I really, really like that! I had the privilege of being around Coach Rupp and his wife a couple of times. My uncle/aunt were best friends with them, so (once) we visited his farm in Bourbon Co. He was a charmer off the court.

Reactions: 78Gooses
Okay, in all honesty I would pick the five hottest UK female fans. I'm just asking who would you pick for the stories and conversations you would get to listen to. Joe B is a good story teller AND he could help you with your fishing.

No Billy G? He could've brought the cooler of beer. No way he's gonna mess that job up.

You mean an oil tanker's worth of moonshine. The methanol, makes you go blind kind. Unfortunately, he'd probably hit on Jeanine, and then throw a tantrum when she turns him down.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
You mean an oil tanker's worth of moonshine. The methanol, makes you go blind kind. Unfortunately, he'd probably hit on Jeanine, and then throw a tantrum when she turns him down.

Couldn't see him fishing anyway lol...when I used to work at St Joes in Lex, id see him across the street almost daily going in Backyard Burgers (not sure it's still there) to eat and he looked like the kind of guy that would have to get someone else to take the fish off the hook for him. You know, the kind of man that pleats his shorts (which he did) and ish like that.

Reactions: d2atTech

Dominique Hawkins, Joe B. Hall, Jack "Goose" Givens, Alex Poythress, and Darius Miller.

Subs would be Cal and Jeff Sheppard if I'm allowed a 7-man rotation. Otherwise, I'm happy with my motley crew.

I think your thread was a great idea. Wish I had thought of it. Combined two of my favorite things, although I don't fish often. Earlier I floated down the Cumberland with Tony, Dom, Jorts, Walter and Mr. K. We were all smiles. And it was all between my ears. Thanks for the thread.

Reactions: TIE543
What if you got a player from all five of our last coaches (except Billy G)? Jon Hood, Chuck Hayes, Deron Feldhaus, Kenny Walker and Goose Givens? You could hear "oh yeah, well listen to what MY coach did" stories all day.

1. Jeff Sheppard
2. Joe Hall
3. Woo
4. Rupp
5. Mr. Wildcat

I'm flying with the "two to a boat" tournament style bass fishing setup, but fishing close to each other where we can all talk.

Boat one: Pitino and Coach Cal. Can you imagine the verbal jabs back and forth one would hear all day.!!! It would only get better as the day went on. Ha

Boat two: Coach Rupp and Bill Keightley. Gonna get a history lesson with these two and hear some very interesting stories. And I'm sure Coach Rupp would lob a few jabs in boat one's direction.

Boat three: Myself and Ashley Judd. Self Explanatory.

Reactions: 78Gooses
I'm flying with the "two to a boat" tournament style bass fishing setup, but fishing close to each other where we can all talk.

Boat one: Pitino and Coach Cal. Can you imagine the verbal jabs back and forth one would hear all day.!!! It would only get better as the day went on. Ha

Boat two: Coach Rupp and Bill Keightley. Gonna get a history lesson with these two and hear some very interesting stories. And I'm sure Coach Rupp would lob a few jabs in boat one's direction.

Boat three: Myself and Ashley Judd. Self Explanatory.

I hope your going to drown her .. JK , but if I'm playing " make a wish " on a female to fish with it sure wouldnt be her !

ADVERTISEMENT