ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans who are upset with Diallo are selfish and crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whassup BP, hey, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but I do have one question:
Do you know for certain what Cal expected or expects? There is so much coach speak when he talks about this situation (I'm not calling him a liar, coach speak is a must, I would do the same), but I really haven't seen much in the line of comments from Cal about it, other than interviews where his remarks are more of a joking response.

Truth is, I don't think any of us really know what the initial agreement was or what the plan is now.

My stance, I want the kid to play for UK, afterall, I am a fan of UK and not draft picks. I don't even watch the draft or very many NBA games.

But also, again, if this was happening at UNC***, KU or duke, we would be trashing them, but since Cal is okay with it, apparently we are supposed to be.

If we disagree with it I guess it means we are selfish or are crybabies. I don't get that.

I disagree completely that we would be trashing UNC, Duke, or KU. I know I wouldn't.

I would be hoping Diallo was leaving if he played for one of those schools. But there's nothing to trash here, imo.

Cal has a proven record of doing right by the kids while keeping in mind the welfare of the UK program. To me, that appears to result in him figuring out how to take best advantage of any situation that arises where those two goals appear to conflict.

It may not be immediately apparent how getting five players drafted was beneficial to UK (best day in UK history is hyperbole and meant to make a point) but in hindsight, seven years down the line, most should know that we got a bunch of talented players through the years as a result of that night.

Same thing will happen from Diallo regardless of his decision; it will re-affirm Cal's commitment to doing what's best for the kid and the result will be that recruits can listen to Cal then look at his track and trust him like they can no other coach.

Every situation is fluid, I think Cal and Diallo spoke in generalities but had a rough plan dependant on what happened during the semester and at the combine. Sounds pretty obvious that he goes if its high enough to make sense financially which would be the logical thing to do.

For me, I don't think anyone who disagrees is necessarily selfish or a crybaby but it does concern me that negative comments are highlighted by haters and given more attention nationally than they should. That's the nature of the beast when you're the top dog tho.

I realize this is a discussion board and without differences of opinions it would be very quiet around here but I guess I don't get all the angst about things that are clearly out of people's control and about which they have limited info. Maybe with a new coach you are unfamiliar with but even now, seven years in with Cal?!

He's not perfect, he'll make mistakes like we all do in life. I just trust him to figure it out and believe he's earned that trust. Not worth stressing out about something I can't control.
I realize you are responding to a request I made to Brian and you did a good job responding with your opinion, but it didn't answer the question.

The truth is, we don't know what deal was made between Cal and HD and we don't really know what the plan is right now.

To me, it seems like Cal told HD to go through the process and let them tell you what you need to do in your one season at UK. Cal wants him to hear it from someone other than Cal. But that's my take on what I THINK might be going on.

So many people are posting in absolutes, like they were in the room and they KNOW what was said between Cal and HD. Nobody on this board knows and that's the truth.

Secondly, you said you don't get the angst about something that is out of our control. Well, that's an easy one to explain. Your opinion is that as long as Cal is okay with it, you're okay with it and I'm fine with that. I'm not going to call you a Cal worshipper or say that cal's testicles are on your chin. But I shouldn't be called selfish because I think it's bs for a kid to come here for one semester and bolt like this is some NBA factory and UK doesn't matter. I don't like the look (I realize there are people on here that think using "a bad look" is lame, but again, that's their opinion) and I think it's a poor decision.

Now, I am not in the group that is upset with HD because he didn't play last season. That would not have ended well for him or the team. He was not even a freshman and he was 8 months behind everyone else, he would have been a disruption at best.

I felt that he came here to get a head start on next season and I really liked that. I only hope that's still the plan.

I disagree completely that we would be trashing UNC, Duke, or KU. I know I wouldn't.

I would be hoping Diallo was leaving if he played for one of those schools. But there's nothing to trash here, imo.
You must be new here if you think most of this board (I didn't say you) wouldn't be trashing those schools if this was happening there. Heck, there would be 10 threads, minimum, on it and several have openly admitted that they support it because it's UK, but would be trashing those other programs if they did it.

this thread won't end, unless it gets locked,
this thread won't end, unless it gets locked, because there won't be any changing of opinions on the matter
but the arguments will continue; there has been some really good points on both side and some really interesting reading

Who was the player who ended up at Tennessee, I think, that we could have gotten halfway through the season if we had had a scholarship available? I remember a big long discussion about how Cal shouldn't have used up all his scholarships and we should be ready to accept a high level player halfway through the season.

I couldn't agree more. You're always the voice of reason on touchy topics. Opinions on this are 50-50 and I agree that it will stay that way. Feel free to argue all day long but I know how I feel about this and it's different than about 50% of the other posts. I'll be glad when this saga ends. I just want to win #9, have a clean program that does things the right way, with players that care about UK, the BBN, and I don't care if they're freshmen or fifth year seniors.

I agree with this. We can't miss something we never had. I too focus now on Bamba to complete our team. What ever Diallo does will be his decision and how I feel about it makes no difference. Why worry about something one can not control. There are other players out there who can make us a championship team. Maybe they can not jump as high or have arms as long, but there is more to being a basketball player than that. So like ukbob, I am leaving him alone and moving on.
I think, in this case, we certainly can miss something we never had. We all would love to have a player with his size, athleticism (40"+ vertical, damn) and skill set. The kid would be amazing next season at UK.

Also, I don't think anyone is worrying about something they can't control, I think everyone is just voicing their opinions about it.

You must be new here if you think most of this board (I didn't say you) wouldn't be trashing those schools if this was happening there. Heck, there would be 10 threads, minimum, on it and several have openly admitted that they support it because it's UK, but would be trashing those other programs if they did it.

I haven't seen several admit to that. Maybe you could name names and tag them?

Exactly. Nothing new at all. Love getting the recruits but hate when Cal talks about all he is into now is changing lives. He is not paid by the NBA, he is not paid to get kids to the draft. He is paid to win championships for the University of Kentucky. I don't want him to lie to a kid to get him to stay but just like Bam said that he told him to leave and he is border line first round. It is not going to change and it is what it is.

"Love getting the recruits but hate when Cal talks about all he is into now is changing lives. He is not paid by the NBA, he is not paid to get kids to the draft. He is paid to win championships for the University of Kentucky."

Did you just start paying attention after all of these years?

10 year olds now understand why Cal says what he says and does what he does.

Let me type it real sloooow:

What Cal says during the draft process or in the summer has ZERO negative bearing on UK winning championships, in fact just the opposite. Elite kids are paying attention this time of the year. But you hate it?

Cal tries to win championships by getting the best players.

Cal says he cares about these kids first and goes out of his way to sho it. These "elite" players like this and come to UK and try to win championships.

Cal's way has been one of the 2 most successful runs in UK history in 60 years. But you hate the words Cal uses that results in us signing the best players to win all of these games....

Of course Cal told Bam to go to the combine, not sure if he would tell someone like Bam to get an agent so early without being guaranteed lottery.

Reactions: 78Gooses and Aike
Whassup BP, hey, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but I do have one question:
Do you know for certain what Cal expected or expects? There is so much coach speak when he talks about this situation (I'm not calling him a liar, coach speak is a must, I would do the same), but I really haven't seen much in the line of comments from Cal about it, other than interviews where his remarks are more of a joking response.

Truth is, I don't think any of us really know what the initial agreement was or what the plan is now.

My stance, I want the kid to play for UK, afterall, I am a fan of UK and not draft picks. I don't even watch the draft or very many NBA games.

But also, again, if this was happening at UNC***, KU or duke, we would be trashing them, but since Cal is okay with it, apparently we are supposed to be.

If we disagree with it I guess it means we are selfish or are crybabies. I don't get that.

I think it is pretty obvious what the deal was with Diallo from the very beginning since Cal, HD and his former coaches all said the same thing. Now whether Diallo had any intention of sticking with the plan is something we wont know until he makes a decision.

All the evidence is before us. We are all selfish and want the kid to play. Posters that create their own narrative ignoring all the data we have is silly.

Reactions: Dablueman and Aike
I realize you are responding to a request I made to Brian and you did a good job responding with your opinion, but it didn't answer the question.

The truth is, we don't know what deal was made between Cal and HD and we don't really know what the plan is right now.

To me, it seems like Cal told HD to go through the process and let them tell you what you need to do in your one season at UK. Cal wants him to hear it from someone other than Cal. But that's my take on what I THINK might be going on.

So many people are posting in absolutes, like they were in the room and they KNOW what was said between Cal and HD. Nobody on this board knows and that's the truth.

Secondly, you said you don't get the angst about something that is out of our control. Well, that's an easy one to explain. Your opinion is that as long as Cal is okay with it, you're okay with it and I'm fine with that. I'm not going to call you a Cal worshipper or say that cal's testicles are on your chin. But I shouldn't be called selfish because I think it's bs for a kid to come here for one semester and bolt like this is some NBA factory and UK doesn't matter. I don't like the look (I realize there are people on here that think using "a bad look" is lame, but again, that's their opinion) and I think it's a poor decision.

Now, I am not in the group that is upset with HD because he didn't play last season. That would not have ended well for him or the team. He was not even a freshman and he was 8 months behind everyone else, he would have been a disruption at best.

I felt that he came here to get a head start on next season and I really liked that. I only hope that's still the plan.

Just as you shouldn't be called selfish (which I never did), I shouldn't be called a Cal teabag receptacle.

We both have our opinion and are entitled to them. I don't agree with every decision Cal makes but me bitching about it on a public forum does more harm than good for what part of the program I can control: what I say about it publicly.

To me it's a worse look having a bunch of fans second guessing a player and coaches when they don't have any real information than this situation (mid season transfer that may go pro without playing) that presents itself currently but will most likely never present itself again.

Reactions: 78Gooses

Don't have to be in the know to see what is provided:

Cal, HD and his coaches all said he was coming early to get a jump on next season at UK.

I agree he was very raw when he arrived, I do however believe he coud have eventually contributed by season's end but both HD and Cal told us the situation.

Everyone knew he was eligible and would get evaluated at the combine.

The chances were very slim he would be evaluated high enough (Top 15-20) that he would go this year - and as of today that is still true (at least for most guaranteed lottery players willing to wait a season).

Cal was not recruiting a bevy of SG's until season's end.

Plenty of data here to understand the situation.

The only variable to me is whether Diallo is willing to leave without a guaranteed relatively high pick, which would be surprising (or was) - but Cal has a backup plan it appears.

I'm still shocked the kid could play well below expectations in front of many scouts versus high schoolers, stop playing high school games soon thereafter, not play at UK, not play at the combine, not be a projected Top 5 draft pick next season, yet a team will still draft him because he can jump high....?

Here is EJ Floreal as a freshman... he should have declared back then. Imagine how many scholarships we would have had over the next few years...

Reactions: kyjeff1 and Aike
Two more thoughts on this:

Some are saying that this has poor optics and will attract a negative spin in the media,while others say no it hasn't and the mainstream media doesn't see it as a negative.I think the truth is we don't know yet,like us the media is waiting to see what happens.I think if he stays in the draft some of the media will say UK = NBA farm team or UK= AA NBA basketball team.How many jump on that bandwagon remains to be seen.The media will wait till it is a done deal to decide how they want to spin this one.The NCAA could weigh in on this,probably nothing more than issuing a brief statement to let everyone know they took notice.Some negative blowback is a given,how much remains to be seen.

As to Cal's role in this,some have said he wouldn't have waited till the last minute to recruit a 2 guard if he had known that Diallo was planning to be gone.I think he did just that to protect the plan.Smith, Baker and maybe even Johnson(in view of Cal's stated position on grad transfers) would not have made UK's or Cal's radar if not for Diallo's intent.It is possible Cal had to bide his time and take a chance on who was left,he could afford to do this because it's UK and he is Cal.

I have no proof what Cal knew or didn't know, but as far as Cal "lying" about it, I don't see it as necessarily lying ( in a negative sense) if he knew that Diallo would leave. Cal attracts so many players because he has a record of securing their interest first. He's also a salesman, which is why I love Cal but never interpret the words coming out of his mouth as gospel. That sounds harsh to some, to me it makes sense. I enjoy Calipari, but as a fan and admirer of the program, I understand what this relationship is.

Cal will mislead if he feels a recruit wants or needs that. He will play along if he feels he has a good reason to. That's my opinion through my experience following him, and listening to people that've known / followed him for a long time. I put nothing past him when it comes to that.

I always believed that with Cal there's some kind of end game where it's about himself and winning. The last 2 or 3 years, I've really questioned that in ways unlike before. Maybe it's years of coach speak finally getting to me, or maybe Cal is different.

I use the word "lying" on purpose in this case.

You and I know Cal has no issue with misdirecting the fanbase, rivals or the media.

However, I seriously doubt that Cal is going to recruit a kid at a position of extreme need knowing he will not play and not recruit others until the very end of the season.

Doesnt make sense. Cal was very forthright in stating how HD would be a leader and much more ready next season at UK, if people think Cal knew all along HD was leaving then they must assume Cal was lying.

Doesnt make sense - HD was signed and committed, why would Cal say such things knowing he has to recruit the position because HD is leaving? That would be dumb.

The only logical scenario is that Cal thought Diallo had a very slim chance, if any, that the kid would receive any high guarantees or that HD would settle on very late/2nd round money.

Not coach speak... could very well have been player speak if Diallo leaves for a low slot.

Some are saying that this has poor optics and will attract a negative spin in the media,while others say no it hasn't and the mainstream media doesn't see it as a negative.I think the truth is we don't know yet,like us the media is waiting to see what happens.I think if he stays in the draft some of the media will say UK = NBA farm team or UK= AA NBA basketball team.How many jump on that bandwagon remains to be seen.The media will wait till it is a done deal to decide how they want to spin this one.The NCAA could weigh in on this,probably nothing more than issuing a brief statement to let everyone know they took notice.Some negative blowback is a given,how much remains to be seen.

As to Cal's role in this,some have said he wouldn't have waited till the last minute to recruit a 2 guard if he had known that Diallo was planning to be gone.I think he did just that to protect the plan.Smith, Baker and maybe even Johnson(in view of Cal's stated position on grad transfers) would not have made UK's or Cal's radar if not for Diallo's intent.It is possible Cal had to bide his time and take a chance on who was left,he could afford to do this because it's UK and he is Cal.

There will always be negative spin put out by the media, as long as consumers are around to lap it up.

Just a few days ago, Gary Parrish put out an anti-UK, pro-UNC piece. He only had to wait through 4 UK Final Fours and National Title, and ignore the epic scandal on Chapel Hill, to write his article with a straight face.

We all remember Pat Forde and the bed that Cal had to lie in - 22 months after Cal won a Title, and a few weeks before his team played for another one.

There will always be negative spin by media trolls, even when things are going great.

So if Diallo goes pro, there will be some negativity. If he stays and underperforms, there will be negativity. If he stays and plays great, we will get more revisionist history about what might have been if he played in 2017.

But by and large, on a national basis, this story is a footnote. Trolls are going to troll, and some UK fans are going to freak out. The sun will come up tomorrow, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

We are already considered an NBA farm team. Elite kids seem to like that. That is all that maters, not what Forde and Goodman think.

Not sure what you mean by "I think he did just that to protect the plan"?

The plan being Diallo was definitley leaving from day one and that he and Cal both knew?

Reactions: Aike
I haven't seen several admit to that. Maybe you could name names and tag them?
They were in one of the other 30 threads, I'm not bs'ing and I'm too busy today to go through each one to find them. It would be much easier if there weren't so may threads on this one guy.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
Just as you shouldn't be called selfish (which I never did), I shouldn't be called a Cal teabag receptacle.

We both have our opinion and are entitled to them. I don't agree with every decision Cal makes but me bitching about it on a public forum does more harm than good for what part of the program I can control: what I say about it publicly.

To me it's a worse look having a bunch of fans second guessing a player and coaches when they don't have any real information than this situation (mid season transfer that may go pro without playing) that presents itself currently but will most likely never present itself again.
For the record, I'm not "bitching" or "second guessing", I'm simply giving my opinion. Not sure who you are referring to though.

For the record, I'm not "bitching" or "second guessing", I'm simply giving my opinion. Not sure who you are referring to though.

I made a general reference to UK fans that second guess based on limited info. You made a specific reference to me with his nuts on my chin. For the record, I know exactly who you were referring to and disagree.

I don't agree with any human being on every little thing. Just like I don't agree with Cal on everything. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt based on his past actions and success.

We are already considered an NBA farm team. Elite kids seem to like that. That is all that maters, not what Forde and Goodman think.

The plan being Diallo was definitley leaving from day one and that he and Cal both knew?
I think the plan was to leave and only come back as a last resort.I think Cal understood this from day one and held off recruiting 2's as long as he could so as to keep Diallo's intent to be here half a year quiet for as long as he could.

I think, in this case, we certainly can miss something we never had. We all would love to have a player with his size, athleticism (40"+ vertical, damn) and skill set. The kid would be amazing next season at UK.

Also, I don't think anyone is worrying about something they can't control, I think everyone is just voicing their opinions about it.
Oh I think we have a lot of "worried fans". 2012 was 5 years ago and counting. If he leaves, we must understand Diallo can be replaced since he has not contributed to our program except as a practice player.

I do respect opinions but by worrying so much we do carry it a bit far. But no problem because at least there is interest. Go to the other SEC basketball boards and see what is happening. Nothing. I am feeling good about Diallo one way or the other.

Reactions: kyjeff1
There will always be negative spin put out by the media, as long as consumers are around to lap it up.

Just a few days ago, Gary Parrish put out an anti-UK, pro-UNC piece. He only had to wait through 4 UK Final Fours and National Title, and ignore the epic scandal on Chapel Hill, to write his article with a straight face.

We all remember Pat Forde and the bed that Cal had to lie in - 22 months after Cal won a Title, and a few weeks before his team played for another one.

There will always be negative spin by media trolls, even when things are going great.

So if Diallo goes pro, there will be some negativity. If he stays and underperforms, there will be negativity. If he stays and plays great, we will get more revisionist history about what might have been if he played in 2017.

But by and large, on a national basis, this story is a footnote. Trolls are going to troll, and some UK fans are going to freak out. The sun will come up tomorrow, rinse and repeat.

Was going to say the same thing: we are gonna get negative press regardless of what we do and Cal will have his haters regardless what he does. Because we are at the top of the hill.

What's frustrating is that it's all based on a myth that Cal cheats while there are very obvious realities with two other national programs known to have cheated that get little to no coverage.

Nature of the beast I guess. No coverage for 4 years of perfect APR score but plenty of coverage about how Cal is ruining college bb. Lets compare a known, measurable fact to a concept that is blatantly false in the eyes of any logical, informed human being.

Reactions: Aike
Don't have to be in the know to see what is provided:

Cal, HD and his coaches all said he was coming early to get a jump on next season at UK.

I agree he was very raw when he arrived, I do however believe he coud have eventually contributed by season's end but both HD and Cal told us the situation.

Everyone knew he was eligible and would get evaluated at the combine.

The chances were very slim he would be evaluated high enough (Top 15-20) that he would go this year - and as of today that is still true (at least for most guaranteed lottery players willing to wait a season).

Cal was not recruiting a bevy of SG's until season's end.

Plenty of data here to understand the situation.

The only variable to me is whether Diallo is willing to leave without a guaranteed relatively high pick, which would be surprising (or was) - but Cal has a backup plan it appears.

I'm still shocked the kid could play well below expectations in front of many scouts versus high schoolers, stop playing high school games soon thereafter, not play at UK, not play at the combine, not be a projected Top 5 draft pick next season, yet a team will still draft him because he can jump high....?

Here is EJ Floreal as a freshman... he should have declared back then. Imagine how many scholarships we would have had over the next few years...

Brian, you confuse me with much of this. I think we have a mutual dislike of the others bad take. In one thread you talk on and on about coach speak, saying what they need to, but yet in this situation you simply take their statements as gospel without a second thought. I don't understand that.

Let me play devils advocate again for a second. Let's say Cal and Diallos other coaches all knew that he was staying in the draft unless he was effectively forced out of it, meaning his semester at UK was just NBA prep and he never intended to come back next year. Do you really think they would say that? Of course they wouldn't so how do we know this isn't just coach speak. I find the quote I posted yesterday from Diallo more telling. To paraphrase it he said his plan was to protect himself. Protect himself from what? I think the answer to that is pretty clear.

Obviously the evidence isn't clear since rational intelligent people see it totally different even when discussing the specific evidence.

I think the plan was to leave and only come back as a last resort.I think Cal understood this from day one and held off recruiting 2's as long as he could so as to keep Diallo's intent to be here half a year quiet for as long as he could.
Yes and I think Diallos decision to wait until the last day to enter was just as calculated. Less days under the gun so to speak.

Reactions: bluebornwildcat

That wasn't for me but I'd like to respond anyway. You know how the farm team statement was being used. Perhaps NBA prep camp would have been better. Farm team, to me, infers playing. At a camp you get instruction.

I think it is likely that Cal and Diallo both understood that staying in the draft was the goal and being at UK next year was a fall back plan.

Brian, you confuse me with much of this. I think we have a mutual dislike of the others bad take. In one thread you talk on and on about coach speak, saying what they need to, but yet in this situation you simply take their statements as gospel without a second thought. I don't understand that.

Let me play devils advocate again for a second. Let's say Cal and Diallos other coaches all knew that he was staying in the draft unless he was effectively forced out of it, meaning his semester at UK was just NBA prep and he never intended to come back next year. Do you really think they would say that? Of course they wouldn't so how do we know this isn't just coach speak. I find the quote I posted yesterday from Diallo more telling. To paraphrase it he said his plan was to protect himself. Protect himself from what? I think the answer to that is pretty clear.

Obviously the evidence isn't clear since rational intelligent people see it totally different even when discussing the specific evidence.

Protect himself from looking like a complete idiot by jumping in too early mid-season? No gelling, no idea what they are running or where to be defensively. In his head he could be thinking he has an outside shot of first round and his buddies are all telling him to get the $$ now.

Who knows, there could be a million different things and Cal can only do and know so much. Its a fluid situation that is much different now than when they originally planned out their course of action.

That wasn't for me but I'd like to respond anyway. You know how the farm team statement was being used. Perhaps NBA prep camp would have been better. Farm team, to me, infers playing. At a camp you get instruction.

I think it is likely that Cal and Diallo both understood that staying in the draft was the goal and being at UK next year was a fall back plan.

As you said, not for me but I'd like to respond. lol

I think the opposite. As someone said, he hasn't played in a while, I don't think they thought he would be a first rounder. Isn't this the same situation Skal was in? Hadn't played competitive basketball in a year before playing as a freshman.

If there is anything to be worried about, as a UK fan, for me it is that he comes back and we have another Skal situation. Some kids don't work out and sometimes Cal doesn't figure out the best way to get a kid to work within that year's system.

I think Cal has even said it; during the season its all about your brothers and the team, during the off-season its about you and your future. I think he develops a system, as the season progresses, that benefits the most number of players and the team as a whole. Sometimes a player gets lost in that but he works for the best solution to serve both goals.

Protect himself from looking like a complete idiot by jumping in too early mid-season? No gelling, no idea what they are running or where to be defensively. In his head he could be thinking he has an outside shot of first round and his buddies are all telling him to get the $$ now.

Who knows, there could be a million different things and Cal can only do and know so much. Its a fluid situation that is much different now than when they originally planned out their course of action.
Isn't it normal for a coach to decide when a player is ready? You act like Cal had no control or input. I don't believe the original plan has changed one bit. What gives you the idea that it is fluid?

I made a general reference to UK fans that second guess based on limited info. You made a specific reference to me with his nuts on my chin. For the record, I know exactly who you were referring to and disagree.

I don't agree with any human being on every little thing. Just like I don't agree with Cal on everything. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt based on his past actions and success.
Uh, I made a general statement too, go back and re-read my initial post to you, never said Cal's male member was in YOUR mouth.

Isn't it normal for a coach to decide when a player is ready? You act like Cal had no control or input. I don't believe the original plan has changed one bit. What gives you the idea that it is fluid?

The fact that they have draft boards that list projections that change daily maybe?

As you said, not for me but I'd like to respond. lol

I think the opposite. As someone said, he hasn't played in a while, I don't think they thought he would be a first rounder. Isn't this the same situation Skal was in? Hadn't played competitive basketball in a year before playing as a freshman.

If there is anything to be worried about, as a UK fan, for me it is that he comes back and we have another Skal situation. Some kids don't work out and sometimes Cal doesn't figure out the best way to get a kid to work within that year's system.

I think Cal has even said it; during the season its all about your brothers and the team, during the off-season its about you and your future. I think he develops a system, as the season progresses, that benefits the most number of players and the team as a whole. Sometimes a player gets lost in that but he works for the best solution to serve both goals.
That is exactly what I was saying to Brian in another post. The same data set is leading to different results by intelligent people.

Uh, I made a general statement too, go back and re-read my initial post to you, never said Cal's male member was in YOUR mouth.

Not his member, his boys. lol

Not a big deal, I know you didn't mean to make it personal. I'm just saying, I don't agree with everything he says or does, I just know he may have motives that we don't understand and he may also, God forbid, make a mistake or misjudgment.

Reactions: kyjeff1
He's in the crowd that eats up all of the talking points fed to him. When you're a fanatic, you turn off the brain and defend on emotion; not logic.
I wouldnt necessarily go there. Some of our best on this board see this issue totally different from us. Aike, Brian and others just read the data differently. We will never know who is right. It's either a situation we don't mind or a situation we never want to see again for most of us.

I necessarily go there. Some of our best on this board see this issue totally different from us. Aike, Brian and others just read the data differently. We will never know who is right. It's either a situation we don't mind or a situation we never want to see again for most of us.
Very much agree with this,so many posters that I consider some of the best on the board see this very differently.None of us will probably ever "know" the whole story and there is no 100% right or wrong side of this.I do find it interesting that most don't seem to want to repeat the process any time soon.

Way too dramatic. It's basketball not rocket science.

And it may not be rocket science but it still takes a few months for our freshman to stop relying on pure talent and start realizing that well drilled teams will beat them once they've figured out where the weak spots are.

Then they start really absorbing what the coaches are telling them. Not many players would be able to pick everything up midseason and be able to make a huge difference in March and April.

Doesn't mean that those thoughts aren't part of his reasoning.

IMO, the same reason Diallo didn't participate in the 5 v 5 at the combine is the exact same reason he didn't play last season.

Does a player like Diallo worry about not knowing how to play man to man? Does he really worry he can't compete? And does any kid that age actually worry about potential team chemistry issues?! These guys have been competitors since birth. Multiple teams, teammates, opponents, x's and I'd, etc.

Playing for UK just took a backseat to the chance of get drafted this summer. That was his reasoning imo.

IMO, the same reason Diallo didn't participate in the 5 v 5 at the combine is the exact same reason he didn't play last season.

Does a player like Diallo worry about not knowing how to play man to man? Does he really worry he can't compete? And does any kid that age actually worry about potential team chemistry issues?! These guys have been competitors since birth. Multiple teams, teammates, opponents, x's and I'd, etc.

Playing for UK just took a backseat to the chance of get drafted this summer. That was his reasoning imo.

Not saying he worries about competing, I'm saying he's thinking why risk it when he can sit tight and see what happens at the combine and play next year at UK if he isn't first round. I actually agree with you, I think he thought UK was covered this year and we probably were until the NCAA decided to assign our game to Higgins.

Its pretty wild to think about all these threads and concerns that wouldn't even exist had the games been decided on the court by the players instead of managed and determined by several momentum changing and moral deflating calls.

Not saying he worries about competing, I'm saying he's thinking why risk it when he can sit tight and see what happens at the combine and play next year at UK if he isn't first round. I actually agree with you, I think he thought UK was covered this year and we probably were until the NCAA decided to assign our game to Higgins.

Its pretty wild to think about all these threads and concerns that wouldn't even exist had the games been decided on the court by the players instead of managed and determined by several momentum changing and moral deflating calls.
Winning a title would not change the situation with Diallo.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT