ADVERTISEMENT

UK Fall Practice?

What do you mean?

They will practice there regularly. They may very well have some unadvertised scrimmages against other schools, and they will have their fall world series where they break into two teams and play one another.

I imagine this will get kicked off relatively soon. For instance, Tennessee scrimmages Clemson in Knoxville on 9/28.

Baseball is a bit different than other sports. These fall practices are tryouts for people who were actually recruited and signed with UK, as well as anyone trying to walk-on. So, UK will probably start with something like 40ish guys and they will have to knock that down to 35 people on the roster and 27 on scholarship. I am not sure how many guys UK will have to cut, but it is typically a pretty high number (to me anyway). They have until Feb. 15 to make final cuts.

I think it is closer to @50 guys, and this fall semester the players are having morning workouts/practices with afternoon classes, so not sure how open scrimmages, etc will work.

I think it is closer to @50 guys, and this fall semester the players are having morning workouts/practices with afternoon classes, so not sure how open scrimmages, etc will work.

Thanks. I knew the number would be up there probably closer to 50, but wasn't sure how close.

Starting last Fall the NCAA allows two Fall games. I haven't heard who we have scheduled yet. Last year it was two home games with Xavier and Michigan.

What do you mean?

They will practice there regularly. They may very well have some unadvertised scrimmages against other schools, and they will have their fall world series where they break into two teams and play one another.

I imagine this will get kicked off relatively soon. For instance, Tennessee scrimmages Clemson in Knoxville on 9/28.

Baseball is a bit different than other sports. These fall practices are tryouts for people who were actually recruited and signed with UK, as well as anyone trying to walk-on. So, UK will probably start with something like 40ish guys and they will have to knock that down to 35 people on the roster and 27 on scholarship. I am not sure how many guys UK will have to cut, but it is typically a pretty high number (to me anyway). They have until Feb. 15 to make final cuts.[/QUOTE
This...Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT