ADVERTISEMENT

UK Basketball Replays Update (Now Up to 1480+ Games/Specials)

Oct 31, 2007
100_3.jpg

Hi folks, it's been a while since I posted an update on this board with all the classic UK games I've been adding to my site... I just finished posting the last missing game from the 1996-1997 season, so I thought I would make a post on here detailing everything that's available and what's to come next since I get asked this question from time to time.

Just as a quick note, the total number of UK games/specials on the site is currently at 1,480 and growing nearly every day. I don't know of any other sports fan base that has an archived collection like this... GOLD STANDARD! Although with the amount of time it takes to convert each game from VHS to digital, cut out all the commercials, encode, upload, and post games to the site, you almost have to be crazy to even attempt something like this.

Lastly, before we get to the list, a BIG thanks has to go to all the people (several from this board) that have been crazy enough to record, archive, and send me games on VHS, DVD, BluRay, and download links since the site launched a little over 2 years ago... this list includes Jerry, Willie, BWO, Ritchie, Mike, Greg, Jeff, Ken, Aaron, Joel, Patrick, Bert, and Barry. I wouldn't have nearly as many replays on the site without you guys. Also, Jon Scott's site has been an AMAZING resource to keep things organized.

Now on to the list. The seasons are linked below if you'd like to click on them to see the games for yourself.

1935-1983 = Posted everything I have (which is just a handful of games since these were hard to archive back then)
1983-1984 = COMPLETE
1985-1992 = Posted everything I have, but missing a lot of games from each of these seasons
1992-1993 = Posted everything I have, but missing 8 games
1993-1994 = Posted everything I have, but missing 10 games
1994-1995 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (loss to Mississippi State)
1995-1996 = COMPLETE
1996-1997 = COMPLETE
1997-1998 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (Missouri Maui Classic, apparently did not air on TV)
1998-1999 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (UCLA Puerto Rico Shootout, did not air on TV)
1999-2000 = COMPLETE
2000-2001 = Posted full season (games that count), only missing the 2 exhibition games
2001-2002 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (Nike Elite exhibition–not sure if it even aired on TV or not)
2002-2003 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (Team Nike exhibition)
2003-2004 = Posted 17 / 32 games, have BBM and the rest of the season on VHS
2004-2005 = Posted 10 / 34 games, have BBM and the rest of the season on DVD/VHS
2005-2006 = Posted 07 / 35 games, have the rest of the season on DVD/VHS
2006-2007 = Posted 15 / 34 games, have the rest of the season on DVD/VHS
2007-2008 = Posted 24 / 31 games, have the rest of the season on DVD
2008-2009 = Posted 14 / 36 games, have the rest of the season on DVD
2009-2010 = COMPLETE
2010-2011 = COMPLETE
2011-2012 = COMPLETE
2012-2013 = COMPLETE
2013-2014 = COMPLETE
2014-2015 = COMPLETE
2015-2016 = COMPLETE

*UPDATED 04/02/2016 - Finished the 2001-2002 season.

I've been trying my best to post a game a day during the off season, and I've been able to stick with that for the most part. Once the basketball season starts, posting classic games will slow down a bit, but I'll still try to add at least a few games a week. You can keep up with everything that gets added to the site via the LIST OF REPLAYS PAGE.

If you have requests from anything I mentioned as having in the list above that you'd like to see sooner rather than later, just leave a comment here and/or my site's REQUESTS PAGE and I'll try to prioritize adding it.

Finally, and I kinda hate to mention this, but recently my main ad partnership with Google decided to part ways. The ads from other partnerships that are currently running on the site aren't creating enough revenue to even pay for the site's monthly bill right now. With the amount of time it takes to do all of this, and considering right now I'm losing money on the site, I dunno how much longer I'll be able to maintain everything. If you are willing to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated. DONATIONS PAGE LINK.

Last edited:
This should be a sticky post on the previous page. I am planning on Donating to what I feel is a Legendary website. Please join me in donating to see this site stay up longterm

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
I appreciate the support.

You the man.

Just curious, how many terabytes of UK video do you have? I'm guessing 20 plus.

I'm not sure of the exact amount of TBs the collection has grown to, but I have files spread around on 3 internal multi TB hard drives and 5 external multi TB hard drives. Not to mention a ton of DVDs and some BluRays. So yeah... it's a lot and I'm always running out of space lol.

Reactions: BBUK
I appreciate the support.

I'm not sure of the exact amount of TBs the collection has grown to, but I have files spread around on 3 internal multi TB hard drives and 5 external multi TB hard drives. Not to mention a ton of DVDs and some BluRays. So yeah... it's a lot and I'm always running out of space lol.

Jesus. That's a lot. I promise I will donate soon. You deserve it. Really, everyone should at least kick a couple bucks. It would add up and help a ton, I imagine.

Figured I would bump this as I just posted 9 more games to finish up what I have of the 1998-1999 season (which is everything minus the UCLA game, which I'm told did not air on TV). I'll be working on the 1999-2000 season next unless you all have some requests for any games from 2000-current that aren't already on the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBUK
I know Ritchie Curtis has a ton of games from 1977-1992 that you have not acquired. You may want to cut a deal with that boy. He also has a huge collection of Kentucky football games.

I know Ritchie Curtis has a ton of games from 1977-1992 that you have not acquired. You may want to cut a deal with that boy. He also has a huge collection of Kentucky football games.
Yes, he has a ton of them and I would love to have those games. However, they are $8 a pop, and I'm already practically begging for donations in the original post just to keep doing what I'm currently doing. I've gotten some of my games from Ritchie in the past, but I simply don't have the funds to order a bunch of games from in the near future even if he were to do a bundle deal with me.

Last edited:
I'm going to get more seasons from him @BillionthUKFan. Just finding the $$ is the hardest part right now. A lot of unexpected expenses has it me recently. Trying to build my savings back up so I can have some spending money. Might be after the first of the year before we can update the library.

I'm going to get more seasons from him @BillionthUKFan. Just finding the $$ is the hardest part right now. A lot of unexpected expenses has it me recently. Trying to build my savings back up so I can have some spending money. Might be after the first of the year before we can update the library.
Sounds great bud, that would be awesome. And I completely understand about the $$.

It's been a while since I updated this thread, but I just finished posting the last game needed to complete the entire 1999-2000 season--so that's everything I have pre-2000. BWO is still looking into acquiring another full season from the 1980s, so that'll probably come at some point in the next several months.

Next up I'll try to catch up on a few requests that have been made, then I'll be posting some games in random order that I recently converted from VHS before eventually focusing on the 2000-2001 season. Use my REQUESTS page if you'd like to see anything from 2000-2009 added sooner rather than later.

Quick bump... just finished off another season! This time all the regular season UK games as well as the SEC tournament and NCAA tournament have been posted for 2000-2001. I currently don't have the two exhibition games from this season (I'm not even sure if they aired on TV--I cannot find any info about them one way or another). I've also added some random games/requests from 2001-2009 since the last update as well, making the total number of replays available on the site at 1,405.

More games to come soon, plus I've got someone that contacted me saying he has a bunch of tapes from the Bowie and later era that he's trying to find and send me.

100_3.jpg

Hi folks, it's been a while since I posted an update on this board with all the classic UK games I've been adding to my site... I just finished posting the last missing game from the 1996-1997 season, so I thought I would make a post on here detailing everything that's available and what's to come next since I get asked this question from time to time.

Just as a quick note, the total number of UK games/specials on the site is currently at 1,320 and growing nearly every day. I don't know of any other sports fan base that has an archived collection like this... GOLD STANDARD! Although with the amount of time it takes to convert each game from VHS to digital, cut out all the commercials, encode, upload, and post games to the site, you almost have to be crazy to even attempt something like this.

Lastly, before we get to the list, a BIG thanks has to go to all the people (several from this board) that have been crazy enough to record, archive, and send me games on VHS, DVD, BluRay, and download links since the site launched a little over 2 years ago... this list includes Jerry, Willie, BWO, Ritchie, Mike, Greg, Jeff, Ken, Aaron, Joel, Patrick, Bert, and Barry. I wouldn't have nearly as many replays on the site without you guys. Also, Jon Scott's site has been an AMAZING resource to keep things organized.

Now on to the list. The seasons are linked below if you'd like to click on them to see the games for yourself.

1935-1983 = Posted everything I have (which is just a handful of games since these were hard to archive back then)
1983-1984 = COMPLETE
1985-1992 = Posted everything I have, but missing a lot of games from each of these seasons
1992-1993 = Posted everything I have, but missing 8 games
1993-1994 = Posted everything I have, but missing 10 games
1994-1995 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (loss to Mississippi State)
1995-1996 = COMPLETE
1996-1997 = COMPLETE
1997-1998 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (Missouri Maui Classic, apparently did not air on TV)
1998-1999 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (UCLA Puerto Rico Shootout, did not air on TV)
1999-2000 = COMPLETE
2000-2001 = Posted full season (games that count), only missing the 2 exhibition games
2001-2002 = Posted 18 / 32 games, have the rest of the season on VHS except for the Nike Elite exhibition
2002-2003 = Posted everything I have, only missing 1 game (Team Nike exhibition)
2003-2004 = Posted 16 / 32 games, have BBM and the rest of the season on VHS
2004-2005 = Posted 10 / 34 games, have BBM and the rest of the season on DVD/VHS
2005-2006 = Posted 07 / 35 games, have the rest of the season on DVD/VHS
2006-2007 = Posted 13 / 34 games, have the rest of the season on DVD/VHS
2007-2008 = Posted 24 / 31 games, have the rest of the season on DVD
2008-2009 = Posted 14 / 36 games, have the rest of the season on DVD
2009-2010 = COMPLETE
2010-2011 = COMPLETE
2011-2012 = COMPLETE
2012-2013 = COMPLETE
2013-2014 = COMPLETE
2014-2015 = COMPLETE
2015-2016 = EVERYTHING TO DATE

*UPDATED 02/08/2016

I've been trying my best to post a game a day during the off season, and I've been able to stick with that for the most part. Once the basketball season starts, posting classic games will slow down a bit, but I'll still try to add at least a few games a week. You can keep up with everything that gets added to the site via the LIST OF REPLAYS PAGE.

For the past little while what I've been doing is filling in the gaps of missing games I have access to in chronological order. So this morning I finished posting the last missing gap from the 1996-1997 season, and since I've already posted everything I have from 1997-1998, I plan on working on the 1998-1999 season next.

If you have requests from anything I mentioned as having in the list above that you'd like to see sooner rather than later, just leave a comment here and/or my site's REQUESTS PAGE and I'll try to prioritize adding it.

Finally, and I kinda hate to mention this, but recently my main ad partnership with Google decided to part ways. The ads from other partnerships that are currently running on the site aren't creating enough revenue to even pay for the site's monthly bill right now. With the amount of time it takes to do all of this, and considering right now I'm losing money on the site, I dunno how much longer I'll be able to maintain everything. If you are willing to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated. DONATIONS PAGE LINK.
You da man, Harry.

Well it's Final Four Saturday, so I figured I would bump this thread with another big update. I just finished posting everything I have from the 2001-2002 season, which includes all the games except for the Nike Elite exhibition game--I'm not even sure if this aired on TV or not.

That brings the total number of replays up to about 1,480. I'll be working on a few requests soon and then will continue with trying to post more games from the 2000s as well as from any other eras I come across.

I have a number of vhs games my dad taped in the 80s and 90s. Is there a list of which games you are missing from each season? I can go back and see if I have any outliers. If not I will just eye ball it. Thank you for all you do. Speaking of my dad, he passed in 08 butwould have loved your site. Watching those old games from the 80s were some of my best memories of spending time with him.

My contributions for the older seasons... Will come with a unfortunate delay... My PC is out of commission for a little while... I've got to get my saving built back up so I can not only make the repairs to my PC but to also get the older seasons I promised

I have a number of vhs games my dad taped in the 80s and 90s. Is there a list of which games you are missing from each season? I can go back and see if I have any outliers. If not I will just eye ball it. Thank you for all you do. Speaking of my dad, he passed in 08 butwould have loved your site. Watching those old games from the 80s were some of my best memories of spending time with him.
I'm away from my computer right now, but here is a quick and dirty list of games I need from 93 to current: LINK (scroll down to see the list). I have a handful of games I have partial copies of that aren't on there as well as a list of everything that I do have. Please use the contact form at that link and I'll email you more info when I'm around my PC.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I wish he could rewatch some of these games too.

BWO: No problem, bud. I totally understand.

Amazing web site man.
Do you have anymore games from the season with Chuck Hayes, azubukie, and Rondo. We should have made it to the final 4 that year. Heart breaker lost to Michigan state in the elite 8.

Amazing web site man.
Do you have anymore games from the season with Chuck Hayes, azubukie, and Rondo. We should have made it to the final 4 that year. Heart breaker lost to Michigan state in the elite 8.
Thanks. And yes, I have the entire 2004-2005 season that you are referring to on VHS and DVD. I'll be working on those games soon. Definitely a fun season.

Reactions: SmoothRunner32
Figured I would bump this as I just posted 9 more games to finish up what I have of the 1998-1999 season (which is everything minus the UCLA game, which I'm told did not air on TV). I'll be working on the 1999-2000 season next unless you all have some requests for any games from 2000-current that aren't already on the site.

Sure would like to see a few games from the years I was there 1970-74...I haven't seen too many listed...Thanks again for all the work you do....

Damn! This being bumped got me excited, I thought there was a new development with the archive site. I need to start recording and storing the games myself. Not a game goes by where I don’t miss that website.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT