ADVERTISEMENT

UK adds commitment from 2020 shortstop

He plays on the same summer team as an earlier '20 commit - Luke Pectol. Sounds like a great program and developing into a feeder system for the Cats.

Cats also picked up a 2019 commit in Cole Stupp - a 6'4" 185# RHP from Milton GA. In the 85-88 MPH range with his FB but supposedly a great curveball based on Perfect Game reports.

Looks like Marcus is extremely versatile and is great at getting some base hits. Hit over .500 in that World Series and had 4 RBIs. Pretty solid. Kind of seems like we're kind of stocking up on some lefty hitters.

Wow! Either we are getting much better information (which I think we are) or this staff is really moving on recruiting faster than I can ever remember here at Kentucky.

Wow! Either we are getting much better information (which I think we are) or this staff is really moving on recruiting faster than I can ever remember here at Kentucky.
I think it's both. And they are getting a lot more per class. Not sure how that's going to work out long term though.

Fall camp seems much more of a try out than before.
I don't know how it works on other major campuses, but that seems like a dangerous game to play. This are all some fine recruits that could go anywhere and if some of them aren't making the team after fall practice then I think that could discourage future recruits from coming to UK knowing that their commitment doesn't guarantee them a roster spot. I assume that the kids that don't make it will have to transfer and then possibly redshirt to save eligibility?

ADVERTISEMENT