ADVERTISEMENT

UK’s Best Player

cmallory4121

Sophomore
Jun 24, 2009
Why do UK fans (not all) always think the best player is sitting on the bench? Sharpe, Allen. Same with T Clark last year. Vanderbilt. Juzang. Hamidou Diallo. Got to be a reason they don’t play

Why do UK fans (not all) always think the best player is sitting on the bench? Sharpe, Allen. Same with T Clark last year. Juzang. Hamidou Diallo. Got to be a reason they don’t play
To be fair, this is the first time we’ve had the #1 recruit in the nation sitting there. How many times have I read here Sharpe is the highest rated recruit we’ve ever gotten? Answer - a lot. People have been saying here for months he’s rated higher than Wall and Davis. So don’t be surprised when people think he is.

To be fair, this is the first time we’ve had the #1 recruit in the nation sitting there. How many times have I read here Sharpe is the highest rated recruit we’ve ever gotten? Answer - a lot. People have been saying here for months he’s rated higher than Wall and Davis. So don’t be surprised when people think he is.
True but not only should he be in high school, he has practiced with UK for 2 weeks.

...taking our scholly spot, using our resources, taking coaching time away from other players, and spending NIL money from a Commonwealth of Kentucky business.
My biggest problem with this whole thing is my personal perception. I grew up dreaming and pretending to play for UK. I wanted it more than anything in the world. To me, it was the ultimate opportunity. I know these kids didn’t grow up with that dream and that’s ok. But to see a kid just chew that opportunity up and spit it out and for the head coach of Kentucky to allow it is just not OK to me. This team is part of our culture and those spots are sacred. It would be like a church your grand parents, parents, you and now your kids go to closing down and the new owners turn it into a water slide. It feels like Cal has turned UK basketball into a water slide.

If Cal's plan is to play Sharpe next season, would Sharpe be best prepared for next year by:
1) Practicing with the team
2) Playing real college games
3) Staying in high school and playing all-star games

Option 2 is the best by far. And one could argue #1 is the worst option.

Reactions: Tubbyfan78
If Cal's plan is to play Sharpe next season, would Sharpe be best prepared for next year by:
1) Practicing with the team
2) Playing real college games
3) Staying in high school and playing all-star games

Option 2 is the best by far. And one could argue #1 is the worst option.
It’s been my contention all along. The only way it makes sense not to play him is if you know he’s leaving.

My biggest problem with this whole thing is my personal perception. I grew up dreaming and pretending to play for UK. I wanted it more than anything in the world. To me, it was the ultimate opportunity. I know these kids didn’t grow up with that dream and that’s ok. But to see a kid just chew that opportunity up and spit it out and for the head coach of Kentucky to allow it is just not OK to me. This team is part of our culture and those spots are sacred. It would be like a church your grand parents, parents, you and now your kids go to closing down and the new owners turn it into a water slide. It feels like Cal has turned UK basketball into a water slide.
I agree it’s BS that Cal does this. We all know that he is going pro and Cal knows it too but he won’t say it. Cal puts the players first instead of the program first.

Why do UK fans (not all) always think the best player is sitting on the bench? Sharpe, Allen. Same with T Clark last year. Vanderbilt. Juzang. Hamidou Diallo. Got to be a reason they don’t play
I don’t think that’s what UK fans think. I think we see someone on the bench that might be able to help the team that isn’t being utilized. Pretty big difference.

This happens everywhere in all sports. Just like the famous saying: the most popular player on the team is the backup QB

None of those other guys were ranked number 1 and being hyped as UK’s best recruit since Anthony Davis.

Sharpe is a different thing than the bench-sitters we’ve had in the past, and it’s hardly surprising that our fans wanna see what he can do before he bolts to the NBA.

But you can guarantee he will be ready for the NBA after this season.Funny how that works.
some yesterday were saying, in this very forum, that Cal shouldn't put Sharpe in the game in such a hostile environment.

well, what in the wide, wide world of sports do we think the nba environment will be like??

if the kid is as good as advertised he should want to thrive in such an environment. anyone see Wall backing down from such an environment?

C'mon people, there's an NBA career to manage here. Sharpe will come in a game if and when it fits in with his future career plans 15 years from now. Just ask his mentor/handler it came straight from his mouth. Sheesh.

some yesterday were saying, in this very forum, that Cal shouldn't put Sharpe in the game in such a hostile environment.

well, what in the wide, wide world of sports do we think the nba environment will be like??

if the kid is as good as advertised he should want to thrive in such an environment. anyone see Wall backing down from such an environment?
What NBA crowd is like the Auburn crowd Saturday?

Reactions: cmallory4121
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT