ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh Kansas

He's in front of the mirror right now, rehearsing the pathetic spin he's going to vomit here in 3,2,1.....
44b069e5bf527919a22c62fe624b4bf0--daily-affirmations-saturday-night-live.jpg

There was no quote about Kentucky in the article. The author just said Gassnola said Kentucky as well without quoting him.

Odd that they would quote Self about Duke and UNC but not quote Gassnola about Kentucky. Would be interesting to see the transcripts of the text messages.

You would think that if Gassnola was quoted dozens of time in the article, and he implied in writing that Kentucky was cheating, that would be a big bombshell to quote his text about UK. But they didn’t. Hmm...
Didn't say they were cheating. Just implied to keep up with them they had to cheat.

It’s bad enough that players only stay for one year, and now we have to put up with this crooked, and apparently widespread corruption. Tired of all of it. Can’t we just play and enjoy sports anymore?
Fine by me.

I want college basketball to be college basketball.

So you want to watch poor to mediocre talent playing against even worse talent? Pass.

Can we just get the effin shoe companies and agents completely out of college basketball?

Seriously, aren’t schools making enough freaking money from the tv contracts?

If a kid insists on being paid to play in college, then eff him. I’m tired of all of this trashy nonsense.

It’s bad enough that players only stay for one year, and now we have to put up with this crooked, and apparently widespread corruption. Tired of all of it. Can’t we just play and enjoy sports anymore?

Always a hidden motive. You cannot be plain and simple anymore. It doesn't seem to be allowed. A darned shame too. P_SS on ulterior motives...

I'm getting pretty good at channeling KU's Baghdad Bob Brigade. Here's what they will say: "Of course Kansas coaches were "aware" of Gassnola's involvement with players -- just not that he was doing anything improper to steer them to Kansas. Nothing to see here."
You just gave the ncaa their out! GO CATS!!

The headline got my hopes up, but the details don't live up. It's hard to see anything happening to Kansas based on what is known now. The texts are vague and could be explained away easily enough. The only violation is that the guardian of one of their kids allegedly got $2,500. I suspect if it is true, and he pays it back... all will be forgotten (it's happened before). As long as we're clean, I could care less what other universities do to try and keep up. And, in some strange way, I am glad that Kansas got Ayton stolen in a similar fashion... as he likely could have tipped KU to a NC.

vague? He said that’s the way the business works and then mentioned unc and duke saying cheating goes on at Nike ..... not vague at all becausehe was using them as an example to say if they do it then it’s ok for KU to do it

The texts are vague and could be explained away easily enough.

"Lindsay Harksen, an Adidas employee, testified Monday that although Gassnola didn't have a formal contract to work as a consultant for the shoe company, he and his youth basketball program received more than $1 million from Adidas between December 2015 and August 2017."

So Gassnola wasn't employed by Adidas, yet spoke with Bill Self personally regarding the relationship between amateur players, Adidas and Kansas. Why wasn't Gassnola employed by Adidas officially if he was in fact a consultant for them?

"In my mind, it's KU, bill self. Everyone else fall into line. Too [expletive] bad. That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I am RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery pics [sic] and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind." — Gassnola

Gassnola, not employed by Adidas, wishes to see Kansas succeed in basketball, and has a relationship with the head coach. That makes him a booster.

"Gassnola, a former AAU director from Springfield, Massachusetts, testified last week that he paid $89,000 to former Kansas player Billy Preston's mother and that he also agreed to pay $20,000 to De Sousa's guardian..."

Gassnola, a booster by definition, paid amateur basketball players via their guardians, both of whom committed to the school he boosts — an NCAA violation.

"I'm happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys." — Bill Self

Bill Self expresses the need for high-quality players to a known booster and illegal-payment maker (who doesn't work for Adidas and therefore could not possibly provide any legal, sneaker-based incentives to players to join Kansas, because he doesn't work for Adidas. Did I mention he doesn't officially work for Adidas?).

So please tell us all how, easily enough, these vague texts can be explained away, given the evidence above.

Good God some people are hand wringing and acting like spoiled kids. College basketball will always be great. Take the one and dones away, there are still tons of talented kids not good enough to make it to the NBA. Hell in the 70's and 80's the term was never heard of. Some absolute great basketball was played. hell freshmen where not even allowed to play and it worked out just fine. All we would lose is some of these entitled, selfish, me first prima donas. Fine by me, hell the game might actually be better, more players would be playing for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

Relax, college basketball is not going anywhere, only the shadiness and greed hopefully will be gone.

he and his youth basketball program received more than $1 million from Adidas between December 2015 and August 2017.
Lol... Since that was the jist of your take... who exactly does he work for?

Listen, my point is simple... as yet, Self cannot be connected to any payments, or of even knowing about them. (Not saying he didn't... which is unlikely). The $$ to Preston's family would be an issue if Preston played.. he didn't.
The money to DeSousa is too insignificant to matter. As has been shown by the NCAA.

Kansas fans "Cal obviously knew about someone taking Derrick Rose ACT"

Also Kansas fans "No way Self knew about this"
This also applies to UNC*** fans (Roy didn't know about players clustering in the fake AFAM course) and UL (no way Pitino knew about the hooker scandal, it's just not possible).

You can get the shoe companies out of the ncaa but you’ll lose 90% of the top 150 from each sr class ... kids will go play for money in another league

Speaking for myself, who cares? there’ll still be lots of quality college players.

Listen, my point is simple... as yet, Self cannot be connected to any payments, or of even knowing about them. (Not saying he didn't... which is unlikely). The $$ to Preston's family would be an issue if Preston played.. he didn't.
The money to DeSousa is too insignificant to matter. As has been shown by the NCAA.

Let me simplify:

Gassnola and Adidas are defrauding the IRS by representing his employment as merely an AAU sponsorship. He has also paid Kansas players and is a booster by definition and of his own admission. Bill Self has a working relationship with him, and discusses recruiting with him.

So: Bill Self is a liar and cheater at worst, or at best has a personal and professional relationship with a man defrauding him into thinking he officially works for Adidas, and who is right under his nose paying Kansas players. That makes him a fool and a coach who lacks institutional control.

Either way — major NCAA violation.

If he skates, it won't be precedented like you state. There's a mountain of evidence to suggest Bill Self was directly involved in the payment of players to come to Kansas, circumstantial or otherwise. If he skates, it will be the direct result of corruption.

But by all means, continue to make light of it.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Kansas fans are quick to point to UK as cheating, but UK never pursued the many kids in question despite them begging for UK to recruit them.

Oh, I am sure the IRS will figure out who he worked for and how his finances work......

Reactions: rabbitTown
Uh oh, today they showed proof that KU’s assistant told Code that Zion wants money and housing and they were gonna have to do it to get it done.

Babyinacorner can’t say that’s vague....

Watch him come back here and try to say it doesn’t count because the judge didn’t allow it as evidence in the trial as if that keeps it from the ncaa seeing it

This also applies to UNC*** fans (Roy didn't know about players clustering in the fake AFAM course) and UL (no way Pitino knew about the hooker scandal, it's just not possible).
Thank you for spelling UNC*** correctly. Need to get everyone else to comply.

BTW, EFF UNC*** again, just for good measure.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Uh oh, today they showed proof that KU’s assistant told Code that Zion wants money and housing and they were gonna have to do it to get it done.

Watch him come back here and try to say it doesn’t count because the judge didn’t allow it as evidence in the trial as if that keeps it from the ncaa seeing it
Yeah, but the bigger issue at hand is, if Zion/Zion's handlers took money, Duke will be without their cash cow this season, no puns intended.

He already commented and said it looks like Duke was cheating, but he still maintains that Kansas was not. You can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
He already commented and said it looks like Duke was cheating, but he still maintains that Kansas was not. You can't make this stuff up.

how did i skip over that?? ROTFLMAO What a maroooooon! There is no proof they actually did try to dish out money for Zion but it does show that people at KU knew what "HELP" meant from adidas and with preston and Desousa proven to of gotten money.... ding dong the witch is dead.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Yeah, but the bigger issue at hand is, if Zion/Zion's handlers took money, Duke will be without their cash cow this season, no puns intended.

even if nothing more comes from it... there's gonna be that question / distraction over his head all season long. With hearing those words today. the NCAA should be getting up and looking into Zion and his family before Duke has a chance to sweep things under the rug.. unfortunately the world is a sheet stain under a dogs azz and the NCAA will wait just long enough for Duke to have their lawyers cover every thing up and put a pretty bow on Zion.

how did i skip over that?? ROTFLMAO What a maroooooon! There is no proof they actually did try to dish out money for Zion but it does show that people at KU knew what "HELP" meant from adidas and with preston and Desousa proven to of gotten money.... ding dong the witch is dead.

Or it meant that we need to find some way to make Zion to happen without paying him money or giving his parent's housing.

Duke is as dirty as KU! You can look at their top 10 and see the trail. Reddish meeting with Lebrons agent right before committing. Now this with Zion. Can bet your sweet butt, Barrett go something, too!

ADVERTISEMENT