ADVERTISEMENT

Ugonna

Or the Dragon but he did say this

” At the end of the day, defense wins championships, and that's the mentality the entire team is taking. “That’s what it takes to win," Whitney said. "We’re so close, and we talk about winning every day. The rankings came out, we’re the No. 1 team in the country, and we want to hold that spot all year and win a national championship.

these kids are taught to say the right things. Some actually believe it tho. I hope Ugonna is a dog and will do what it takes to win #9. There was a few year stretch where we didn’t have the championship mindset throughout the team. I think we might this year, time will tell
More like the Brookesia nana, called the Dragon and played like Smallest reptile in the world.

You can't say that. Just look at Bam and Fox after the loss to UNC. Sure it's about them going pro and getting the second contract as fast they can. But that's not the point. You act like kids don't care while they are there. I think Jones came back to win a Championship. It worked. WCS came back to win one. He didn't by no means have to. I do know TyTy was leaning on coming back until the last min. He's group talked him out of it. So yes it's important they get paid. Yes that's #1 now, but kids do really work hard and play for a Championship.
I’m happy Jones won a ship here, but he 100% came back because of the NBA lockout. If there wasn’t a lockout he goes. Same with Lamb, despite his lower draft position, imo.

I’m happy Jones won a ship here, but he 100% came back because of the NBA lockout. If there wasn’t a lockout he goes. Same with Lamb, despite his lower draft position, imo.
Yes. It’s almost like money is important. Without NIL this roster would also look much different.

Reactions: chroix
These players wanting to make money isn't a bad thing. I think some of you guys demonize the kids saying "all they want is a pay day" and they don't care about winning or about the school or tradition.

#1 every single person who goes to a college or university does so as a career choice. They want to make more money from their career. If a Fortune 500 company offered them a 7-figure job after 1 year, they'd be gone. Why do we expect athletes to only "be in it for the name on the back of the jersey"?

#2 Just because someone wants to make money in life doesn't mean they don't also make choices based on a desire to enjoy the journey along the way. It doesn't take long in life to realize money isn't the end all/ be all.

#3 Just because players go to UK to make money doesn't mean they don't want to win for UK. If they play a competitive sport, they want to win. These things are not mutually exclusive.

#4 For most of these players, making money isn't the PRIMARY reason they chose UK. It may be the primary reason they're playing basketball, but not why they chose UK. Most of them would be making money playing basketball somewhere, and really they could do it anywhere. So, why not Duke or UNC or Auburn or Kansas? Why UK? The point is, they chose to come to UK. There is zero need to slam them for also having a desire to make money in a career after the season ends.

#5 ALL of the above can happen, and actually usually DOES happen simultaneously... loving a particular school, tradition, coach, fanbase; having a desire to win; wanting to increase one's earning potential. None of those are mutually exclusive. They work together.

#5 ALL of the above can happen, and actually usually DOES happen simultaneously... loving a particular school, tradition, coach, fanbase; having a desire to win; wanting to increase one's earning potential. None of those are mutually exclusive. They work together
Agree.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
They all say this. Its coached into them that the fans eat it up and favor them.

I can promise you these kids from NY, Texas, Africa, haven't been dreaming for years to bring a championship to Lexington.
Maybe not to Lexington specifically but any real competitor wants to win a title and be the last team standing at whichever level they are playing.

it’s just your special breed of entitled kids who don’t care about winning it all and are purely NBA focused and think college is just AAU w extra steps. The Ben Simmons, Sharpe, etc

They all have the NBA dream but the majority still are competitors who want to win at the highest level

I know its hard to have perspective when we're such huge UK fans, but these kids are not. Money and a future is why theyre here......its not 1996 anymore. Of course they want to win, but theyre not here to win a title, that wasn't the goal. The objective was to make cash.
When you went to a strip club in your younger days, did you really believe the dancers liked you?
I mean if we are keeping it real, the truth is that they have done more for UK in their short time here than you have your whole life…

Reactions: kl40504
Maybe not to Lexington specifically but any real competitor wants to win a title and be the last team standing at whichever level they are playing.

it’s just your special breed of entitled kids who don’t care about winning it all and are purely NBA focused and think college is just AAU w extra steps. The Ben Simmons, Sharpe, etc

They all have the NBA dream but the majority still are competitors who want to win at the highest level
That’s who I want on my team, a team of dogs who don’t even wanna lose a possession in practice.

I mean if we are keeping it real, the truth is that they have done more for UK in their short time here than you have your whole life…
lol....someones angry!

You have over 23 thousand posts. Maybe if you had a life you wouldn't get so upset?

Of course they want to win, who doesn't? Its just not the #1 goal, its not the reason they came to UK, nor their main motivation.

lol....someones angry!

You have over 23 thousand posts. Maybe if you had a life you wouldn't get so upset?
Guy upset that a player wants to win a championship complains someone calling him out is upset. Whose really sad here broseph? Might be time to see a shrink

I'm upset? lol...you got some issues. i feel great. All i did was state the truth, that theyre coached by a PR team on what to say to the media so the fans will adore them (case in point). You're a perfect example of the weak minded that cant accept reality. Theyre here for the possibility to make millions, im sorry, i feel like i told a child santa isn't real.
But go ahead and think they signed just because they love UK, the history, and fan base. Cal selling the NBA doesn't have anything to do with it..

I'm upset? lol...you got some issues. i feel great. All i did was state the truth, that theyre coached by a PR team on what to say to the media so the fans will adore them (case in point). You're a perfect example of the weak minded that cant accept reality. Theyre here for the possibility to make millions, im sorry, i feel like i told a child santa isn't real.
But go ahead and think they signed just because they love UK, the history, and fan base. Cal selling the NBA doesn't have anything to do with it..

I love how proud you are of stating the obvious. What are you going to tell us next? That college students aren’t going to college for the love of the campus but to graduate and get a job? That politicians aren’t actual doing their jobs for the love of their country but to further their own lives? That most people would quit their jobs they tell their bosses they love if they won the lottery? No shit Ugonna wants to play basketball and make money off of it, he’s a human being. What incredibly low IQ do you have that you think you’re the only that realizes how human beings function? 😂 I mean good lord.

You didn’t state any truth douchebag. You have no idea what the kid wants. It’s literally all bullshit, but you’re miserable and get off being the miserable internet guy. Cool.

You didn’t state any truth douchebag. You have no idea what the kid wants. It’s literally all bullshit, but you’re miserable and get off being the miserable internet guy. Cool.

nice name calling. But you get a pass because you’re a liberal on here

HAhahaa.....yeah, keep believing exactly what the PR team tells him to say. You're too simple minded. "I just want to win a championship for UK" ....yeah, believe that little guy. He didnt come to UK for the money, he came to win us a title cause he's so giving. You cant be this stupid.

I don’t think it’s his main objective
Even IF that wasn't his main objective winning a NC would make his players go higher in the draft. AND the players would probably pay more attention and try harder because they know they can be drafted if they try hard and pay attention. Him trying to improve their draft status is a win win position to take.

Last edited:
HAhahaa.....yeah, keep believing exactly what the PR team tells him to say. You're too simple minded. "I just want to win a championship for UK" ....yeah, believe that little guy. He didnt come to UK for the money, he came to win us a title cause he's so giving. You cant be this stupid.
Nil has changed things, but not that much for most of the players, and most of them aren't ever going to see an NFL field or an NBA court.

Our young five star OT is a huge young man with a lot of talent and yet he has spent most of his life sacrificing and chasing his goal and isn't starting yet.

Last edited:
Cool. Have you met him? Of course not. But this is what you want right? It’s the only reason you’d be in this thread in the first place

Of course they want to win, who doesn't? Its just not the #1 goal, its not the reason they came to UK, nor their main motivation.
What was my main reason for going to college? Was it because I love UK so much or was it because I wanted to prepare myself for a career? Noone goes to college just because they love a particular school but more to prepare themselves for a future career. Whether that be in the NBA or some other profession. College is a means to an end.

Shaedon Sharpe’s goal was also to win a national championship here. Saw how that worked out.

I love how proud you are of stating the obvious. What are you going to tell us next? That college students aren’t going to college for the love of the campus but to graduate and get a job? That politicians aren’t actual doing their jobs for the love of their country but to further their own lives? That most people would quit their jobs they tell their bosses they love if they won the lottery? No shit Ugonna wants to play basketball and make money off of it, he’s a human being. What incredibly low IQ do you have that you think you’re the only that realizes how human beings function? 😂 I mean good lord.

I am anti-racist but racism does exist. And I’m calling it what it is from here on out.

Racism exists. But what some forget is it exists on all sides.
XV1P7W.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT