ADVERTISEMENT

Ugonna

They all say this. Its coached into them that the fans eat it up and favor them.

I can promise you these kids from NY, Texas, Africa, haven't been dreaming for years to bring a championship to Lexington.
The kid is 18 years old, new to a foreign country and new to the biggest program in college basketball and you’re critiquing him like he’s supposed to be a pro already. Smh.

They all say this. Its coached into them that the fans eat it up and favor them.

I can promise you these kids from NY, Texas, Africa, haven't been dreaming for years to bring a championship to Lexington.
Louis is not gonna relax until he's happy with the coach. He be like I got my eye on you.

The kid is 18 years old, new to a foreign country and new to the biggest program in college basketball and you’re critiquing him like he’s supposed to be a pro already. Smh.
Who's critiquing? Just telling a few of the excited ones that these speeches are the annual norm. I'm surprised you haven't noticed that. Its the best way to get the fans behind you. They cant tell the truth, which is "I came to UK cause i wanna make millions"

I am glad he seeks that. So do players on many other teams. Let's hope he brings a lot to the table this season to achieve his goal.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Who's critiquing? Just telling a few of the excited ones that these speeches are the annual norm. I'm surprised you haven't noticed that. Its the best way to get the fans behind you. They cant tell the truth, which is "I came to UK cause i wanna make millions"
Is there any players you actually would believe when they say it? Like a dude like Oscar? I feel like i can see that he wants a trophy more than most. I remember back to Bam And Fox crying their eyes out when we lost to UNC that year. It matters to some still even if they have a short stay here

Is there any players you actually would believe when they say it? Like a dude like Oscar? I feel like i can see that he wants a trophy more than most. I remember back to Bam And Fox crying their eyes out when we lost to UNC that year. It matters to some still even if they have a short stay here
I know its hard to have perspective when we're such huge UK fans, but these kids are not. Money and a future is why theyre here......its not 1996 anymore. Of course they want to win, but theyre not here to win a title, that wasn't the goal. The objective was to make cash.
When you went to a strip club in your younger days, did you really believe the dancers liked you?

But a good thing is he is a fast learner.

I know its hard to have perspective when we're such huge UK fans, but these kids are not. Money and a future is why theyre here......its not 1996 anymore. Of course they want to win, but theyre not here to win a title, that wasn't the goal. The objective was to make cash.
When you went to a strip club in your younger days, did you really believe the dancers liked you?
You really think the kids in 1996 cared less about cash than the modern kids?

Maybe the kid can want to make money someday and also want to win a title. You live in a cynical world, man, and I don't think the dork from Napoleon Dynamite would approve of that.

Last edited:
If the whole process is so abhorrent to you why don't you just piss off and let those of us who actually enjoy UK basketball do so without your penetrating insight

If the whole process is so abhorrent to you why don't you just piss off and let those of us who actually enjoy UK basketball do so without your penetrating insight

No I've never needed a stripper to like me and i definitely wouldn't give one my money. Were women that hard to come by in your younger days?

Mini Oscar

dr-evil-mini-me-1940x900_35484.jpg

Matters to a lot of kids.
Didn't mean a GD thing to Shady Sharpe and his people.
Or the Dragon but he did say this

” At the end of the day, defense wins championships, and that's the mentality the entire team is taking. “That’s what it takes to win," Whitney said. "We’re so close, and we talk about winning every day. The rankings came out, we’re the No. 1 team in the country, and we want to hold that spot all year and win a national championship.

these kids are taught to say the right things. Some actually believe it tho. I hope Ugonna is a dog and will do what it takes to win #9. There was a few year stretch where we didn’t have the championship mindset throughout the team. I think we might this year, time will tell

Reactions: Fox2monk
They can’t have both, Karen?

Here’s the thing, you’re acting like you’re making some huge revelation that no one else has noticed before. We are all aware these kids say things they’re taught to say. That’s PR 101. We’re also aware that if these kids had their druthers, they’d rather skip college and go straight to the NBA. Most of us however don’t feel the need to point that out.

Where did i say that, Karen? Read it again.
If you're a competitive basketball player, you're goal is to win.
If you're goal is to win, then by extrapolation, you're goal is to win a championship.
If you're goal is to win a championship and you're playing for UK, then you're goal is to win a championship for UK.

I believe what he says is true.

Reactions: downthehatch
Ugonna may only have one goal at UK, but it won't stop him from leaving Lexington at the end of the season if he doesn't win a title. Even if he is nowhere near ready to make the jump. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ugonna may only have one goal at UK, but it won't stop him from leaving Lexington at the end of the season if he doesn't win a title. Even if he is nowhere near ready to make the jump. Wash, rinse, repeat.
NIL has changed a lot of that; we just returned 6 players, including the NPOY

Pinky promise?

I guess it could happen but I don't expect it to.
I was skeptical about Shady the second it was mentioned he was coming in early. Fishy as hell.

If you're a competitive basketball player, you're goal is to win.
If you're goal is to win, then by extrapolation, you're goal is to win a championship.
If you're goal is to win a championship and you're playing for UK, then you're goal is to win a championship for UK.

I believe what he says is true.
Thats sweet.

They came to UK for a chance to make huge money. Winning is just a bonus, simple as that.

Thats sweet.

They came to UK for a chance to make huge money. Winning is just a bonus, simple as that.
You can't say that. Just look at Bam and Fox after the loss to UNC. Sure it's about them going pro and getting the second contract as fast they can. But that's not the point. You act like kids don't care while they are there. I think Jones came back to win a Championship. It worked. WCS came back to win one. He didn't by no means have to. I do know TyTy was leaning on coming back until the last min. He's group talked him out of it. So yes it's important they get paid. Yes that's #1 now, but kids do really work hard and play for a Championship.

You can't say that. Just look at Bam and Fox after the loss to UNC. Sure it's about them going pro and getting the second contract as fast they can. But that's not the point. You act like kids don't care while they are there. I think Jones came back to win a Championship. It worked. WCS came back to win one. He didn't by no means have to. I do know TyTy was leaning on coming back until the last min. He's group talked him out of it. So yes it's important they get paid. Yes that's #1 now, but kids do really work hard and play for a Championship.
Im not saying they dont want to win a title, they absolutely do, its just not the main goal. The motivation to come to UK is the possibility to make a lot of money...thats the #1 deciding factor.

Bam and Fox were destroyed after that loss. Why? Because they knew a title wasn't the priority, money was, hence the reason why they were so upset because they knew they were gone. Gone to chase money instead of a title. Its why they came to UK, for the money.

You mean they didn't? LOL Although i don't remember hanging around any strip joints.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT