ADVERTISEMENT

U2 concert tonight

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
I have an extra GA ticket if anyone is looking for a ticket. Would have to meet at the stadium to get the ticket as I don't have it yet. I need to go to a kiosk down there to get my tickets. Friend can't go. $85. They are going for $200 on stub hub.

I have an extra GA ticket if anyone is looking for a ticket. Would have to meet at the stadium to get the ticket as I don't have it yet. I need to go to a kiosk down there to get my tickets. Friend can't go. $85. They are going for $200 on stub hub.
Cool, I could use an extry $85 -- but because of your consistent bad takes, I wanna be up front and tell you I'll only take cash. No checks, Glennn.

Do you promise that Bono will be overly condescending and will be a shell of the performer he has been in the past? If so, I'm in. Do you take Bitcoin?
Wait a second, Glenn is charging for the ticket? I thought he was gonna pay somebody to take it off his hands.

I'm out.

Reactions: USSLair
<--------- went to the original Joshua Tree concert at Rupp in 1987, was a hell of a show. Not quite as interested 30 years later though . . .

I have never seen them so I am looking forward to it.

Will be very good. Wife saw them in Italy a few years back and their stadium shows are supposedly one of the best as with Bruce. I thought tix were a tad high, so passing, as I have spent $$$ on concerts already this year with still a few shows to go. Have fun.

<--------- went to the original Joshua Tree concert at Rupp in 1987, was a hell of a show. Not quite as interested 30 years later though . . .

Going to post the exact same thing. IIRC, you and I went together and it was a helluva show. Good times, bro

I didn't have sky-high expectations, but was blown away. The visuals made it incredible.

Amazing those guys can stand at opposite ends of the widest stage I've ever seen - width of a football field - and sound so in sync, while the giant video board tracks along precisely.

Saw them in Lex in '87 on original Joshua Tree tour. I remember it being good but no particular details stand out in my memory.

I'll remember this one for a long time. Just a hell of a production.

I've never paid money to see U2.

I win by default.

On the flip, Royal Blood's new album dropped yesterday. I mean, if you're looking for something other than 80's tweenage bop and something with a little more ass in its pants and much less whining...

The first 3-4 songs I thought the audio was off a little. Guitars and drums sounded good but could hardly make out what Bono was singing. If I didn't know the words to Bloody Sunday or New Years Day I honestly wouldn't have known what he was singing. Luckily they got it worked out.
Visually it was unbelievable. Pictures won't do it justice but the setup was probably the coolest I've ever seen and the production was really well done.

Bullet the Blue Sky
Red Hill Mining Town
In Gods Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill

Were the highlights for me. Bullet the Blue Sky was a point in the show where a lot of people around me left to get beer or piss and they missed a hell of a song.

Got a little political but not as bad as I was expecting.
Overall, hell of a show. Would see again.

Reactions: LeOtis Merriweather
Really enjoyed the show. If I could have made one change I would have flipped the set of songs they played before and after The Joshua Tree. I would have rather got some of the newer stuff that is OK like Beautiful Day and Vertigo out of the way and saved SBS, Pride and New Years Day for the encore. Visually incredible. As for people worried about Bono running off at the mouth, he did get a little preachy at times but it was always done with respect.
setlist

Sleight of hand and twist of fate...

c480x270_47.jpg

Last edited:
I've never paid money to see U2.

I win by default.

On the flip, Royal Blood's new album dropped yesterday. I mean, if you're looking for something other than 80's tweenage bop and something with a little more ass in its pants and much less whining...
Royal Blood is really good, but U2 is too. I really don't understand why people have to be rude to others about music they don't care for. To each their own imo.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Royal Blood is really good, but U2 is too. I really don't understand why people have to be rude to others about music they don't care for. To each their own imo.
It's the Paddock, man. Calm down. You don't think for a second that if I started a fanboi post about my favorite 40-y/o band these asssholes would give me a a pass? LMAO.

I own original first pressings of The Joshua Tree AND Achtung Baby! (their 2 best albums by hundreds of miles). Have had them for a very long time. IMO, they have not aged well. I say this b/c I cannot recall the last time I felt the urge to dig either out to have a listen. I'm not missing anything from them and personally, I'd never pay money to see them now, a shell of their former selves. There also exists a strong possibility that I was listening to U2 before you were even around and I've not only grown tired of the same sound, I've grown tired of Bono's lifelong cry session and can no longer justify funneling that flaky ****er all my money.

Go crazy, bro. It's your money. It's only my opinion.

BTW- the new Royal Blood is just awful. Such a disappointment.

EDIT: Oh yeah, didn't Bono have some less than choice words for Americans after the election? And y'all fall over yourselves to give these folks money?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT