ADVERTISEMENT

U of L sitting at 2-19

Only if it's self inflicted after consuming sphincter reducing sauce...

nRGxTt4.png
See the crack pipe gif you replied to Herro'sHero with was funny shit, this type of stuff is just cringe.

That's NBA talent when you have 2 first round draft picks.

Again, what team didn't have NBA talent and won a championship relatively recently?
Pretty big difference between having 2-3 nba level talent players on your roster vs having a roster full of them which is the initial post you responded too. When has CCC only had two or even 3 NBA level players on his roster of recent time and did anything remotely special with them? Forget the championship as we know that roster was littered with NBA picks including #’s 1 & 2.

Did they all have the same coach logic boy? L E A D B E L L Y ? [laughing]
Why would they need the same coach? If none of them managed to not have losses or stretches without a championship, you're logically inferring they all suck at their craft.

Pretty big difference between having 2-3 nba level talent players on your roster vs having a roster full of them which is the initial post you responded too. When has CCC only had two or even 3 NBA level players on his roster of recent time and did anything remotely special with them? Forget the championship as we know that roster was littered with NBA picks including #’s 1 & 2.
Well, if you read closely...I was actually responding to the inference of Kenny Payne not winning without NBA talent, because he is like Cal, and simply pointing out every title team in the last decade plus have had NBA guys contributing heavily. So it’s not really a Kenny or Cal thing. In fact, most of Cal's successful teams, particularly pre KY, didn't have multiple NBA guys. Usually they had 1 or 2 and then some good college players. They were still often pretty good. Cal has had several UK teams not loaded with NBA talent that were pretty good. His 2nd team for instance. I just don't get the need to make up logically weak arguments.

Well, if you read closely...I was actually responding to the inference of Kenny Payne not winning without NBA talent, because he is like Cal, and simply pointing out every title team in the last decade plus have had NBA guys contributing heavily. So it’s not really a Kenny or Cal thing. In fact, most of Cal's successful teams, particularly pre KY, didn't have multiple NBA guys. Usually they had 1 or 2 and then some good college players. They were still often pretty good. Cal has had several UK teams not loaded with NBA talent that were pretty good. His 2nd team for instance. I just don't get the need to make up logically weak arguments.
Your not staying consistent with your argument however. First you imply no team wins without NBA level talent referencing Kenny Payne only winning 2-3 games thus far. Many teams in the country have much better records with no nba talent on their roster and teams that have beaten Louisville this year. Then immediately jump to winning championships as your argument which moves from one end of the spectrum to another.

Say ut
Cal’s only coaching ability is to load your team with NBA talent and hope they figure it out. His coaching tree has failed miserably across the board because he has nothing to pass on to his assistants that they can use at a head coaching gig.

No NBA talent, no wins for Kenny.
Say it ain’t so!! You have to have good players to win?

Rupp always said that too. Of course he didn’t have to worry about this “modern offense” that doesn’t need good players. 😆

Your not staying consistent with your argument however. First you imply no team wins without NBA level talent referencing Kenny Payne only winning 2-3 games thus far. Many teams in the country have much better records with no nba talent on their roster and teams that have beaten Louisville this year. Then immediately jump to winning championships as your argument which moves from one end of the spectrum to another.
Sure I am. You just don't seem to understand what is being argued.

No teams win championships without NBA talent. That's what winning is in basketball. We aren't arguing about individual games. If that's the case, then Kenny can win without NBA talent, seeing as how you've admitted UL has won 3 games. See how that works? 😉

How many lost to K
Why would they need the same coach? If none of them managed to not have losses or stretches without a championship, you're logically inferring they all suck at their craft.
Nope, just inferring with a mountain of evidence, CCC blows...

Who has done less with more? I'll wait...

How many lost to K

Nope, just inferring with a mountain of evidence, CCC blows...

Who has done less with more? I'll wait...
How many lost what to K?

Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, Steve Alford, Tom Izzo, Rick Barnes, Coach K the latter part of his career and others. Plenty of coaches have amassed talent and have been unsuccessful with it. Talent doesn't always translate to wins or success.

How many lost what to K?

Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, Steve Alford, Tom Izzo, Rick Barnes, Coach K the latter part of his career and others. Plenty of coaches have amassed talent and have been unsuccessful with it. Talent doesn't always translate to wins or success.
Deflect much? [roll]

Who has done less with more?

Who
has had as much talent and produced the least from that top shelf talent?

You already know the answer...

Deflect much? [roll]

Who has done less with more?

Who
has had as much talent and produced the least from that top shelf talent?

You already know the answer...
What was deflected? You asked who has done less with more. I gave you several examples.

All of the one's I listed have performed worse with as much or more talent. Only 1 on that list has won more championships than Cal. Most have won less.

What was deflected? You asked who has done less with more. I gave you several examples.

All of the one's I listed have. Only 1 on that list has won more championships than Cal. Most have won less.
Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, Steve Alford, Tom Izzo, Rick Barnes? [roll]

LOL, you could combine all five and still probably wouldn't have the amount of 5 stars over the same period of time.

Only Ratface could even remotely approach the talent level and he won 2 titles during the exact same time.

Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, Steve Alford, Tom Izzo, Rick Barnes? [roll]

LOL, you could combine all five and still probably wouldn't have the amount of 5 stars over the same period of time.

Only Ratface could even remotely approach the talent level and he won 2 titles during the exact same time.
Doubtful. Most of them have consistently been among the best recruiters in the business. Some were even paying for players. Rick Barnes had Kevin Durant and still lost 10 games and in the 2nd rd of the tournament.

Coach K underachived with his most talented teams. His success came from earlier years with experienced players. It takes a lot more than talent and coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT