ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra wants UL recruits to believe

Caveman Catfan

All-American
Sep 1, 2002
there is a bunch talent on this UL team. The scoreboard lied. Come to UL and play with all the great athletes who rolled-over this year and caved to some of the worst defeats in P5 history.

They were the worst team in a down ACC year. They were outscored on the season 529-237, worst of all P5 schools. Only Oregon State comes close.

Vince is selling lakefront property in the desert to high school kids.

Don’t fall for this charade.

Last edited:
Being a long time UK fan one would think you would understand this sales pitch.

We are no longer what we were and you are no longer what you were, jurich is gone, the win at all costs (and it was VERY expensive) days are probably long gone.

Do you need a refresher on the UK Transfer U score this season?

Being a long time UK fan one would think you would understand this sales pitch.

UK and UL are not recruiting to past teams, but to current talent. UL was blistered mercilessly repeatedly this year and not just by good football teams, like UK. Middle of the pack ACC squads beat them like a drum.

Has any P5 team not named Kansas been out scored that miserably before UL got mashed this year? Seriously, is this the worst of all time? Not even Joker’s last team looked that bad. UL gave up over 500 points!

Maybe, in private Tyra and Satterfield are telling Weaver and others that they can come and start as true freshmen? You may get broken in half, but you start?

Reactions: WildcatofNati
The only thing I need is to know UK FB history and their promising coaching hires over my life time. You are having your greatest FB season in how many years now?

The only thing I need is to know UK FB history and their promising coaching hires over my life time. You are having your greatest FB season in how many years now?

What does that have to do with how bad your roster is? GTech ran for 600 yards on your clown defense. UK had not scored 50 on anyone until they played UL. You made Wake Forests D look like the steel curtain.

Your talent is garbage. Just admit it and life will be much easier.

9-3 and and ranked in the top 15. It’s sweet. And, it’s this year. I will let you live in the past.
I thought we were discussing Tyra's selling the future of U of L? I'm not living in the past but I do remember the past. They might not post on this board but I know there are thousands of LONG suffering UK FB fans and former players that have bought into the future promise. Congratulations on your season and enjoy it for now.

Reactions: Kentucky31
What does that have to do with how bad your roster is? GTech ran for 600 yards on your clown defense. UK had not scored 50 on anyone until they played UL. You made Wake Forests D look like the steel curtain.

Your talent is garbage. Just admit it and life will be much easier.
Did you even read the OP? It was about the AD selling that there is talent on the roster. UK ADs and FB coaches have been doing this for many years. Then BAM it finally happened in 2018. Congratulations!

Did you even read the OP? It was about the AD selling that there is talent on the roster. UK ADs and FB coaches have been doing this for many years. Then BAM it finally happened in 2018. Congratulations!
Hello Histepper. You’re right, It has been along time coming for me, and we finally found a coach that is doing things the right way, by building from the ground up. We have depth at every position now but it took time, and it’s starting to pay of because we develop so well. I really think you guys made an outstanding hire and he will do the same. He’s a good one and will have those kids competing everyday to get better and not let them take short cuts. I hope UofL gives him time to build a good team because I like when all KYs teams represent well. I still want to beat you guys every year until the end of time, haha, but I honestly do hope he does a good job for you. Thanks.

Hello Histepper. You’re right, It has been along time coming for me, and we finally found a coach that is doing things the right way, by building from the ground up. We have depth at every position now but it took time, and it’s starting to pay of because we develop so well. I really think you guys made an outstanding hire and he will do the same. He’s a good one and will have those kids competing everyday to get better and not let them take short cuts. I hope UofL gives him time to build a good team because I like when all KYs teams represent well. I still want to beat you guys every year until the end of time, haha, but I honestly do hope he does a good job for you. Thanks.
Hi Jasun74. I was only trying to reflect on "selling hope." and thought that of all people a long standing UK FB fan would understand that. Maybe they would if it was for a school other than U of L. While not a UK fan I have observed UK FB for over 50 years and I know there has been a lot of hope and promise for the program over the years. I attended and graduated from EKU in the 60's. I hope you have a great Christmas and congratulations on UK's fantastic season. Enjoy the moment because, lol, it can change quickly (the Petrino affect).

Actually all these years UK coaches sold early PT in the sec (basically the opposite of what you're alleging), hopes, and dreams.

Not anymore. Now it's competing for sec titles, coaches developing players into NFL talents.

Just wait till the draft. Gonna see several UK players drafted, some really high. Then it's all going up a notch (or two)

Reactions: bluecoon1
You just stuck a dagger in my heart...NEVER, EVER wish them good luck or be for them being competitive!! Living on Louisville you will never find a U6 fan that wishes that for us. Please take it all back and wish for them to always have 2018 type season!!

Actually all these years UK coaches sold early PT in the sec (basically the opposite of what you're alleging), hopes, and dreams.

Not anymore. Now it's competing for sec titles, coaches developing players into NFL talents.

Just wait till the draft. Gonna see several UK players drafted, some really high. Then it's all going up a notch (or two)
Many U of L players have already experienced what you are saying. I noticed you used the word sold. That sell has not resulted in as many season like 2018. That may be changing. How will UK follow up on its greatest season in many moons.

Tyra is trying to cover his ass for fumbling away Jeff Brohm...

Reactions: Poetax
I did not want Brohm. He's just a younger version of Petrino - all offense. When has Brohm ever hand a team with a national ranking for defense?
Of course you didn't want Brohm. Of course not.

Once upon a time a fox desperately tried, but failed, to reach some grapes that were hanging from a nearby vine. When the fox finally realized that he was not going to have those grapes, he rationalized his failure by telling himself that the grapes were probably sour, anyway. Get it?

I thought we were discussing Tyra's selling the future of U of L? I'm not living in the past but I do remember the past. They might not post on this board but I know there are thousands of LONG suffering UK FB fans and former players that have bought into the future promise. Congratulations on your season and enjoy it for now.

Yeah, well you better fix your seller. Seems you are avoiding the present by wanting UL and UK to live in the past. Thanks for trying Grandpa Vince.

You just stuck a dagger in my heart...NEVER, EVER wish them good luck or be for them being competitive!! Living on Louisville you will never find a U6 fan that wishes that for us. Please take it all back and wish for them to always have 2018 type season!!
Hahahah. Sorry my brother. It has been, TAKEN!!

Why do they both say they came to their decision after talking to Pete Nochta? I’ve never seen anything like that.

Why do they both say they came to their decision after talking to Pete Nochta? I’ve never seen anything like that.
My guess is that they are basically being told to go elsewhere- "recruited over". That's part of life when a new coach comes to town, and I believe that Stoops did the same thing with a few of our Joker commits when he arrived (though he kept several others). But it's odd they would do this when they don't have any new commits at all yet, and only a few players in the whole class.

Reactions: Kentucky31
My guess is that they are basically being told to go elsewhere- "recruited over". That's part of life when a new coach comes to town, and I believe that Stoops did the same thing with a few of our Joker commits when he arrived (though he kept several others). But it's odd they would do this when they don't have any new commits at all yet, and only a few players in the whole class.
Yeah it isn’t like they are short on scholarships.

You guys that make this board your reality frustrate me. I communicate with fans from so many different teams on a daily basis and what team you cheer for is never an issue until we play each other. Then it is fun to talk smack. So many people on this board are totally defined by their UK fandom that they can not enjoy their life around anyone other that fans of the same team. That has to be miserable.

Reactions: HiStepper
Past means nothing. It's about current roster talent. UK futility means absolutely nothing on the field going forward. All that matters is what's your talent level. I like UK and the talent we have.

What does it matter? ul will be looking at losing seasons for awhile.

Reactions: bluecoon1

Just because ul went the way of prison transfers and hookers for success doesn’t mean everyone should.

Reactions: ukalum1988
You guys that make this board your reality frustrate me. I communicate with fans from so many different teams on a daily basis and what team you cheer for is never an issue until we play each other. Then it is fun to talk smack. So many people on this board are totally defined by their UK fandom that they can not enjoy their life around anyone other that fans of the same team. That has to be miserable.

That you find ul fans not disgusting doesn’t show well for you, sorry but ul fans deserve nothing, jmo.

Reactions: Aces Fan
There are 300+ schools with their various fans. Only a few rise to the level of toxic insanity. UNCheat fans with their sanctimony while having no paper classes for 20 years. IUsed2B fans, with their over inflated sense of history. And U6 fans, who somehow manage to combine the two.

Reactions: The-Hack and Poetax

Pete is the heavy giving the bad news that they are not good enough. This is relevant to this discussion, because the same coaches that recruited these young men recruited the current roster. Coach Petrino just did not forget how to coach. A guy does not coach a 9 win season two years ago and then lose that ability. Tyra can talk culture all he wants, but was the culture created by Bobby or recruited by him?

Last edited:
The "culture" I saw vs UK out of U6 was a poorly conditioned, severely undisciplined, selfish bunch more interested in fighting than playing football. What a new coach is facing is a way to counter that and that's a tough task. With so many decommits in his '19 class the coach appears to be on the verge of running off a helluva lot of players which is probably what needs to happen.

Reactions: JDHoss

He can sell it but it’s not true. The roster has some good players but as a whole it’s a dumpster fire abs will take multiple recruiting cycles to get better - and that’s IF your new coach can recruit at this level.

The only thing he should be selling is immediate PT.

Perhaps Jazzerfield is going to bring some guy HE recruited at Appy St. along with him.... Go with what you know kind'a thang

They have 5 recruits coming in right now. I counted 14 seniors that should be leaving. No telling how many transfers they will have....

Next year will be bad for them...new culture and system trying to match with toxic Bobby culture. They won't have any new or good talents in their until fall of 2020...and that'll be a freshman team. They really won't have a decent team until 2021 at the earliest.

there is a bunch talent on this UL team. The scoreboard lied. Come to UL and play with all the great athletes who rolled-over this year and caved to some of the worst defeats in P5 history.

They were the worst team in a down ACC year. They were outscored on the season 529-237, worst of all P5 schools. Only Oregon State comes close.

Who cares?

I mean they have to do something.

One thing for sure. The way Tyra has been going around saying they have all this talent will cause Satterfields halo to turn into a noose pretty quick if U of L doesn't improve a lot next year. Could be Kragthorpe all over again.

Reactions: The-Hack
Many U of L players have already experienced what you are saying. I noticed you used the word sold. That sell has not resulted in as many season like 2018. That may be changing. How will UK follow up on its greatest season in many moons.
Hey Low Stepper how did you enjoy the ass kikking we gave your Uavel thugs. Don’t tell me you are not a Little Brother I can smell you from here Now back under your rock

It's being reported that the Louisville coaches called three players and told them they will no longer honor their scholarship offer

ADVERTISEMENT