ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro

Miami actually had the 20th pick in 2020 and took Precious Achiuwa over Maxey.
Which is insane when you think about it. Then the raptors wouldn’t take Maxey for Lowry straight up (thank god they didn’t) and they took Achiuwa instead. Achiuwa is a fine player but he’s not Maxey. Teams passed up on Maxey twice for him.

Reactions: YouKay
It’s the nba. Trae Young works off of picks 95% of the time. That doesn’t mean he can’t take someone off the dribble.
Which is it now?

if you get a worse defensive player to switch and then you take then off the dribble, that is fine. And I’ll bet Herro won’t be doing that as much as you’re imagining

Which is insane when you think about it. Then the raptors wouldn’t take Maxey for Lowry straight up (thank god they didn’t) and they took Achiuwa instead. Achiuwa is a fine player but he’s not Maxey. Teams passed up on Maxey twice for him.
They just don’t need guards. Went for what they thought was the best big. It did land them Lowry though.

Just did it on back to back plays. Finished with floaters over top of tough defense.
I really don't think people watch thr NBA at all. Herro gets most of his points off the dribble. He is a creator for the offense and is constantly getting by his man with great ball handling and footwork. He has a ton of moves in his offensive arsenal. Also, in the NBA everyone uses screens so I don't know what people are talking about.

I really don't think people watch thr NBA at all. Herro gets most of his points off the dribble. He is a creator for the offense and is constantly getting by his man with great ball handling and footwork. He has a ton of moves in his offensive arsenal. Also, in the NBA everyone uses screens so I don't know what people are talking about.
It’s definitely odd.

Herro had 10 points….again he’s a solid player but pump the brakes in Manu Ginobli comp

He did hit two runners in third qtr but he’s got along way to go to be as deep reportorial as Booker, Manu, etc

Reactions: UK-chulo
Herro had 10 points….again he’s a solid player but pump the brakes in Manu Ginobli comp

He did hit two runners in third qtr but he’s got along way to go to be as deep reportorial as Booker, Manu, etc
Manu had 411 games in which he scored 10 points or fewer. I didn’t say he was as good or as great as Manu. I said they had similar skill sets and are comparable based on context.

Lol you're going to base who he is as a player on one playoff game today? I never compared him to Ginobili btw. But he is way closer to that than Redick.

I'm talking about Manu's contributions to the league and who he was as a player. Not the accolades accumulated because that is an entirely different story. Just what they can do with a basketball.

There have been many players who would have succeeded in that spurs organization with that role. Manu is a hall of famer in the weakest hall of fame in sports. I think Herro could be a 3 time champion, 3 time 6th man of the year, 20 ppg career scorer for the Heat when its all said and done. That wouldn't be surprising.

Love both but manu made the euro the Euro. That's pretty significant

Reactions: UK-chulo
I will always remember that Herro shot vs Houston down 1 in the final seconds to get to the Elite 8.
I’ll always remember him not getting any offense run for him and having to put cal on his back offensively. Man just set some screens for the kid.

Do the dumber basketball fans still refer to him as "a bucket" by any chance? That is as stupid as the old timers referring to every game as "a dandy."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT