ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro working on Zion Williamson and Moses Brown

As if we needed another reason to like Tyler Herro. This kid has swagger.

Yep, I've liked Tyler even before he committed and this just impresses even more. He seems all in with UK and seems to want to help create something special for next year. I think going to be a fun player to watch and maybe become a crowd favorite at Rupp.

Awesomely unselfish and team first behavior.

Success likely means Herro is a lock for the bench but the team is likely to be considerably stronger in the exchange.

It look like young man cares more about winning than his own stats and opportunity to get to dominate the spotlight more, I dig it!

Reactions: On-On-UK
We've needed some of these college oriented guys for a while. Don't think Cal was ever going to to do it until he had to. Hero has only talked about UK, haven't seen anything about the NBA come out of his mouth.

I bet this kid leaves UK with a championship somewhere down the line.

We've needed some of these college oriented guys for a while. Don't think Cal was ever going to to do it until he had to. Hero has only talked about UK, haven't seen anything about the NBA come out of his mouth.

I bet this kid leaves UK with a championship somewhere down the line.

It seems to me Calipari has consistently brought in unselfish, team oriented guys that buy into the program and community regardless if they stay one year or four.

We are on a great run of good behavior, doing great things in the community, and low internal disruption. It also seems we are seeing as many as ever or even better of guys coming back after departing to play, workout, and just be around.

He has also collected a lot of achievers shooting for the top and I see no reason to think Herro isn't among that group as well and also intends to be a champion along with becoming a pro sooner rather than later. Not so different than most we have been fortunate to have come through the program of late.

It seems to me Calipari has consistently brought in unselfish, team oriented guys that buy into the program and community regardless if they stay one year or four.

We are on a great run of good behavior, doing great things in the community, and low internal disruption. It also seems we are seeing as many as ever or even better of guys coming back after departing to play, workout, and just be around.

He has also collected a lot of achievers shooting for the top and I see no reason to think Herro isn't among that group as well and also intends to be a champion along with becoming a pro sooner rather than later. Not so different than most we have been fortunate to have come through the program of late.

We've broughtnin some great men continue program. Been very fortunate to have guys geared toward the NBA give us what they had while here. I just think guys like this mixed with those types is nearly a necessary ingredient right now. And I do not believe Cal offers Herro in the past. I think he's adjusting to the new recruiting climate, which is awesome.

We've broughtnin some great men continue program. Been very fortunate to have guys geared toward the NBA give us what they had while here. I just think guys like this mixed with those types is nearly a necessary ingredient right now. And I do not believe Cal offers Herro in the past. I think he's adjusting to the new recruiting climate, which is awesome.

What is the difference between Herro and Baker (other than Baker shoots a bit better and Herro is more athletic)? Or even Booker and Lamb, really?

None of the four are carbon copies but I'd say it I well within fair to say they are similar type of players aka around 6"5ish (give or take) 4/5 cusp type guys (Baker deeper into the 4 star ranks) that are solid athletes not known for great defense but are sharpshooters that one would expect going into their freshman season that they would play multiple years even at Kentucky.

Cal has been bringing in this kind of guy since his second class. He hasn't landed one every year but we've had a few. Add the likes of Murray and Monk (neither physically optimal for a two and Murray no otherworldly athlete) the no premium on shooting argument seems overstated some.

That and trying to feign a position that good ol Herro doesn't care about the NBA (hilariously absurd) won't be entering the draft if he shows out and is a lottery pick like some of those guys I mentioned earlier or even a Luke Kennard or any top talent with some swagger.

Herro has a professional demeanor and I hope he does some big things for himself and UK. Bet he is running the team as a leader and starter in the next couple of years. I love kids like this dedicated and leads by example.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
IMG_0904.png

Look at that lift and form. Kid is gonna bury some big 3's at UK.

Reactions: Stonewall12
What is the difference between Herro and Baker (other than Baker shoots a bit better and Herro is more athletic)? Or even Booker and Lamb, really?

None of the four are carbon copies but I'd say it I well within fair to say they are similar type of players aka around 6"5ish (give or take) 4/5 cusp type guys (Baker deeper into the 4 star ranks) that are solid athletes not known for great defense but are sharpshooters that one would expect going into their freshman season that they would play multiple years even at Kentucky.

Cal has been bringing in this kind of guy since his second class. He hasn't landed one every year but we've had a few. Add the likes of Murray and Monk (neither physically optimal for a two and Murray no otherworldly athlete) the no premium on shooting argument seems overstated some.

That and trying to feign a position that good ol Herro doesn't care about the NBA (hilariously absurd) won't be entering the draft if he shows out and is a lottery pick like some of those guys I mentioned earlier or even a Luke Kennard or any top talent with some swagger.

Baker was brought in during this recruiting climate, Lamb was able to get to the rim and was one of the best finishers I've seen at UK. That's not this recruiting climate and not what Herro is known for. So there's your difference.

Monk was an athlete. Again, not the same in the least.

Cal has always recruited athletes first and skills second. If yo want to argue thats incorrect, we don't have anything to talk about because we wont find agreement. If he could get someone who had both he would, but he definitely has a preference there.

Wish Cal would encourage them to come back "before" departing to play. Fringe first rounders leaving is a problem that other, more elite coaches (K, Williams), don't seem to have. And they have the titles to prove the importance of those types coming back. I too think Cal has realized this and is adjusting his recruiting for it. Simply put, no team with all freshmen has ever won the title, and its not because its rarely been tried.

Mark my words, Cal will never win another title until he builds a team similar to what he had in 2012; balance of talent and experience.

ADVERTISEMENT