ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Ty to Houston

I think this is an example where one and done really hurt a kid in the draft. If he could have gone straight from high school, he would have been drafted a lot higher. I know its not going away, but I will always hate it.

I thought he might go a little higher because he IMO can play PG or off guard. Hope he does well in the NBA.

Reactions: chroix
I think this is an example where one and done really hurt a kid in the draft. If he could have gone straight from high school, he would have been drafted a lot higher. I know its not going away, but I will always hate it.
Nor should it go away. I’d persibslky like to see two years if not 3. If he was good enough to go higher then he would have proven it this year. A 2nd year might have proven his case to be drafted higher. You never know.

Reactions: westerncat
Ty is injury prone. He’s rough on his body because he’s not super durable but plays extremely hard. Teams were hesitant because of that I’d bet anything.

Loved him at UK when healthy. Don’t care about the NBA aside from some UK recognition but Ty should have come back and tried to play brawling for a year and he probably would have gone top 15

I can't believe that Chandler wasn't picked before Washington. He was a scoring machine.

Reactions: K_TIME
I thought he might go a little higher because he IMO can play PG or off guard. Hope he does well in the NBA.
While I don't like it, this is clearly why Sharpe didn't play. Ty Ty played, got hurt, and showed that he is vulnerable to injury. Sharpe never showed any weakness (never showed any strength either), but this is why he didn't play. If I was advising my son or grandson, based upon the spreadsheet that was posted earlier on what high draft picks make, I would have advised him to do exactly what Sharpe did. I don't like it for college sports, but for making money, it is hard to argue against.

While I don't like it, this is clearly why Sharpe didn't play. Ty Ty played, got hurt, and showed that he is vulnerable to injury. Sharpe never showed any weakness (never showed any strength either), but this is why he didn't play. If I was advising my son or grandson, based upon the spreadsheet that was posted earlier on what high draft picks make, I would have advised him to do exactly what Sharpe did. I don't like it for college sports, but for making money, it is hard to argue against.

Amazing the era we’re in. Don’t risk any thing. Don’t do anything. Makes guys like Jordan and Brud and Ewing legends these dudes will never reach.

can’t think of a true player on Earth that doesn’t want to get out there and compete. Any player that sits out to avoid injury is not a competitor in my book.

Sure hate saying "ta ta" to TyTy, but he's gonna' do great things in the NBA and will represent UK well!

Congratulations to Mr. Washington and Mr. Sharpe ... our TWO first rounders!

Sure hate saying "ta ta" to TyTy, but he's gonna' do great things in the NBA and will represent UK well!

Congratulations to Mr. Washington and Mr. Sharpe ... our TWO first rounders!
Ingrates to Tyty. Sharpe can suck a railroad spike.

I only wish Sharpe good health. Nothing more

Wall will help him just for the UK brand he has, but I'm certain Wall wants to be out of H town and the contract is gonna have to keep him a Rocket whether he likes it or not. Ty Ty will have to be mentally ready also because the rookie year with a team that has zero interest in winning is toxic. You have to work for that second contract and when u spend 3 years playing in front of nobody it's hard to give a shit.

The scouts may be paid professionals but I’m fully inclined to disagree with their assessments. The fact of the matter is someone like Chandler is a better player than half the guys taken before him

Only problem is they’re usually privy to information we don’t have. I’m thinking there’s more to it because he’s simply better, without question, than many taken before him.

Reactions: CowboyGumBoots
You just answered the question of why Sharpe didn't play

True.

I wouldn’t count on that. Who’s gonna trade for that contract?

Houston spent all last season desperately trying to unload Wall, but they couldn’t find anyone willing to take him. Has that changed?

He just opted in for 1 year, $47 million.

Gonna be awful hard to get rid of him.
I didn't say they would trade him, as there's another option called a buyout.

1. Kennedy Chandler was solidly a superior player today and long term vs. TyTy and they play the same position. 14 pts a game, 50%FG and 38%3pt...4.7 ass vs. 2.0 TO for Kennedy. TyTy by comparison 12 pts a game, 49%FG, 35%3pt. About the only advantage I give TyTy....he's 2 inches taller. Chandler lands at Memphis....so he'll get plenty of time to grow behind Murant....but Murant is a franchise PG and so the long term future is murky for Chandlery.
2. Keels is a hard call. Prototype SG body but is woefully lacking as a shooter....and TyTy is a NBA PG...so I cant' make a call either way if Keels is a better NBA pick or not vs. TyTy
3. Hardy.....impossible to compare these Gleauge practice guys vs. a guy that went thru a college grind of a season.

Jalen Green will be a big sign of G league is a good idea or not. But so far, college kids appear to get better slot vs. G league guys on the whole.

That’s a lot of money even for an NBA team ti shell out at once.
They won't have to shell it all out. Wall's agent and the Rockets will negotiate on what portion of his contract will need to be forfeited to set him free. Take Blake Griffin for example, he gave up $13.3 million in his buyout with the Pistons.

Reactions: BBUK and bbncal02
They won't have to shell it all out. Wall's agent and the Rockets will negotiate on what portion of his contract will need to be forfeited to set him free. Take Blake Griffin for example, he gave up $13.3 million in his buyout with the Pistons.
Wall has already made it clear he wants every penny he is owed. It's why they couldn't get rid of him last season.

ADVERTISEMENT