ADVERTISEMENT

Two Year's . . . Two Bowls . . . and I Still Don't Hate Iowa!

I will wait until after the game to decide how I feel about Iowa fans. Waving to hospitalized kids every home game makes them hard to hate, but I won’t underestimate my ability to hate sports fans merely by that fact.

I will wait until after the game to decide how I feel about Iowa fans. Waving to hospitalized kids every home game makes them hard to hate, but I won’t underestimate my ability to hate sports fans merely by that fact.
Every fan base has their A holes, hopefully the good out numbers the A holes and I think for Iowa that is the case but we have some for sure ... Great post OP, lol. After finding more out about UK football (last year), I found myself rooting for you guys ... of course Stoops helps that case but overall I like your program.

Basketball is a little harder since you guys have been a blue blood forever, but football there is a lot to root for. Go Hawks and Go Cats (after the Bowl game).

Reactions: THE_OAK
Bring up Tyler Ulis to an Iowa fan and you will.
No, we are okay with that. Sucks we lost him. We are getting used to being the bridesmaid. Ulis, Flipkowski at Duke, Amiqa at Texas Tech are the most recent.

His brother, Ahron, is our starting pg right now. Let's just say he isn't Tyler so far. I think most of us are excited about his potential as he still has time to develop but is struggling to find his stroke.

If you REALLY want to get us going. Talk about CJ Fredrick or his uncle.

I dont like them.

Nobody in the history of sports likes them. In our finale, that was a total crap fest, a lady next to me was vaping and blowing it in my 4 year old's face. Another was screaming all game long. They are a loyal fanbase but they try to take over other stadiums all the time. So stupid. I am still so bitter that we lost to those turds ending our winning streak and blowing a chance at the Big Ten Title game. (Not that we would have won but we only lost by 10 against Michigan earlier in the year).

Now, on to the other things. I am shocked that @The-Hack didn't see drunk Iowa fans. Our base is usually out and about with that. We aren't usually hateful towards any fanbases in general.
The teams/fans that we DO hate the most:
1. Nebraska
2. Iowa (yes, we are fickle and very bitter right now in all sports. Our fans even boo our own team. It's dumb.)
3. Iowa St.
4. Minnesota and Wisconsin but they are down the list.

Like many, we aren't huge fans of Ohio St. Michigan fans can be arrogant but we have actually had the better of them the last 20 years. Everyone else is fineish. As pointed out, every fan base has losers.

I don't think anyone dislikes Kentucky here. Many like Stoops but do not like Coach Cal.

Here's to a good game this weekend. We are very much looking forward to watching our 3rd/4th string QB (that is not sarcasm). We have about 3 total scholarship receivers left so wait until you see our 3 TE packages. Our offensive line is so so so bad. You will literally run past like running through air. Our defense is nails. Our starting safety is sitting out but we have a 4* in state kid who will probably start over him. Most others will be playing.

We have been hit hard by the portal and lost our in state 5* OL to Alabama at the last second. Most of the rumors are that he wanted to be at Iowa and mom wanted a fat bag. His statements after leaving were brutal to read.

Only Big Ten teams I really dislike are Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan. I have an incredible disdain toward all 3 of those programs. Otherwise, I have no real issues with anyone else in the Big Ten.
Wait, you don't have problems with Indiana?

No, we are okay with that. Sucks we lost him. We are getting used to being the bridesmaid. Ulis, Flipkowski at Duke, Amiqa at Texas Tech are the most recent.

His brother, Ahron, is our starting pg right now. Let's just say he isn't Tyler so far. I think most of us are excited about his potential as he still has time to develop but is struggling to find his stroke.

Nobody in the history of sports likes them. In our finale, that was a total crap fest, a lady next to me was vaping and blowing it in my 4 year old's face. Another was screaming all game long. They are a loyal fanbase but they try to take over other stadiums all the time. So stupid. I am still so bitter that we lost to those turds ending our winning streak and blowing a chance at the Big Ten Title game. (Not that we would have won but we only lost by 10 against Michigan earlier in the year).

Now, on to the other things. I am shocked that @The-Hack didn't see drunk Iowa fans. Our base is usually out and about with that. We aren't usually hateful towards any fanbases in general.
1. Nebraska
2. Iowa (yes, we are fickle and very bitter right now in all sports. Our fans even boo our own team. It's dumb.)
3. Iowa St.

Like many, we aren't huge fans of Ohio St. Michigan fans can be arrogant but we have actually had the better of them the last 20 years. Everyone else is fineish. As pointed out, every fan base has losers.

I don't think anyone dislikes Kentucky here. Many like Stoops but do not like Coach Cal.

Here's to a good game this weekend. We are very much looking forward to watching our 3rd/4th string QB (that is not sarcasm). We have about 3 total scholarship receivers left so wait until you see our 3 TE packages. Our offensive line is so so so bad. You will literally run past like running through air. Our defense is nails. Our starting safety is sitting out but we have a 4* in state kid who will probably start over him. Most others will be playing.

We have been hit hard by the portal and lost our in state 5* OL to Alabama at the last second. Most of the rumors are that he wanted to be at Iowa and mom wanted a fat bag. His statements after leaving were brutal to read.
Two comments from a fellow Hawk:

1) The Ulis at Iowa currently is terrible offensively and won't be even 10% of what his brother was at Kentucky.

2) Iowa has been hit by the portal? Say what? Our "net gain" so far with getting McNamara and All from Michigan beats the loss of Jacobs to Oregon and Johnson to Kansas State. Iowa has really had no others in the portal who are significant losses...and no, Arland Bruce is no significant loss.

Sounds like the way most Kentucky fans feel.
Yeah, and I'm not trying to be critical because obviously I root for you guys now when not playing Iowa, but UK is getting every dollar of its investment in Stoops but I feel is being fleeced in recent years by the $$$$$ you are paying to Calipari. From afar, many of us ask, "What the f--- has been going on with UK basketball?" You dudes should be right in the hunt every other year for the Final Four at minimum.

"What the f--- has been going on with UK basketball?"
Yeah, that’s the question down, here.

I tuned UK roundball out three years, ago. Don’t even watch tourney games.

Cal loves to give interviews to piss us off: “People tell me I need to win, win, win, but I have a far higher purpose.”

WTF?

Reactions: rucker4
Yeah, that’s the question down, here.

I tuned UK roundball out three years, ago. Don’t even watch tourney games.

Cal loves to give interviews to piss us off: “People tell me I need to win, win, win, but I have a far higher purpose.”

WTF?
He's just fleecing your money.

Two comments from a fellow Hawk:

1) The Ulis at Iowa currently is terrible offensively and won't be even 10% of what his brother was at Kentucky.

2) Iowa has been hit by the portal? Say what? Our "net gain" so far with getting McNamara and All from Michigan beats the loss of Jacobs to Oregon and Johnson to Kansas State. Iowa has really had no others in the portal who are significant losses...and no, Arland Bruce is no significant loss.
That may be true, but Keagan Johnson was. And Iowa has been tissue paper thin at WR all year long.

1. Nebraska
3. Iowa St.

Funny you mention Cal. About midway through Q2 an Iowa fan behind as loud as he could absolutely went nuts verbally on Coach Cal out of nowhere. Literally saying things way over the line. Even the guys with him looked at him like WTF are you doing ???
Another fan got in his ear and his slipped away , never returned. Just very random.

Maybe ditch the "blond family" routine. Perhaps, you were mistaking a Utah family?
The thing that stood out to me the most was neither dimples not blonde hair.

It was that (they said) they were really Iowa State fans.

The chances of ever seeing a Louisville fan “tag along” to cheer for Kentucky, or visa-versa, is damn near nil.

Utah family?

Utah would have to make a Florida Bowl for this to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT