ADVERTISEMENT

Two Baylor football players suspended after sexual assault allegations

Did Art Briles recruit exclusively in Juvie Hall and prison? Lot of serious crimes have gone on at Baylor with many of his players. Shameful

I do not condone this behavior at all, but Honestly, in our current culture, this reminds me that I would not want to keep tabs on 100+ male college students.

First - many athletes feel entitled and have little to no respect and/or value for women.

Second - it is too easy for coaches and administrations to be blamed for the actions of what should be grown men

Third - If females make false accusations, the media/social media crucifies anyone they can without proper facts.

I do not condone this behavior at all, but Honestly, in our current culture, this reminds me that I would not want to keep tabs on 100+ male college students.

First - many athletes feel entitled and have little to no respect and/or value for women.

Second - it is too easy for coaches and administrations to be blamed for the actions of what should be grown men

Third - If females make false accusations, the media/social media crucifies anyone they can without proper facts.

First. I call bullshit on that. Those are in the vast minority.

Secondly, most of the kids doing this probably weren't upstanding citizens in high school yet some coaches just don't care.

Third, VERY few accusations are false compared to the actual crimes, not to mention the one that are NEVER reported.

Reactions: football follies

Secondly, most of the kids doing this probably weren't upstanding citizens in high school yet some coaches just don't care.

Third, VERY few accusations are false compared to the actual crimes, not to mention the one that are NEVER reported.

After re-reading my post, I realize my post doesn't really articulate what I was trying to say. Please allow me to better elaborate.

In general, men in our culture do not value women as highly as I think they should. I don't mean equality in jobs, etc., but I just mean men don't cherish/protect women as they should. Bottom line, when men don't act as men should, society suffers. As a father of both a son and a daughter, this saddens me.

Secondly, most of the kids doing this probably weren't upstanding citizens in high school yet some coaches just don't care. Third, VERY few accusations are false compared to the actual crimes, not to mention the one that are NEVER reported.

I don't disagree with these statements at all. However, my intended statement was in regard to the knee-jerk reaction that many cry guilty without evidence (former UK player Lloyd Tubman, for example). However, I fully believe that any coach/administration should face full criminal prosecution if they in any way, shape, of form acted to cover up an assault.

Bottom line, I just don't envy anyone being held responsible for the actions of 100+ male college athletes.

I'm not surprised by this in the slightest, that program needs the death penalty

First, the number of athletes committing these crimes are in the vast minority, not at all sure how legit the Tubman he say she say accusations were, but at UK you get hanged by the accusation. At Thug U they use public funds to buy off the victims and no one hears anything about it again.

Secondly, too true for comfort. I think UK is pretty good there, but maybe just lucky, who knows.

Third, not too sure how true your VERY few accusations is, LOTS of money in sports now, anyone know how much the FSU QB threw at his accuser, nope, part of the settlement, he had millions to throw. BIG change in the attitude towards women that accuse someone of rape, more people aware they are the victim and not the bad person-----in MOST cases. And I don't think the QB is a good example of someone wrongfully accused, just that I think it can occur occasionally.

Any one know what happened to Tubman, no due process there in the Kangaroo court IMO, who knows for sure, he sounded VERY promising to me, would have been a four year star at Thug U or Transfer U if the same thing happened either place, IMO. Was injured when he played against UK IIRC.

UK is the biggest scaredy cat in the NCAA, not much doubt in my mind.

Gonna go do something constructive, watching the UK-Indiana softball game on the SEC network, UK leading 15-0 after 3 innings, trying to make up for the Florida debacle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost In FL
Baylor sure didn't need this with all that has gone on there. It seems obvious they are willing to take chances with kids who are higher risk. UGA has had its share of kids find trouble over the years, but any kind of sexual or domestic assault sends them packing. Just last year a signee in the 17 class came to Athens with his girlfriend, he smacked her, we released him from his LOI and told him to find another place. Coaches can't bandit 120 kids 24 7, but when something happens you better deal with it.

ADVERTISEMENT