ADVERTISEMENT

Twitterverse destroying Lavar Ball

The only Balls having a worse day than Lavar and Lonzo:

e07570a8f8f21254b096655bed34cc26.jpg

LaVar wrote checks that bounced like his son getting bounced from the tournament.

If the initial report was true about his wife's illness last week I'm sure this will be the time that LaAss pulls the "I couldn't be there for Lonzo I was home taking care of my ill wife" card to deflect from his big mouth and attempt to garner sympathy.

Reactions: brianpoe
I did hear Lonzo say "my dad has always been like this, I grew up with it, I'm used to it, you guys are just seeing for the first time"

While Lavar bothers me, he is making pretty good jack just marketing his sons and a brand. And Lonzo for the most part has quietly and modestly delivered on his dad's boasting. The Ball brand may go quiet for a couple of years, but for his efforts I suspect he's easily brought in 6, maybe 7 figures.

After watching a few minutes of that Stephen A. Smith think, (I couldn't watch it for much longer than that), I came away thinking Lavar is just a carnival barker who realizes that coaches aren't the only ones that can make some serious money in this game.

You know...that is an interesting question. Another one would be, would we want him? I can't see Calipari every recruiting a kid with a parent like that.

I don't think either are good enough to even be considered by Cal. I think their UCLA ride was tied to getting Lonzo and orchestrated by their nutjob dad. What WILL be interesting to see is if Alford stays he honors those offers or if he goes the next guy wants the Ball sideshow headache.

Roy Williams
If I could link I would show Kurt Russell(Wyatt Earp) in movie tombstone after knocking of his first cowboy to avenge his brothers death and holding up the number one with his finger. UNC shouldn't even be competing add to that they are the media darling right behind Duke, this should be reason enough. Lets just hope lightning(Monk) can strike twice in the same place.

Reactions: Bryo72
Lavar Ball a great role model but only in a negative way. Like an intelligent son who has a father who was/is a drunk. The son usually stays away from alcohol/drugs.

Lavon seems to have taken that lesson to heart. He seems to have good character unlike his nut case father.

Lonzo had the pressure of backing up daddy's mouth.will NBA GM's want to put up with the distraction when Lonzo gets on a crap team. He ain't Steph Curry.

Dude is a combination marketer and egomaniac. He's probably happier with the continued attention than his son's NCAA career living another day.

Your correct, it was very little about his son and more about that loud mouth prick

He was saying that Herby was racist for cheering against Lavar Ball...and that he wouldn't be cheering for UK if Lavar was white. Herby's response was perfect. "I feel sorry for you."

Well... That's certainly stupid.
Race has nothing to do with Lavar Ball being insufferable.

ADVERTISEMENT