ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter reaction to Mitchell becoming a Cat’

DJ Wagner Robert Dillingham Antonio Reeves Justin Edwards Tre Mitchell Aaron Bradshaw Ugo Onyenso --------------------- Reed Sheppard Jordan Burks

Very suspect front court light and 3 man rotation at the 4 and 5 will end the same as when cal only recruited 3 guards and wore them into the ground

I am glad that he is coming but the bottom line is Cal is still the coach. No one thought he could screw up 2015 but he did. Proof is in the pudding. You don’t get national titles for the best recruiting class.
The Cal haters can't help themselves. They always have to post negativity on this forum. They ignore any positive news about UK. They talk about the coach as if he's the worst coach in college basketball. They act like they don't know that the man has won one NCAA championship and has coached in 2 other national championship games.
They also ignore the fact that he is in the Hall-of-Fame. They are simply blinded by totally irrational hatred. Go kick rocks with all of your doom-and-gloom nonsense!

The Cal haters can't help themselves. They always have to post negativity on this forum. They ignore any positive news about UK. They talk about the coach as if he's the worst coach in college basketball. They act like they don't know that the man has won one NCAA championship and has coached in 2 other national championship games.
They also ignore the fact that he is in the Hall-of-Fame. They are simply blinded by totally irrational hatred. Go kick rocks with all of your doom-and-gloom nonsense!
The Cal haters are something aren’t they?

Finally we agree on something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I am glad that he is coming but the bottom line is Cal is still the coach. No one thought he could screw up 2015 but he did. Proof is in the pudding. You don’t get national titles for the best recruiting class.
Yeah 38-0 wasn't Cals fault either was it ? When you get into the Final 4 anything can and does happen. Ask UNLV with Augman and Larry Johnson, and the rest of that one of the greatest teams ever. They lost ONE game also. Ask Phi Slamma Jamma , another great team lost to near .500 NC State. Ask Georgetown when Nova beat them. It's tough to win it all. Yiu know we only have 8 right ? How many in the modern Era? So don't put ALL that bs on Cal. Players are responsible at some point and time. Funny you didn't mention any of the features coaching jobs he did ??? Hmmmm. Ironic huh ?

Yeah 38-0 wasn't Cals fault either was it ? When you get into the Final 4 anything can and does happen. Ask UNLV with Augman and Larry Johnson, and the rest of that one of the greatest teams ever. They lost ONE game also. Ask Phi Slamma Jamma , another great team lost to near .500 NC State. Ask Georgetown when Nova beat them. It's tough to win it all. Yiu know we only have 8 right ? How many in the modern Era? So don't put ALL that bs on Cal. Players are responsible at some point and time. Funny you didn't mention any of the features coaching jobs he did ??? Hmmmm. Ironic huh ?
Hey pards. When u have a team that is head and shoulders better than any other team, you should win it all. The teams you mentioned were so much better than any in the past 20 years, that you can’t compare. In 2015 when the sec started we struggled to score. Cal abandoned the platoon and he coached tighter than a bulls ass in fly season. No scouting, no film study etc. What don’t you Cal slurpers understand? The NCAA title is very hard to win, but this effing moron should have 4,titles at UK if he had any kind of in game coaching skill. He has done less with more than any coach. Let me just put it this way to you worshippers. If by some fluke of nature we made it to the final 4 this year or even win it, I would want him gone and start fresh with a new coach next year. Most sensible fans would agree. His time has passed.

Dude just stop. Cal had the number 1 team in the country in his starting line up. Then he had the number 2 team in the country subbing them out.

It is embarrassing that he lost a single game with that team. You can talk statistics up and down and the rate of failure in top teams to win it all all day long. But at the end of the day that team should have won the title and didn’t. Cal shouldn’t have called for stall ball and he shouldn’t have lost that game.

The title is so hard to win that 3 schools have won half of the championships during Cals tenure. Uconn (3), Duke (2), Villanova (2). Cal can’t coach for shit dude. He is so damn clueless on the sidelines it’s actually quite funny to watch. Love how the cal worshippers continue to take up for him though.

Here they come...the Debbie Downers and the Negative Nancy's...."Oh my gosh!!! Some positive things people are saying about the program! Hurry, let's drum up some idiotic negative nonsense about the program to try to make myself look good..."

You can count on the same drama queen posters to reveal themselves.

The title is so hard to win that 3 schools have won half of the championships during Cals tenure. Uconn (3), Duke (2), Villanova (2). Cal can’t coach for shit dude. He is so damn clueless on the sidelines it’s actually quite funny to watch. Love how the cal worshippers continue to take up for him though.
Yep, if @cats2010 was coaching we would all be wowed with his basketball brilliance and we would have won many more national titles.

and "Cal can't coach" all the way to the Hall of Fame my man

Your anger is not the strength that you think it is. Anger and negativity is almost always a weakness. But keep letting your emotions run your posting.

Yep, if @cats2010 was coaching we would all be wowed with his basketball brilliance and we would have won many more national titles.

and "Cal can't coach" all the way to the Hall of Fame my man

Your anger is not the strength that you think it is. Anger and negativity is almost always a weakness. But keep letting your emotions run your posting.
Anger was a long time ago, like 2015, watching a coach fail to win with 8 NBA players on his roster. It’s more apathy now like the last two years of tubby. The fact cal is in the hall of fame is more of a reflection on the substandard requirements for inclusion than it is for Cals accolades. Your effort to post shame me has fallen on deaf ears but you keep doing you. I know you felt proud of it after hitting the “post reply” button. I just 😂

Cal gets credit for assembling his super teams but we have seen how poor he does with an average squad.

some people need the hate to feel satisfied.
reminds me of Powers Booth...

iu

Reactions: Seakat311
Damn straight. Really sick of hearing how much 2015 was a choke job. If you didn't look at that bracket and get scared of the potential Wisconsin matchup you had blue tinted glasses on. They were a great team and the only team I felt could beat us. To act like going 38-0 and then losing a close game in the Final Four to another 1 seed is somehow choking is a ridiculous opinion that completely ignores the realities of the NCAA tournament. The line for that game was UK -5, it's not like that team lost to a 12 seed in the Final Four.

I bet you think how poorly this transfer portal season went for Cal was "just a weird portal", huh? Anything can and does happen, with MID MAJOR PROGRAMS. Those programs could always rise to the occasion or fail just as easily. Elite programs rise to the occasion, period. Cal is not an elite coach. And if it weren't for his assistants, this off-season would have been far worse.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Are you saying UCONN has won three titles in Cals 11 years here ? Is that what I'm reading ?

The Cal haters can't help themselves. They always have to post negativity on this forum. They ignore any positive news about UK. They talk about the coach as if he's the worst coach in college basketball. They act like they don't know that the man has won one NCAA championship and has coached in 2 other national championship games. They also ignore the fact that he is in the Hall-of-Fame. They are simply blinded by totally irrational hatred. Go kick rocks with all of your doom-and-gloom nonsense.
And you ignore the last 4 seasons and blunders that have cost at least two other national titles.

Say what you want about Cal and his coaching ability but some of you guys have to learn to move on. Being so butt hurt about losses 8, 9, 10 years ago is just bizarre.

The 2015 loss was one of the worst nights of my life. Didn't care about sports for months. But that was over 8 years ago. Cal could have done some things differently that night but he also won 38 straight. Either way, I am not gonna whine on a message board about it for years of my life.

Over time and in hindsight Cal takes all the blame for every loss but for every coaching mistake there are also players dropping the ball. I am thrilled we got Reeves back but the dude is also the absolute main reason we lost to Kansas St. Full stop. He lost us the game by going 1-15 while the rest the team shot 25-48. I'm not angry with him about it. I have moved on. You know, the healthy well-adjusted thing to do?

This is all coming from someone who believes this should be Cal's last year but I am sure I'll be labeled a Cal worshipper or whatever you nut jobs label people who aren't frothing at the mouth angry all the time.

I see a bunch of Calipari nuthuggers are back puffed up and thumping their chests because Reeves and Mitchell are on the roster. That's great and all but, at the end of the day Calipari is still the coach, still running a antiquated system, still refusing to run out of bounds plays, still mishandling substitutions, refusing to call timeouts etc. etc. etc.
So, other than the roster, what has changed?

Are you saying UCONN has won three titles in Cals 11 years here ? Is that what I'm reading ?
Yep they have. With THREE different coaches.

They are the new money for sure, but with the success of their women's program? They my be the best place for basketball in the country if they continue to be successful.

There was no NCAA Tournanent in 2020. That UK team was talented enough to contend for the title. The team has suffered from a lack of elite talent and has been hurt by injuries during the last 3 years.
There is no team in the country besides Duke who has has more talent than Kentucky over the last 3 years. Cal just has to have more talent, by a wide margin, to win the way he needs to at Kentucky. And he may have it this year, I sincerely hope he does.

Hey pards. When u have a team that is head and shoulders better than any other team, you should win it all. The teams you mentioned were so much better than any in the past 20 years, that you can’t compare. In 2015 when the sec started we struggled to score. Cal abandoned the platoon and he coached tighter than a bulls ass in fly season. No scouting, no film study etc. What don’t you Cal slurpers understand? The NCAA title is very hard to win, but this effing moron should have 4,titles at UK if he had any kind of in game coaching skill. He has done less with more than any coach. Let me just put it this way to you worshippers. If by some fluke of nature we made it to the final 4 this year or even win it, I would want him gone and start fresh with a new coach next year. Most sensible fans would agree. His time has passed.
If Cal wins it all this year there is nothing reasonable about wanting him gone. This might just be hyperbole but it truly borders on deranged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT