ADVERTISEMENT

TV speakers for other rooms

JLoad22

Junior
Apr 18, 2022
Sorry for the question, but thought I'd see what some had to say about this.

So I have an in home system that's not working and hasn't worked for a while. They said it seems to be a wiring problem in the wall. I don't want to fool with it.

I just want to be able to listen to my TV when I go to the kitchen. Anyone know of a good product to solve my problem? I have a newer (3 years) Samsung smart TV and was wondering if there's some type of bluetooth device or something that I could plug into a port on the TV and then have some speakers that I could put in the kitchen that connect via blue tooth or whatever?

Thanks for any and all comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smashcat
Air pods? If you just want to be able to listen yourself if you leave the room. If my kids were home I’d ask them. They are my technical advisors.

. . . will also listen to mentally stable adults here that might have good info to offer.

I would like to know, though, how I retired in my early 40's if I'm as dumb as you want to believe?
Gentlemen of substantial means like you are always welcome here in Le Paddock, good sir. That funKYcat character is a bit of a rapscallion, so pay him no mind.

Anyway, given your means, I'd suggest selling the hovel with the faulty sound system. Why ever are you residing there in the first place? Perhaps you're attempting to understand how the less fortunate live? Surely, you have many other estates to which you could relocate that do not suffer such inadequacies.

Alternatively, you could demolish the hovel and build a new mansion in the same locale that's befitting of a man of your stature, complete with the latest in wireless technology, including the latest Bluetooth.

Gentlemen of substantial means like you are always welcome here in Le Paddock, good sir. That funKYcat character is a bit of a rapscallion, so pay him no mind.

Anyway, given your means, I'd suggest selling the hovel with the faulty sound system. Why ever are you residing there in the first place? Perhaps you're attempting to understand how the less fortunate live? Surely, you have many other estates to which you could relocate that do not suffer such inadequacies.

Alternatively, you could demolish the hovel and build a new mansion in the same locale that's befitting of a man of your stature, complete with the latest in wireless technology, including the latest Bluetooth.

I live in the Castle on Versailles road. Been squatting here for several years. Not really looking to demolish the place.

Your needs call for a "smart system" setup.. so a BOSE or Sonos system where you can setup speakers in other rooms and link them together. The setup is meant to be very painless, can be put anywhere, lots of sizes and options... the only thing you sacrifice is getting the real audiophile experience and quality.. but that sort of stuff is for audiophiles and people with money to burn.

Just an easier option.. opposed to dumb speakers that you have to turn on and off or running a ton of wires around the house.

If you got means buy a sonos

If your TV has Bluetooth simply put ear phones in or you can even program alexa if you know what your doing.

Ot just put an effin TV in the kitchen

Boomer thread

It’s harsh to think other people might have more knowledge so they could help, but you get a bunch of demeaning responses. It’s not funny. It’s just puny. People living sad lives.

Either bluetooth headphones or a simple bluetooth speaker like the $50 Exogear at Costco should sufffice. The smart TV does the heavy lifting although the range could give you issues.

what-lil-jon.gif

It’s harsh to think other people might have more knowledge so they could help, but you get a bunch of demeaning responses. It’s not funny. It’s just puny. People living sad lives.
Agree. No worries. Made it super easy to put those dorks on ignore. Getting at people on the internet is their substitute for sex, LOL! A couple of interenstig responses, though, and will check them out before committing to BOSE.

As a filthy rich aristocrat like the OP myself, I’ve found the Amazon Alexa and echo to be a very easy, small footprint device that can deliver which ever audio you desire, simply by the sound of your own voice. It is also a device that can be easily replaced or updated as the technology changes. I assume, being as you retired in your early 40s and are not a dork, that you have both sufficient means and the dashing looks to qualify for such a device.

ADVERTISEMENT