ADVERTISEMENT

TV Execs have finally ran out of ideas....

Bill Self is going to play Mr. Belding.

L6rct4_p_400x400.jpg

The whole entertainment industry has run out of ideas. Seems like most TV shows, songs ,and movies are just new versions of old stuff. I enjoy superhero movies but in the past 18 years Spider-Man has been done and rebooted not once but twice. The Fantastic Four has been done and rebooted once already in the past 15 years and is set to be rebooted a second time in a few years from now. Selling the rights to these movies caused part of this issue though.

Well at least Battlestar Galactica and The Office are both coming back too. A lot if sites are calling the Galactica show a reboot but it's not. The showrunners specifically said that it's a new show set in the Ronald Moore continuity.

Further proof. These 3 reboots occurred in the last few years and were quickly cancelled.

91fsRBf-7bL._RI_.jpg

bionic-woman-reboot-nbc.jpg

knight_rider_924.jpg

Last edited:
The whole entertainment industry has run out of ideas. Seems like most TV shows, songs ,and movies are just new versions of old stuff. I enjoy superhero movies but in the past 18 years Spider-Man has been done and rebooted not once but twice. The Fantastic Four has been done and rebooted once already in the past 15 years and is set to be rebooted a second time in a few years from now. Selling the rights to these movies caused part of this issue though.

It seems like there's a new Spider-Man movie released every year.

I don't think it's as much a lack of original ideas as it is the risk-averse Hollywood execs wanting a sure thing from a financial standpoint.

Take something that was imminently popular from a previous generation and update and reboot it for the current one. You keep a lot of the old audience and add a new audience that is likely influenced by parents' desires to share a piece of their childhood with their kids.

It's easy money. That's why they turned The Hobbit into three movies (ridiculous), and that's why they reboot everything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT