ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Defeats Southern Miss

rollsroyce8420

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
You have got to be kidding me! What a joke! Damn you Mitch Barnhardt!! You did this, you need to suffer the consequences!! Football is our bell cow and you've made a complete mess of it. We support our team and we deserve better leadership and a better product on the field!!!

Neal Brown won't be considered. He's not an unproven offensive or defensive coordinator. That's a prerequisite for St. Mitch. And he's not a nice enough guy. He's got a competitive streak that Mitch has questions about. His morals might be in question. Only the penitent man shall pass.

"Football is our bell cow"

Are you serious?? Football brings in SEC $$$$ but we are a basketball school. Don't be crazy

How would that help out defense? Not being smart but that is the crux of the problem so far
Well... its not as simple as putting the offense and defense into boxes and assume they dont affect each other. If the offense scores more and have the ball longer the defense plays better because they are more motivatedby being in the game still and they get more rest.

One example is i can assume neal brown figures out how to score on vandy on 1st and goal.

But to answer your question directly. I dont know specifically. One can only assume that getting a 6th win gets more practices, gets better recruits. Snowball effect?

I just stated I think neal brown figures out how to get us a 6th win.. and I think he would have

"Football is our bell cow"

Are you serious?? Football brings in SEC $$$$ but we are a basketball school. Don't be crazy

LoL if you actually look at the generated revenue for whatever reasons it's generated. You'd see that as bad as the UK football team is that it surpasses, by far, the revenue generated by UK basketball. It shocked me when I saw the differences in the numbers. If UK would put their money where their mouth is in highering, like they've done in basketball. The football product on the field would be as equally good.

Reactions: Gene1864 and jnewc2
Neal Brown won't be considered. He's not an unproven offensive or defensive coordinator. That's a prerequisite for St. Mitch. And he's not a nice enough guy. He's got a competitive streak that Mitch has questions about. His morals might be in question. Only the penitent man shall pass.

But it's spelled with an I :raised_hands:

Neal Brown and his staff seem to be a lot better organized than Stoops and his staff. One major thing you notice about Stoops UK football is the disorganization. Defense players line up in the wrong place and even yesterday we had to call a time out to get the special teams on the field. That is inexcusable. It reflects disorganization and that gets your beat. So Neal Brown trumps Stoops in that category

In all seriousness NB will be on MB's short list should things come to that...
"When things come to that"...think NB would be a good candidate, but with guys like Brohm, Fleck and several others it could be interesting choice just please no more DCS..today's college fb is about offensive

Find a way to get Neal Brown here as head coach, assuming he continues to have success at Troy.

Stoops was a proven defensive coordinator. Joker was a prove OC. So that comment doesn't hold weight.

Barnhart isn't going to fire Stoops this year so he isn't even thinking about replacements. When he does, I'm sure the Vandy offensive coordinator will be at the top of his list.

We're gonna have 2 more teams to compare our results with Troy's. They beat Austin pea 57-17 in week 1, which we play coming up, and this week they play our last opponent once again, New Mexico State.

I'm willing to bet Troy holds them to fewer yards and points unfortunately.

Troy has had a better program than Kentucky for twenty years. Usually highly competitive and with teams in their conference.
We have not said that very often.

Hasn't most of mitches hires in the major sports come from volunteer's? Especially the successful ones.

Hasn't most of mitches hires in the major sports come from volunteer's? Especially the successful ones.
Why in the sam hell did you dig up a post FROM 2016? Convo on this topic died a long long time ago.

Reactions: TeoJ
Do you think history has proven you right here? Seriously? Maybe when Neal Brown gets fired at WVU at the end of the year he can volunteer to coach UK and we can get run of Stoops because you can just volunteer to be coach. I’m thinking about volunteering to coach basketball and soccer next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeoJ
TS1120x1120~4043717.jpg

This was the year Stoops finally took control of the DC duties away from Elliott. As a result our D became exceptionally more improved.

Couldn't get Elliott and Brumbaugh out of here fast enough in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT