ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly Donovan has predicted Acaden Lewis to commit to UK!

University-6

Sophomore
Sep 28, 2017
LFG!

I know some of you don't like him, but Trilly has a verry good prediction rate. Maybe Acaden wanted this out with Brown visiting right now?
GYgR8vVW8AIRCVu

Last edited:
Agree with others, his final 4 schools tells you all you need to know. I think some have dissed him a little as a pg because he is so effective at getting his own shot if he wants to, but if you watch a lot of tape he is a good distributor of the ball.

Agree with others, his final 4 schools tells you all you need to know. I think some have dissed him a little as a pg because he is so effective at getting his own shot if he wants to, but if you watch a lot of tape he is a good distributor of the ball.
it would be nice to have a point guard that cans score & create on his own.
keeps the defense strong & stops them from dropping off of the point guard that is no threat to score

Reactions: chroix and Fox2monk
Man…..I’m not seeing much of a dip in recruiting. Every thumper on this board was saying kiss the top classes goodbye.

If Caleb Wilson comes also, what did we ever really need Cal for?

Seems like it. I'm very impressed if we can land this duo.

Any one know what sort of NIL packages were offering? I keep hearing top guys got 1.5 or 2mil from some random school, so curious what were offering.

Reactions: delk4three

Any one know what sort of NIL packages were offering? I keep hearing top guys got 1.5 or 2mil from some random school, so curious what were offering.
Anyone who says they know a dollar amount on players is lying...period.

“There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics.”​

College Accuse GIF

Reactions: delk4three

I'm surmised that our budget is in the $5 to $6 million range. Barnhart said two boosters pledged $4 million combined. Club Blue is now in excess to $1 million (and counting). So, is it a safe assumption that BBN could scrounge up $1 million more? I'd say so. That's $6 million, and that's a pretty conservative estimate.

$1.3 million for Jasper.
Probably the same for Wilson. That's half the budget.

Then the other 10 guys divide the last $3 million or so.

I'm a guessing a guy like Williams goes for $300,000 to $400,000 or so. A guy like Chandler probably $100,000.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Trilly is something like 345/347 on predictions. Many speculate it is a very well-known college hoops journalist who will someday reveal himself when he calls it quits.

Accurately called Haralson to ND the other day when every IU fan around swore it was IU.

If he is saying UK, then it's UK.
That was a weird pick too. He definitely is in the loop. I don’t care about the % because they change the last day when something changes, but he generally knows where the wind is blowing.

Our budget is in the $5 to $6 million range.

$1.3 million for Jasper.

I'm a guessing a guy like Williams goes for $300,000 to $400,000 or so. A guy like Chandler probably $100,000.
Let’s say the second rotation guys average 200k, that’s a million for 5 guys. That leaves 4 million for 5 starters give or take a million. I believe Dilly got like 700k. So you could get some elite freshman around that rate. Probably more for elite portal guys and stuff.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I'm surmised that our budget is in the $5 to $6 million range. Barnhart said two boosters pledged $4 million combined. Club Blue is now in excess to $1 million (and counting). So, is it a safe assumption that BBN could scrounge up $1 million more? I'd say so. That's $6 million, and that's a pretty conservative estimate.

$1.3 million for Jasper.

The issue is we need to get that every year now. If we can get 2 million from club blue, I’m guessing we could get 3-4 million from ultra huge boosters on average a year. Business deals and other sponsorships we need to bag soon. Then whatever schools revenue share and can pay soon.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
That was a weird pick too. He definitely is in the loop. I don’t care about the % because they change the last day when something changes, but he generally knows where the wind is blowing.
The guys over on Sleepers Media were asking BBN if we were tired of OAD, and in the comments section, almost everyone said that OAD was never the issue. It was Cal's inability to use players properly, and his failure to retain guys who clearly weren't OAD material (Goodwin, Orton, Boston, Diallo, Teague, etc.).

BBN would rejoice if we brought in a monster haul on the recruiting trail. You bring in Wilson, Lewis, Johnson, and Moreno and no one is complaining. We'd also know that Pope would supplement those guys with four or five returners, plus two to three in the portal.

Cal hated depth and was never big on player retention either (because it created "too many mouths to feed"). He looked at it as a burden. Meanwhile, Pope looks at it as a strength.

The guys over on Sleepers Media were asking BBN if we were tired of OAD, and in the comments section, almost everyone said that OAD was never the issue. It was Cal's inability to use players properly, and his failure to retain guys who clearly weren't OAD material (Goodwin, Orton, Boston, Diallo, Teague, etc.).

BBN would rejoice if we brought in a monster haul on the recruiting trail. You bring in Wilson, Lewis, Johnson, and Moreno and no one is complaining. We'd also know that Pope would supplement those guys with four or five returners, plus two to three in the portal.

Cal hated depth and was never big on player retention either (because it created "too many mouths to feed"). He looked at it as a burden. Meanwhile, Pope looks at it as a strength.
Anyone who thinks talent is a problem is goofy, we dominated with freshman for like 8 years. It can be done but supplementing them with super college guys will work even better.

Anyone who thinks talent is a problem is goofy, we dominated with freshman for like 8 years. It can be done but supplementing them with super college guys will work even better.
We truly have a small section of the fan base that is completely moronic on the "No more OAD" argument. They forget how many of our OADs were absolutely sensational when they were at UK.

All SEC and 1st team All-American John Wall
All SEC and 2nd Team All-American DeMarcus Cousins
ALL SEC 1st team Brandon Knight
All SEC 1st team Anthony Davis
All SEC 1st team Michael Gilchrist
NPOY Anthony Davis
1st team All-American Anthony Davis
2nd team All-American Michael Gilchrist
1st team All-SEC and defensive player of the year Nerlens Noel
1st team All-SEC Julius Randle
2nd team All-SEC James Young
3rd team All-American Julius Randle